how long do you leave your dogs for?

I live at home with my parents at the moment but am looking to move out but im worried about how long my dog will be on his own. im usually gone from about 6.30am until 5.30pm. would getting another dog for company do any good or is that just asking for a tear up when nobodys around? thanks alot, Aaron.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please dont be offended but we have all seen from your previous posts that you dont have a f*****g clue so in this instance I dont think your opinion really matters.

As long as they have food and water, leave them for as long as you need to (with in reason)....fannying around dogs leads to needy, nurotic animals. If more folk treated dogs like dogs and didnt try

f*****g spot on........my dogs get fed when i'm ready not them, they get walked when i'm ready not when there ready. Pussy foot around them and you'll end up with shite. I've had this argument befor

as long as they getting plenty of exercise ,a good walk in the morning plus a good walk in the evening and worked with a good diet and lifestyle and don,t wreck your premises then i don,t think it will be a big problem

the way i would look at is ,if you wer,nt working them hours ,he would be proberly only exerciseing a bit longer then what you would if you were at work ,maybe you might fit a extra walk in somtime in the day ,but aslong he/she getting the exercise the dog needs then that all that matters :thumbs:

As long as they have food and water, leave them for as long as you need to (with in reason)....fannying around dogs leads to needy, nurotic animals.

If more folk treated dogs like dogs and didnt try to humanise them so much you would have a lot more happy animals in the world.

All this must walk at 6 and feed at 8 and wipe its arse every second thursday of the month will have the animal climbing the walls when you cant make the "date" sometime.

Let a dog be a dog, you tell it not the other way round.

• Like 5

As long as they have food and water, leave them for as long as you need to (with in reason)....fannying around dogs leads to needy, nurotic animals.

If more folk treated dogs like dogs and didnt try to humanise them so much you would have a lot more happy animals in the world.

All this must walk at 6 and feed at 8 and wipe its arse every second thursday of the month will have the animal climbing the walls when you cant make the "date" sometime.

spot on ,

spot on ,

Just a thought but a dog is a pack animal....and being solitary for 11 hours a day is not a "dog being a dog" at all IN MY OPINION. I gave up a job like that for a few reasons including my dog not getting out enough for a max of 8 hours a day job

Just a thought but a dog is a pack animal....and being solitary for 11 hours a day is not a "dog being a dog" at all IN MY OPINION. I gave up a job like that for a few reasons including my dog not getting out enough for a max of 8 hours a day job

Please dont be offended but we have all seen from your previous posts that you dont have a f*****g clue so in this instance I dont think your opinion really matters. :thumbs:

• Like 8

Please dont be offended but we have all seen from your previous posts that you dont have a f*****g clue so in this instance I dont think your opinion really matters. :thumbs:

spot on :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

f*****g spot on........my dogs get fed when i'm ready not them, they get walked when i'm ready not when there ready. Pussy foot around them and you'll end up with shite.

I've had this argument before....when i had 1 dog it used to run about the farm all day so it was lucky to get a walk once a week....is that dog got a better life than 1 that gets walked for 20 mins 3 times a day.......i'd say so!!!

Now i have 4 dogs i cant have them all running around so they get walked everyday....whether thats a 5 min walk or a 3 hour 1 it doesn't matter..............and yes they are are fit as fiddles..... :thumbs:

• Like 2