Doggy men hierarchy

No matter what keepers rant on at you for ...saying " Stealing my bl**dy birds "etc ..Pheasants are wild birds and belong to no one .

On your property they become yours , so it is a really simple matter to catch up sufficient breeding stock from your own area.

It is advisable to put out and bait the catcher with wheat for a time beforehand.

A four foot square by two foot high cage with an opening one foot high and nine inches wide on each end which will allow the pheasant to move in and out freely while feeding on the grain.

After a suitable time of pre-baiting, wire netting funnels can be slipped into the open ends.

A sliding door in the roof will facilitate the removal of birds. These cages must be checked on a regular basis, i.e. (intervals of every 4 /6 hours) and the birds removed to avoid stress. Ideally this exercise should be completed by mid February to allow the birds to settle in and get acclimatised to their new living quarters.

:D

On your property they do not become 'yours' unless they are enclosed or dead! On your property you have the right to take them by legal means, but thats it. Wild is wild, no man can possibly 'own' a wild animal unless it's either enclosed or dead....Thats my take on it.....Anyone?

Ok then........if that was the way of thinking if the farm next door to me in the middle of the night 1 of the gates opened and all his sheep wandered onto my field surely i could close the gate and now they belong too me, right?..... :hmm:

I said earlier on that its a 'moral' view on how you go about poaching game birds that have had alot of time and money spent on them and also the fact that someones job couold be on the line too if the numbers dont add up at the end of the season.

If a dog catches 1 then its an accident......if you go out in the middle of the night and shoot roosting pheasants, whether to fill your pockets or do it cause your a little disrespectful b*****d then if you become a croper then you cant go crying about it.

unless the laws changed in the last few years you can encourage pheasants onto your land /property and kill them .nothing to do with sheep ,gates or any other crap.for someone thats in your business thought you would have known that .

please do not try and patronise me..... I know what I'm talking about..... Feeding neighbouring shoots birds whether legal or not on to yours is frowned upon in the shooting fraternity, you should know that if your in the industry!!!

yep frowned upon ,, if you read a book or the shooting times,,,,,, but in reality all keepers try to do it :thumbs: you know i know what im talking about

maybe I'm wrong but I reckon most keepers would be happy if there birds stayed on there land and there neighbours stayed on there's. Keepers don't try and draw other peoples birds but part time keepers do!!!! Baw, you wife is Danny dyers bitch.... Fact!!!!!

As you say mate real keepers don't try to draw their neighbours birds and any one who understands how driven birds work would know why there is nowt to be gained from it

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know myself as l run both day and night and know the hare by day is a different animal during the day but what l don't get is why do they get all this RESPECT but every other animal that is hunting

no such thing as thieving a wild animal when there released there wild

Some of us put in a few years Trying to get a dog a to a good standard.Its the ones that write them off after a few month.I have no time for.

Posted Images

weve gone from game birds to hares its a totaly different subject,hares arent ruining someones hard work or losing them there job

Correct mate....... It's legalised stealing drawing pheasants onto your own land. Why don't the c**ts that do that put there hand in there pocket and put a few birds down, put the graft in at poult stage and can hold there head high knowing there are doing there bit. You'll find out you will get along with the keeper alot better if you did!!!!!

theres farm just off my mates place does that all the time and has a organised day right in front of his face every boxing day there hasnt been alot in the last few years as someone keeps walkin the wood through the night before :whistling:

No matter what keepers rant on at you for ...saying " Stealing my bl**dy birds "etc ..Pheasants are wild birds and belong to no one .

On your property they become yours , so it is a really simple matter to catch up sufficient breeding stock from your own area.

It is advisable to put out and bait the catcher with wheat for a time beforehand.

A four foot square by two foot high cage with an opening one foot high and nine inches wide on each end which will allow the pheasant to move in and out freely while feeding on the grain.

After a suitable time of pre-baiting, wire netting funnels can be slipped into the open ends.

A sliding door in the roof will facilitate the removal of birds. These cages must be checked on a regular basis, i.e. (intervals of every 4 /6 hours) and the birds removed to avoid stress. Ideally this exercise should be completed by mid February to allow the birds to settle in and get acclimatised to their new living quarters.

On your property they do not become 'yours' unless they are enclosed or dead! On your property you have the right to take them by legal means, but thats it. Wild is wild, no man can possibly 'own' a wild animal unless it's either enclosed or dead....Thats my take on it.....Anyone?

Ok then........if that was the way of thinking if the farm next door to me in the middle of the night 1 of the gates opened and all his sheep wandered onto my field surely i could close the gate and now they belong too me, right?..... :hmm:

I said earlier on that its a 'moral' view on how you go about poaching game birds that have had alot of time and money spent on them and also the fact that someones job couold be on the line too if the numbers dont add up at the end of the season.

If a dog catches 1 then its an accident......if you go out in the middle of the night and shoot roosting pheasants, whether to fill your pockets or do it cause your a little disrespectful b*****d then if you become a croper then you cant go crying about it.

unless the laws changed in the last few years you can encourage pheasants onto your land /property and kill them .nothing to do with sheep ,gates or any other crap.for someone thats in your business thought you would have known that .

please do not try and patronise me..... I know what I'm talking about..... Feeding neighbouring shoots birds whether legal or not on to yours is frowned upon in the shooting fraternity, you should know that if your in the industry!!!

yep frowned upon ,, if you read a book or the shooting times,,,,,, but in reality all keepers try to do it :thumbs: you know i know what im talking about

maybe I'm wrong but I reckon most keepers would be happy if there birds stayed on there land and there neighbours stayed on there's. Keepers don't try and draw other peoples birds but part time keepers do!!!! Baw, you wife is Danny dyers bitch.... Fact!!!!!

As you say mate real keepers don't try to draw their neighbours birds and any one who understands how driven birds work would know why there is nowt to be gained from it

exactly most will fly back over the line and possibly take some of yours with them so its a waste of time to purposely do that :thumbs:

When the birds are realest for there pens they become wild birds where they can go where every they want surely if one off them birds comes on to your land they are fair game????

Just asking because don't know much about pheasants but are the birds ringed or marked to show who owns them when they are sett free from there pens and if they are surely there are not fair game when they come on till your land????

exactly most will fly back over the line and possibly take some of yours with them so its a waste of time to purposely do that :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

When the birds are realest for there pens they become wild birds where they can go where every they want surely if one off them birds comes on to your land they are fair game????

Just asking because don't know much about pheasants but are the birds ringed or marked to show who owns them when they are sett free from there pens and if they are surely there are not fair game when they come on till your land????

you can do that iceman, some folk do tag there birds but in reality you wouldn't be able to see it in flight so it wouldn't work for property of bird recognition.

you can do that iceman, some folk do tag there birds but in reality you wouldn't be able to see it in flight so it wouldn't work for property of bird recognition.

Was doing a bit off pike fishing about 10 years ago at wee quiet river seen this young lads 15 16 years off age building a bridge to get over the river.

So over the river they went and up into the forest at the top off the hill facing me.

Pheasants flying all over the show lads come running down the hill over the bridge and start fishing just up from me.

Any how 3 hours or so later the young lads where back over the bridge back up into the forest about 45 mins later the boys are coming down the hill carrying about 9 10 birds each over the bridge they come one comes over gives me two birds.

So had to ask them how did you get so many birds in short piece off time ,he said very easy MR my mas sleeping tablets and a bag off raisins just put a quarter off sleeping tablet in a risen and throw them on forest floor and just wait few hours and they cant fly away.

Back then l didn't see the wrong in what this young lads where doing just few lads trying make few pound but the older l have got the more l learn how much hard work it goes into rising these birds and getting ready for the coming shooting season and this lads could wreck that in about 2 weeks off doing this :thumbs:

iceman its the method used in the book danny the champion of the world crackn book loved resding it when a was a young lad. but a didnt think the sleeping tabs would work a might have to try it and find out for meself.

iceman its the method used in the book danny the champion of the world crackn book loved resding it when a was a young lad. but a didnt think the sleeping tabs would work a might have to try it and find out for meself.

Could not till yea but must work was in a little town called Downpartick about half hour from Belfast could not believe how easy it was to get so many birds in a short piece off time.

Hope l have not started something here be few tablets going missing out off the mas tablets drawer :tongue2:

Aye thats right most poaching only ever exists in fiction books LOL :tongue2: :tongue2:

Aye thats right most poaching only ever exists in fiction books LOL :tongue2: :tongue2:

or on the reality interweb sensation that is the hunting life where your dreams become reality :laugh: