Clondulane Country Fair Sat June 11Th 2011

Thanks Albert,it's been and still is a lot of very hard work as anyone who has organised a show will tell you.This show would not be possible without the support of people such as yourself and the many other people that have helped us. The amount of advice and support has been truly humbling.

We have a really cracking day's entertainment lined up with some events that you won't have seen at too many shows before.The main focus of our show is the dogs,we have a 200yrd track for straight racing, a 100yrd track for hurdles and some 40 plus show classes.We will again be holding a pet dog show and will also have races for these classes as well as lure scurries.

We will have a hunting and fieldsports bring and buy sale where people can sell equipment, dogs , ferrets ,birds anything to do with fieldsports but no carboot type items or bric a brac will be allowed.

We will have local Crafts and we are delighted to be able to showcase many of these within the many stalls.The show will also feature demonstrations of crafts as diverse as Thatching to sheep shearing to horse shoeing.There will also be gun and working dog demonstrations as well as the kids talent show and fancy dress competition.

We will also have a poultry show and poultry bring and buy sale which is a reflection of the rise in popularity that backyard poultry is having at present.

In addition to our near famous sheaf throwing competition we are this year adding a doubled handled cross cut sawing challenge. Teams of two will compete against the clock to cut through a log with the fasting team being crowned winners, a true test of strength and stamina for both men and women.

The mechanically minded have not been over looked either with a flying display by a group of local light aircraft enthusiasts ( weather permitting) , a vintage display, classic car displays by both the Volkswagen Beetle and Mini clubs of Ireland as well as a model machinery display.

The kids will be spoilt for choice with our barrel train , pony rides ,bouncy castles ,adventure trailer and animal corner. Top the day off with excellent live music and first class food from our food stalls and barbecue and you really do have a great family day out.

All proceeds from this event go directly to the School.

anyone know whos judging the lurchers and terriers

riou, we've two experienced working dog men, a lad from up the country for the lurchers and a Cork lad for the terriers.Don't want to be posting names until I've cleared it with them first.

Just a sample of the trophies and rosettes on offer on Saturday.

What classes are you putting on for the lurchers? (ie. rough dog, rough bitch, smooth dog etc.) Can you post the whole schedule please?

Hi Maximus these are the classes

Clondulane Country Fair

Show classes

Terriers

All terrier type pups 6-12 months

Jack Russell Smooth Coated Dog

Jack Russell Smooth Coated Bitch

Jack Russell Rough Coated Dog

Jack Russell Rough Coated Bitch

Boarder type Dog

Boarder type Bitch

Lakeland / Fell type Dog

Lakeland / Fell type Bitch

Patterdale Dog

Patterdale Bitch

Entered Terrier

Champion Terrier (winners from 3-12)

(Classes 3-12 entries must be over 1yr)

Lurchers

All Lurcher Type Pups Under 12 mths

Smooth Coated Dog ( under 23â€)

Smooth Coated Bitch (under 23â€)

Rough Coated Dog ( under 23â€)

Rough Coated Bitch (under 23â€)

Smooth Coated Dog (over 23â€)

Smooth Coated Bitch (over 23â€)

Rough Coated Dog ( over 23 “)

Rough Coated Bitch (over 23â€)

Bullcross

Working Lurcher

Whippets

Champion Lurcher ( winners 2-11 )

Ferrets

Kits

Hobs

Jills

Champion Ferret (winners 1-3 )

Racing Classes

Terriers

Lurcher over 23â€

Lurcher under 23â€

Whippets

Had a great day yesterday , plenty to see and do , Can see the show going from strength to strength . There was a good crowd , and it made for a great family day out , other event organisers could learn a thing or two by how it was run.

I would like to thank everyone who came , your support is really appreciated, I,d also like to thank the judges who did a really good through job,I'm very grateful to everyone who helped and advised me in the run up to the show. I wish I'd had more time to chat with people but the day was fairly manic for me.Congratulations to all our qualifiers I'll post the names when I get my paperwork sorted.I'm glad ye enjoyed the show.I'll post some photos when I get them.

I would like to congratulate all our show winners and the winners of the various qualifiers are as follows:

The Master McGrath

Niall O'Toole and Nasty

Elaine Loughnane And Hugo

Five Nations

PJ O'Rouke,Roscrea

32 Counties

Lurcher: PJ O'Rourke

Terrier: William O'Callaghan with Frost

Whippet: Mark O'Neill

Derbyshire Bullcross

Matthew Kelleher

Gary Healy

EdRd

Mark Costin with Billy

Miles Collins with Blackie

John Hendrick

I would like to congratulate all our show winners and the winners of the various qualifiers are as follows:

The Master McGrath

Niall O'Toole and Nasty

Five Nations

PJ O'Rouke,Roscrea

32 Counties

Derbyshire Bullcross

Matthew Kelleher

Gary Healy

EdRd

Mark Costin with Billy

John Hendrick

The Master McGrath

Niall O'Toole and Nasty

Five Nations

PJ O'Rouke,Roscrea

32 Counties

Derbyshire Bullcross

Matthew Kelleher

Gary Healy

EdRd

Mark Costin with Billy

John Hendrick

great show can only get better the 3euro entry fee put everyone in great form & probely spent more inside hope ye made enough to make it worth yer while for the school :thumbs:

Thanks dmick, the school has done very well out of the show thanks to people such as yourself who supported the event.I've always believed in not fleecing people at the gate and if you keep them entertained they will leave money in the field.We were to have a lot of other things going on as well but were let down at the last minute by them.With a little fine tuning here an there next year will be bigger and better.If anyone has any ideas or would like to bring an attraction to next years show feel free to pm me.