Live rabbit catching options

L.S.,

As far as I know my best options to catch live rabbits are ferreting and longnetting. Both are difficult in the situation I am in.

Are there other options to catch rabbits alive and unharmed? Do cage traps have any use for rabbits? Could I snare them alive?

Thanks in advance,

Lennard

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

soft mouthed lurcher an a lamp

Dont forget long netting. OR tempting the bunny to cuddle.

Is it??   Can you point me at the legislation please Stubby?   I think that as long as the landowner is in agreement, no law would be broken?

L.S.,

As far as I know my best options to catch live rabbits are ferreting and longnetting. Both are difficult in the situation I am in.

Are there other options to catch rabbits alive and unharmed? Do cage traps have any use for rabbits? Could I snare them alive?

Thanks in advance,

Lennard

cage traps are very effective mine have been out since before christmas they go from one farm to another

Cage traps can be effective, i have no problems with mine, they account for good numbers every year.

DSC00587.jpg

Drop boxes are good provided you have fenced/netted up all the other routes.

It is possible to snare if you put stops on your wires

Horses for courses!!

Is the best way to set a live trap a friend of mine is trying to set them along the fence line there are hundreds in the field but had no luck after a week or so of them being down tried carrots mixed veg but they don't seem to taking it any ideas what he doin wrong or not doing at all

Atb

Is the best way to set a live trap a friend of mine is trying to set them along the fence line there are hundreds in the field but had no luck after a week or so of them being down tried carrots mixed veg but they don't seem to taking it any ideas what he doin wrong or not doing at all

Atb

try mixing carraway seeds on your carrots,rabbits love them.

atb sneeky

L.S.,

Thanks in advance,

Lennard

drop boxes are a great way of catching them alive snaring them alive, it all depends on how you catch the rabbit in the snare some will just sit others will pull and pull until it dies and of course where abouts the snare is on the rabbit

Are there other options to catch rabbits alive and unharmed? Lennard

my question would be WHY????

do the laws differ where you live?

as moving live rabbits to a new area over here without the landowners permission would be illegal, and cruelty to wild animals act would come into play

as moving live rabbits to a new area over here without the landowners permission would be illegal, and cruelty to wild animals act would come into play

Is it??

Can you point me at the legislation please Stubby?

I think that as long as the landowner is in agreement, no law would be broken?

• Like 1

How come some people are so pedantic about everything...

Lennard yes its possible to snare rabbits alive, or like said you could use cages or net them.. What sort of terrain is it your planning on catching them and there defined runs and access they use.