how much bull to put in your dog

i think 3/8 bull is plenty in lurcher x, had 1/4 bull to 3/4 grey was a good dog. But if you drop to a 1/4 bull with other breeds in, you could loose that 1/4, unless just back to grey. Thats why with 3/8 bull , you will get the full benefit of the breed :yes:

is yours a 3/8 bird

i think 3/8 bull is plenty in lurcher x, had 1/4 bull to 3/4 grey was a good dog. But if you drop to a 1/4 bull with other breeds in, you could loose that 1/4, unless just back to grey. Thats why with 3/8 bull , you will get the full benefit of the breed :yes:

is yours a 3/8 bird

yes mate,Tod 3/8 bull 5/8 grey only pup 25in 8 1/2 months old, had 1 before and a 1/4 bull 3/4 grey.hope he is as good as the other 2 :thumbs:

Tod

chadapril8thtod8monthold.jpg

its not how much bull blood , its how good it is , and even then its will this pass on to the pups after watering it down , and then further still whats going to be expected of the off spring , just because a dogs carrying say.... 1/8..... 1/4 bull blood itdoesnt mean it will make the best terriermans dog , ive seen and owned dogs that in the feild lack nothing , they have drive , heart , and determination , but to a terrierman thats not enough , thats where the heavy bull blood , or heavy terrier blooded dog comes into its own , that terrier mentality can go a long way , the dog takes the extra knocks that may comeacross as wrecklessness , but its justa bigger desire to get stuck in , ..... eg... ive seen 70, 80 , and 90 lb dogs with 1/8 to 1/2 bull blood that wont draw yet are very single handed on the lamp , and ive seen straight patterdales that will draw and bigger terriers that will do it for fun , not all dogs posess that bull/terrier mentality , but then again not all need to , if you were trying to spice up a running dog to add strength then yes adding bull blood ... the right blood can produce a good allrounder , but some bull xs are stubborn so you may loose obedience , some are too heavy so you may loose speed , and some are just no good at there job , think about what youve got .... and most importantly ... what you want ...... happy hunting TAG , from the MIDLANDS in ENGLAND :D

• Like 1

i do like that little bit of good quality bull in my lurcher just to give that extra bit of bite and try just wondering how much you people like to add and whats your prefered cross to add to your lurcher pic would be appreciated

when you say you like "bull in my lurcher" what do you mean??? :hmm:

ROBBIE FOWLER GOD NO BULL IN THAT

oh yes!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Go watch the football mate!!!

:laugh: :laugh: i bet my dogs got more bull in than yours :tongue2::thumbs:

i bet mine has got more that yours :tongue2:

:laugh: id say there about the same :whistling: :whistling: he looks bang on in that pic mate :thumbs: