One of my whippets .....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nell, my idea of a fit whippet

Cracking whippets folks...   This is my wee bitch pup.    

Posted Images

iv used the site for almost 10 years so know how alot of people take things i find it funny sometimes though as most of the ones having there dig know very little about what there haveing a dig at.

As for the differences for instance show stock is considerably bigger and now a slight difference in shape also most show lines are bred along a certain line and are mostly the same colours. Laguna was a racing line alot of years ago but as far as im aware the lady who once owned the line's daughter now breeds the laguna line and shows it . A properly bred race dog will be a hell of alot faster and have a slightly thinner coat and if you have a good one you wouldnt over work it anyway as the speed and bad ground is asking for hastle. A proper old coursing line would be a bit thicker coated and the ones i have seen were a longer leaner type of whippet. All more than capable of taking rabbits alot of the show stuff is worked and do it well as do some race breds but the reality is if you have a dog worthy of a champ ither on the track or in the ring not only would you put its career first but there would be little point working it as the race bred would be to fast and tend to do tendons or the likes and the show champ would be a big robust dog that yes would take the odd rabbit but i find they shut of a bit and tend to just run into things.

A race bred would usualy be 18-20" as anything over 21 cant get a passport. Show lines usualy just over the 21usualy but upto the 23". Lately i have seen working kc whippets range from 17" to 24" now as far as im concerned a whippet should be bred to be a whippet no matter of its purpose.

iv used the site for almost 10 years so know how alot of people take things i find it funny sometimes though as most of the ones having there dig know very little about what there haveing a dig at.

As for the differences for instance show stock is considerably bigger and now a slight difference in shape also most show lines are bred along a certain line and are mostly the same colours. Laguna was a racing line alot of years ago but as far as im aware the lady who once owned the line's daughter now breeds the laguna line and shows it . A properly bred race dog will be a hell of alot faster and have a slightly thinner coat and if you have a good one you wouldnt over work it anyway as the speed and bad ground is asking for hastle. A proper old coursing line would be a bit thicker coated and the ones i have seen were a longer leaner type of whippet. All more than capable of taking rabbits alot of the show stuff is worked and do it well as do some race breds but the reality is if you have a dog worthy of a champ ither on the track or in the ring not only would you put its career first but there would be little point working it as the race bred would be to fast and tend to do tendons or the likes and the show champ would be a big robust dog that yes would take the odd rabbit but i find they shut of a bit and tend to just run into things.

A race bred would usualy be 18-20" as anything over 21 cant get a passport. Show lines usualy just over the 21usualy but upto the 23". Lately i have seen working kc whippets range from 17" to 24" now as far as im concerned a whippet should be bred to be a whippet no matter of its purpose.

The laguna line where very much a coursing line started circa 1947 by dorrit mckay but where shown and raced as well and many feature in todays working whippets dare I say it mainly down through the sooty sam lines.

Sorry but the mere mention of that name could totally ruin this thread.

The truth of the matter is that there are many strains of whippets out there more than capable of holding there heads up in the working field and I agree for me a whippet should be a whippet

Well as for nothing to compare it to here are a few of my dogs and my good ones retire here aswel.

same bitch after a nites lamping.

SAM_0996.jpg

my black bitch whom is now getting on a bit at about 6 still works day and nite.

Picture079.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture022.jpg

SDC10842.jpg

do ya dogs were gum shelds when lamping cos there not a pice of fur out of place. and as for the hare a little dog would rought his coat up for sure trying to deal with him jmo

Guest joball

Pictures mean nothing, nore does 20 rabbits how do we know they aint been netted, i bet you show them pics to everyone, we carnt take your word for it, like said they look to pritty to of seen any real graft. I could put about 50 pics of my whippets night out this season to show you a real little grafter but i carnt be arsed.

Pictures mean nothing, nore does 20 rabbits how do we know they aint been netted, i bet you show them pics to everyone, we carnt take your word for it, like said they look to pritty to of seen any real graft. I could put about 50 pics of my whippets night out this season to show you a real little grafter but i carnt be arsed.

why would he bother??? :blink: