whats the worst dog you have seen

well it was my 1st lurcher 25 years ago, ok you might think it was his 1st dog, but it was feckin wank. It was beddy x g/w back again, it was stubbon, never retrieve, hard mouth,crap feet,and sharp with dogs. Funny thing was when i saw other dogs, i know i dropped on a bad'un. So it was either get another dog or get out of the game, luckly i got better dogs and have never looked back. :yes: Got a Brill rabbit dog now colliexgrey Bryn, and Tod a bullxgrey pup with a bit of luck should be a good dog :thumbs:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baws collie x...... Lol

whippets......no just one either majority i have seen have been pure pish :thumbs: ruined

Dan Edawrds Stags both brother and sister, Blue and Red, When the game pushed back they pushed you out of the way and b-lined it to the truck. Uphill Doc's Grace dog, no collie blood the dog could ba

seen a couple and owned a couple over the years but never for very long .thing is nowadays i must be more easily pleased cos the ones i got aint brilliant by a long way but their still in the kennel and aint going nowheremust be a age thing .lol.

a dog called sid.

a brindle hancock dog that would catch up with everythig but that was it, dont think it ever even pulled a bunny yet was kept like a king.

there are lots of shiet dogs, but more shite owners. like good dogs take time, some dogs can be made shite by bad owners.

Pleanty of people viewed but not many replies?

We must all have WORLDBEATERS.

Thats refreshing to see.

FTB

haha.

My excuse is i'm pretty anti-social, and don't go out with man, and the dogs i have seen have all been decent enough, no world beaters, but never blanked.

Believe me, i'd love to have something to moan about.

Ducky poo - you aint seen the right kind of whippets mate :thumbs: There is a lot of pish out there but . . . .

You surely dont go out very often

And you work that out how? Or just trying to be your usual self?

There is always at least one unfortunate rabbit to put in the bag mate. :thumbs: Doesn't mean that was what you were after, but it's not nice to blank completely.

:wankerzo4:

Edited by Ideation

seen a couple and owned a couple over the years but never for very long .thing is nowadays i must be more easily pleased cos the ones i got aint brilliant by a long way but their still in the kennel and aint going nowheremust be a age thing .lol.

:laugh: :laugh: I know what you mean! LOL I think it's because as we get older our own prey drive lessens, so we tolerate dogs which might not be quite as driven as when we were younger. Having said that, I get more attached to my dogs as I get older as well.

I have got rid of some crap in past years but I can honestly say they were all bought in or given to me. Not saying I've never bred mediocre dogs, but at least they all had their good days even if they weren't world beaters. My worst was a head case I rescued as a pup of 12 weeks old: it hadn't been abused or anything, but was just rubbish in every way: nervy, terrible feet, bad eater, manic when out, no strike, no stamina. Sad really. I often wonder if the whole litter was crap, or is it just the luck of the draw.

:laugh: :laugh: I know what you mean! LOL I think it's because as we get older our own prey drive lessens, so we tolerate dogs which might not be quite as driven as when we were younger. Having said that, I get more attached to my dogs as I get older as well.

I have got rid of some crap in past years but I can honestly say they were all bought in or given to me. Not saying I've never bred mediocre dogs, but at least they all had their good days even if they weren't world beaters. My worst was a head case I rescued as a pup of 12 weeks old: it hadn't been abused or anything, but was just rubbish in every way: nervy, terrible feet, bad eater, manic when out, no strike, no stamina. Sad really. I often wonder if the whole litter was crap, or is it just the luck of the draw.

Thank God for that i thought it was only just me lol.

Maybe as you get older and grow up you realize at the end of the day it doesnt matter if you catch a bunch of game, or a 'legendary' amount of game. . . .

(unless your getting payed for it)

Not the worst dog but the most tempremental - Mates Saluki, collie, grey. Some nights it would be magic - other nights it couldn't be arsed - and I really mean that - it literally wouldn't run.

the dog in your avatar is the spit of mine dude, where did you get it?

the worst dog i have seen was my mates arselicking mongrol dog, brought it out ferreting to see if it got into it, it saw a few rabbits get killed and wasnt interested, when one got shot however he ran over after some encouragement. and licked the bunnies backside once or twice before coming back looking very pleased with himself.

which one mate?the jack russel is from jason jones lines from llanrwst an the lurcher i got from gaerwen anglesea,both been good bitches for me over the years and have earned there kennel space.............ive got a bull x at moment,strong athletic looking bitch but couldnt hold a candle to my old grey/whip/deer x........her feet not the best an her stamina is shocking but she is part of my team an is here to stay,......if eveyone was as honest as most on here this would be a never ending thread as for every top dog you come across there are 10 you wouldnt even notice.

Thats refreshing to see.

FTB

haha.

My excuse is i'm pretty anti-social, and don't go out with man, and the dogs i have seen have all been decent enough, no world beaters, but never blanked.

Ducky poo - you aint seen the right kind of whippets mate :thumbs: There is a lot of pish out there but . . . .

There is always at least one unfortunate rabbit to put in the bag mate. :thumbs: Doesn't mean that was what you were after, but it's not nice to blank completely.

Ive blanked loads of times :icon_redface: Sometimes its down to lack of game, down to my lack of finding them, my dogs lack of catching them but I cant blame the dog, I've blanked plenty with the airifle too lol. Shit happens, thats why we love it, very unpredicatable this hunting melarky.

As for the worst dog I have ever seen, has to have been a friend of a mates dog, don't get me wrong, this dog looked the part. Big strong, deep chested 3/4 collie/grey, gleaming solid black, looked as keen as f**k. If I had never seen it run I'd have bought it in a second, stunning...... till it ran :blink: It wasn't as much as its speed or its stamina(which I never really saw)........... can remember it the now as if it was yesterday(early 90's) such was the impression it left..... Brown hare got up, perfect conditions, stubble field, almost in the middle, atleast 2 fields from cover, hare was a mere 30 yards away...... off the hare went..... off the dog went.....singing like a canary :icon_eek: honestly, I had never seen anything like it.... from the second it was slipped till the hare finally stopped pishing itself laughing and made its escape, this dog was singing like lady gaga :blink: the only time it stopped yapping was when it jumped a fence!!!

Thats refreshing to see.

FTB

haha.

Ive blanked loads of times :icon_redface: Sometimes its down to lack of game, down to my lack of finding them, my dogs lack of catching them but I cant blame the dog, I've blanked plenty with the airifle too lol. Shit happens, thats why we love it, very unpredicatable this hunting melarky.

As for the worst dog I have ever seen, has to have been a friend of a mates dog, don't get me wrong, this dog looked the part. Big strong, deep chested 3/4 collie/grey, gleaming solid black, looked as keen as f**k. If I had never seen it run I'd have bought it in a second, stunning...... till it ran :blink: It wasn't as much as its speed or its stamina(which I never really saw)........... can remember it the now as if it was yesterday(early 90's) such was the impression it left..... Brown hare got up, perfect conditions, stubble field, almost in the middle, atleast 2 fields from cover, hare was a mere 30 yards away...... off the hare went..... off the dog went.....singing like a canary :icon_eek: honestly, I had never seen anything like it.... from the second it was slipped till the hare finally stopped pishing itself laughing and made its escape, this dog was singing like lady gaga :blink: the only time it stopped yapping was when it jumped a fence!!!

but a good jumper,,,,,bet it would have brought £250 in CMW :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dazzz, if you bought it without a trial, you'd have paid top whack no probs. Looks dont kill game though :thumbs:

very true, and ive no doubt some would sell it as a tried and tested dog,

better to buy from folks you know, or better still get a pup,,and even that

method isnt bomb proof,,,,,,