how long do you leave your dogs for?

As long as they have food and water, leave them for as long as you need to (with in reason)....fannying around dogs leads to needy, nurotic animals.

If more folk treated dogs like dogs and didnt try to humanise them so much you would have a lot more happy animals in the world.

All this must walk at 6 and feed at 8 and wipe its arse every second thursday of the month will have the animal climbing the walls when you cant make the "date" sometime.

Let a dog be a dog, you tell it not the other way round.

spot on ,

Just a thought but a dog is a pack animal....and being solitary for 11 hours a day is not a "dog being a dog" at all IN MY OPINION. I gave up a job like that for a few reasons including my dog not getting out enough for a max of 8 hours a day job

yes your right a dog is a pack animal but it needs 2 know who is top dog not the other way round

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please dont be offended but we have all seen from your previous posts that you dont have a f*****g clue so in this instance I dont think your opinion really matters.

As long as they have food and water, leave them for as long as you need to (with in reason)....fannying around dogs leads to needy, nurotic animals. If more folk treated dogs like dogs and didnt try

f*****g spot on........my dogs get fed when i'm ready not them, they get walked when i'm ready not when there ready. Pussy foot around them and you'll end up with shite. I've had this argument befor

i take mine everywhere even tesco they sit in the car waiting for me while i go get my shopping,

every morning i go to the gym they come there as well see since this silly ban we dont work them as much but they still spend as much time with me,so dont leave them long time

Edited by itsme

i take mine everywhere even tesco they sit in the car waiting for me while i go get my shopping,

every morning i go to the gym they come there as well see since this silly ban we dont work them as much but they still spend as much time with me,so dont leave them long time

So, what do you do with them when you go to work?

• Like 2

I am very much boss over my lot...but I PERSONALLY don't think it is humane to leave a dog 11 hours a day....but hey ho what the f**k do I know on this sexist, arm chair hunter site pmsl.

Anyone who knows me respects me fully, even a guy who has bred some very well known dogs has said I am one of the best dog handler/owners he has ever met and respects me fully.....now from a bloke that has been in it since he was 12 that is a serious compliment

I am very much boss over my lot...but I PERSONALLY don't think it is humane to leave a dog 11 hours a day....but hey ho what the f**k do I know on this sexist, arm chair hunter site pmsl.

Anyone who knows me respects me fully, even a guy who has bred some very well known dogs has said I am one of the best dog handler/owners he has ever met and respects me fully.....now from a bloke that has been in it since he was 12 that is a serious compliment

I agree that it isn't right to leave a dog for 11 hours and if you have to do so you probably shouldn't have a dog.

As for your ability as a dog handler - I don't know you but you certainly didn't deserve those earlier comments!?!?

• Like 1

How old is he now?..........14

Not much by the sounds of it....................but big yourself up why dont you!!!... :thumbs:

So, what do you do with them when you go to work?

iam a keeper so they come with me honestly there with me 24/7 except in the bedroom dont like dogs in the house

I agree that it isn't right to leave a dog for 11 hours and if you have to do so you probably shouldn't have a dog.

As for your ability as a dog handler - I don't know you but you certainly didn't deserve those earlier comments!?!?

I couldnt agree more, finally the voice of someone with a second brain cell :). Its the usual sexist idiots trying to compensate for lacking themselves in many areas haha

• Like 1

and you still can't get your dog to retrieve :whistling:

hard mouthed bull greys dont fanny on with retreiving, her quarry is a little heavy for that :feck:

hard mouthed bull greys dont fanny on with retreiving, her quarry is a little heavy for that :feck:

:laugh:

well if i was as old as chalky and retiered i would have my dogs with me as much as possible :D ...but i have to work like most folk...so its just a couple of hours a day through the summer months exsept for weekends ..obviously more time through the season.saying that i have the pup in the house everynight till about 9ish then put it out in the kennel.and come on wilf stop playing the hardman.. :laugh: ive seen pics of you pooch spread out on the couch..you should be teaching your disiple lab spastic better then that... :thumbs:

Edited by snoopdog

I dont think it has anything to do with being "hard" or "soft" on your animals, my aim was really to convey that if you relax around your animals they will relax around you.....and let me tell everyone, IMHO a relaxed animal is much more of a joy than one that requires constant nurture and reassurance (when adult)

Also, I would say to this lad, if you are going to have a large type breed in-doors which may spend long-ish periods of time alone alone, then just have one dog.

I know lots of people keep more with no problems, but dont cause yourself stress from the get-go.

I have seen so many animals turned into mental wrecks by well meaning but misguided owners.

I think the hard mouthed bull x comment speakes for itself in its sheer rediculousness, but that said, I cant teach good retrieve to save my life :laugh:

Snoopy, you got me!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by CHALKWARREN
  • Like 1