Doggy men hierarchy

If a person/s dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it, then it's theft.

:thumbs: you just looked that up artic ,, its that wording that makes it poaching,,, cos when released there no ones property

No Tomo, that is the new wording of the theft act.

Depriving is the word that has been changed to Appropriate. There is a small difference of the two, and made a hell of difference if charged with it.

:thumbs:

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know myself as l run both day and night and know the hare by day is a different animal during the day but what l don't get is why do they get all this RESPECT but every other animal that is hunting

no such thing as thieving a wild animal when there released there wild

Some of us put in a few years Trying to get a dog a to a good standard.Its the ones that write them off after a few month.I have no time for.

Posted Images

Ok here goes....... There's 2 types of 'poacher' for me... There's the kind who respect the land and test there dog on the countrys finest wild game..... Then there's the other type who poach game birds, or in other words thiefs!!!!!

no such thing as thieving a wild animal :thumbs: when there released there wild ;)

:notworthy::good::notworthy:

:laugh:

No matter what keepers rant on at you for ...saying " Stealing my bl**dy birds "etc ..Pheasants are wild birds and belong to no one .

Tell that to the small syndicate lads who are paying £3.75 a poult! lol lol

And about £200 quid to shoot it.Think the porfit margens speak for themself.Saying that never had any hassle with keeper.Most shoots make a good profit.:thumbs:

No matter what keepers rant on at you for ...saying " Stealing my bl**dy birds "etc ..Pheasants are wild birds and belong to no one .

And about £200 quid to shoot it.Think the porfit margens speak for themself.Saying that never had any hassle with keeper.Most shoots make a good profit.:thumbs:

Trust me catcher a team of night men [pheasant poachers] can have a devastateing affect on any pheasant shoot.

Trust me catcher a team of night men [pheasant poachers] can have a devastateing affect on any pheasant shoot.

Fair play Dell.A thing i would never do.Respect Catcher :thumbs:

On your property they become yours , so it is a really simple matter to catch up sufficient breeding stock from your own area.

It is advisable to put out and bait the catcher with wheat for a time beforehand.

A four foot square by two foot high cage with an opening one foot high and nine inches wide on each end which will allow the pheasant to move in and out freely while feeding on the grain.

After a suitable time of pre-baiting, wire netting funnels can be slipped into the open ends.

A sliding door in the roof will facilitate the removal of birds. These cages must be checked on a regular basis, i.e. (intervals of every 4 /6 hours) and the birds removed to avoid stress. Ideally this exercise should be completed by mid February to allow the birds to settle in and get acclimatised to their new living quarters.

:D

On your property they do not become 'yours' unless they are enclosed or dead! On your property you have the right to take them by legal means, but thats it. Wild is wild, no man can possibly 'own' a wild animal unless it's either enclosed or dead....Thats my take on it.....Anyone?

Not so much these days, just the big commercial ones.

On your property they become yours , so it is a really simple matter to catch up sufficient breeding stock from your own area.

It is advisable to put out and bait the catcher with wheat for a time beforehand.

A four foot square by two foot high cage with an opening one foot high and nine inches wide on each end which will allow the pheasant to move in and out freely while feeding on the grain.

After a suitable time of pre-baiting, wire netting funnels can be slipped into the open ends.

A sliding door in the roof will facilitate the removal of birds. These cages must be checked on a regular basis, i.e. (intervals of every 4 /6 hours) and the birds removed to avoid stress. Ideally this exercise should be completed by mid February to allow the birds to settle in and get acclimatised to their new living quarters.

On your property they do not become 'yours' unless they are enclosed or dead! On your property you have the right to take them by legal means, but thats it. Wild is wild, no man can possibly 'own' a wild animal unless it's either enclosed or dead....Thats my take on it.....Anyone?

If a pheasant is on my land, then I can shoot it, catch it, trap it. It does not need to be dead.

Owning, meaning "It belongs to a person/s" is a different ball game. Pheasants wonder as do cats, thats were the Theft Act comes into play if foul play is committed.

Trying to explain "Law" is very difficult, and there are many loop holes in each section and act. It takes years to learn it, and you never will learn it. Its impossible. You can read many books, and be told by many people what is what, but you need to put it into practise to see the "True" meaning of it all.

:victory:

What about those of us who just like to have a knock about the the dogs Mouchers :thumbs:

You guys are fine :thumbs:

The ones I hate the most and I forgot to put them in the list is hare lampers :censored:

Nothing wrong with lamping hares in big open fields with 1 lamping dog its running them in small fields with 2 lamping dogs or coursing dogs is the prop

We both know if you know the land, you know where to stand to prevent the hare using its usual escape route. Loads of reasons why lamping hares is wrong :thumbdown:

Like most things that get lamped then why is not fair to lamp hares but ok to lamp foxes deer rabbits etc etc 2 many rules for hares at times

Foxes, rabbits, easier to find at night, rabbits know where they are going to run, sit out further etc..... don't lamp deer, never have. Although like everything else, shit happens. The hare is the ultimate creature, the ultimate prize for the dogman in my view. You need to treat with respect, give him a fair crack at the whip. I have lamped my fair share of hares when I was younger, I'm not denying that but I grew up and realised although they still give you a good run, it's nowhere near as good as a daylight hare.

I know myself as l run both day and night and know the hare by day is a different animal during the day but what l don't get is why do they get all this RESPECT but every other animal that is hunting is not giving the same .

You say that rabbit knows where there going well hares are wild animals and hunting by other things and not just man and lucher they have to know there escape route to get away.

Is it fair to put terrier into a hole where fox as no where to run????

Is fair to run them all over the country side with packs off hounds then when they get away down hole dig them out????

Is it fair to put ferret down a hole the put nets over the holes where they cant get away????

The list can go on and on what is fair or not in the hunting world,The word RESPECT is only every used when it comes to the hare is this because it is the ultimate test for any running dog or is it because its the coursing man with his big money dogs think them and the hares they hunt should get the RESPECT from the rest off us.

well never as there been a more honest post on here,,,, well said mate

baw you seem to like the post's that are a bit controversial??? yet you allways back a certain man,

who openly boast's about lamping hares and lets more dog's go than anyone else,,,before they are

old enough to have proven anything,,,,,,double standards if you ask me baw,,,

oh and if you want an answer to your question,,,, then it's not what you do,,,,or how much

you do,,,,,,or how often you do it,,,,,it's how you go about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or if your like some then it's one big compatition or ego trip!!!!!!!

• Like 2

What about those of us who just like to have a knock about the the dogs Mouchers :thumbs:

You guys are fine :thumbs:

The ones I hate the most and I forgot to put them in the list is hare lampers :censored:

Nothing wrong with lamping hares in big open fields with 1 lamping dog its running them in small fields with 2 lamping dogs or coursing dogs is the prop

We both know if you know the land, you know where to stand to prevent the hare using its usual escape route. Loads of reasons why lamping hares is wrong :thumbdown:

Like most things that get lamped then why is not fair to lamp hares but ok to lamp foxes deer rabbits etc etc 2 many rules for hares at times

Foxes, rabbits, easier to find at night, rabbits know where they are going to run, sit out further etc..... don't lamp deer, never have. Although like everything else, shit happens. The hare is the ultimate creature, the ultimate prize for the dogman in my view. You need to treat with respect, give him a fair crack at the whip. I have lamped my fair share of hares when I was younger, I'm not denying that but I grew up and realised although they still give you a good run, it's nowhere near as good as a daylight hare.

I know myself as l run both day and night and know the hare by day is a different animal during the day but what l don't get is why do they get all this RESPECT but every other animal that is hunting is not giving the same .

You say that rabbit knows where there going well hares are wild animals and hunting by other things and not just man and lucher they have to know there escape route to get away.

Is it fair to put terrier into a hole where fox as no where to run????

Is fair to run them all over the country side with packs off hounds then when they get away down hole dig them out????

Is it fair to put ferret down a hole the put nets over the holes where they cant get away????

The list can go on and on what is fair or not in the hunting world,The word RESPECT is only every used when it comes to the hare is this because it is the ultimate test for any running dog or is it because its the coursing man with his big money dogs think them and the hares they hunt should get the RESPECT from the rest off us.

your literacy skills have improved massively from earlier posts iceman, im impressed. :whistling:

Ok then........if that was the way of thinking if the farm next door to me in the middle of the night 1 of the gates opened and all his sheep wandered onto my field surely i could close the gate and now they belong too me, right?..... :hmm:

I said earlier on that its a 'moral' view on how you go about poaching game birds that have had alot of time and money spent on them and also the fact that someones job couold be on the line too if the numbers dont add up at the end of the season.

If a dog catches 1 then its an accident......if you go out in the middle of the night and shoot roosting pheasants, whether to fill your pockets or do it cause your a little disrespectful b*****d then if you become a croper then you cant go crying about it.

Ok then........if that was the way of thinking if the farm next door to me in the middle of the night 1 of the gates opened and all his sheep wandered onto my field surely i could close the gate and now they belong too me, right?..... :hmm:

I said earlier on that its a 'moral' view on how you go about poaching game birds that have had alot of time and money spent on them and also the fact that someones job couold be on the line too if the numbers dont add up at the end of the season.

If a dog catches 1 then its an accident......if you go out in the middle of the night and shoot roosting pheasants, whether to fill your pockets or do it cause your a little disrespectful b*****d then if you become a croper then you cant go crying about it.

unless the laws changed in the last few years you can encourage pheasants onto your land /property and kill them .nothing to do with sheep ,gates or any other crap.for someone thats in your business thought you would have known that .