Guest john5

think we all know , we are only interested in the black gold they have in the ground ....oil!!!!

nuke em all and take the oil for free

sh1t does this mean i will lose my diplomatic status now :doh:

Not quite as simple as that mate, it seems Gaddaffi was working out a nice little deal with the Chinese, to take a percentage in gold, rather than our shitty paper money. So their mates are as big as our mates.

ahh the chinks .....libya supplies only 3% of the worlds oil and i wonder what the consumption rates are of England and France /italy(or do i just have a nasty mind) and the good old little slant eyed back stabbing take-away merchants tried to move in

hmmmmm

We shouldn't be dropping bombs, that's all we ever f*****g do these days by way of international diplomacy - blow up the wrong folk. :doh: It just makes us look like bully boys :thumbdown:

The rulers of these autocratic arab states don't understand anything else though Jai. They'd have wiped Bengahzi off the map if we hadn't of intervened. I don't agree with this strategic targeting of individuals though.. :thumbdown:

That's what i meant mate, a show of force is one thing, targeting peoples families is a little different :thumbdown: And anyway, lets not pretend that we do this shit for humanitarian reasons, at least not the top brass.

Thing about the oil and the terrorism, have you not noticed the pattern, we invade a country to save them all, to promote democracy, and get the oil... . . . . and we do it in a way that makes them f*****g hate us. . . . . . . so we end up spending more money than it's worth, losing OUR citizens, and more civilians die than would have anyway.

IMHO its a civil war it's got f**k all to do with us, we now have a situation where some of the rebels are openly proclaiming to be al queda, one of the rebel leaders is a former detainee of guantanamo ! how does that work ??

The atrocities in Syria are continuing to mount and if we go in there is a very real chance that it could lead to world war 3. Thats how dangerous this is becoming. :thumbdown:

Bang on! :thumbs: This is a civil war that has been going on for 20y. Both sides are equally matched; it isn't a big'un picking on a little'un like the media would have us believe. If it was it'd not have been going on for 20y! Some of the rebel leaders have fled from Afghanistan and are AlQueada... Ithought they were the enemy? :blink:

Seriously though, its about 2 things: Oil; Getting our own back on Gaddaffi after Lockerbie. But now i think about it.... those two reasons aren't really that bad. :whistling:

Edited by Tomm Parr

yep if we just nuked them it would save our boys

Take it your not to hot on geo-politics then aye?

Nuke folk and ya get nuked.

As the old saying goes "Live by the sword, die by the sword"

• Like 1

yep if we just nuked them it would save our boys

Take it your not to hot on geo-politics then aye?

Nuke folk and ya get nuked.

As the old saying goes "Live by the sword, die by the sword"

Aye but i'll no be happy. . .

When i'm sat here having a wank.

And some f****r drops a nuke on me.

Cos some other f****r decided he fancied a wee sword fight.