Doggy men hierarchy

No matter what keepers rant on at you for ...saying " Stealing my bl**dy birds "etc ..Pheasants are wild birds and belong to no one .

On your property they become yours , so it is a really simple matter to catch up sufficient breeding stock from your own area.

It is advisable to put out and bait the catcher with wheat for a time beforehand.

A four foot square by two foot high cage with an opening one foot high and nine inches wide on each end which will allow the pheasant to move in and out freely while feeding on the grain.

After a suitable time of pre-baiting, wire netting funnels can be slipped into the open ends.

A sliding door in the roof will facilitate the removal of birds. These cages must be checked on a regular basis, i.e. (intervals of every 4 /6 hours) and the birds removed to avoid stress. Ideally this exercise should be completed by mid February to allow the birds to settle in and get acclimatised to their new living quarters.

:D

On your property they do not become 'yours' unless they are enclosed or dead! On your property you have the right to take them by legal means, but thats it. Wild is wild, no man can possibly 'own' a wild animal unless it's either enclosed or dead....Thats my take on it.....Anyone?

Ok then........if that was the way of thinking if the farm next door to me in the middle of the night 1 of the gates opened and all his sheep wandered onto my field surely i could close the gate and now they belong too me, right?..... :hmm:

I said earlier on that its a 'moral' view on how you go about poaching game birds that have had alot of time and money spent on them and also the fact that someones job couold be on the line too if the numbers dont add up at the end of the season.

If a dog catches 1 then its an accident......if you go out in the middle of the night and shoot roosting pheasants, whether to fill your pockets or do it cause your a little disrespectful b*****d then if you become a croper then you cant go crying about it.

unless the laws changed in the last few years you can encourage pheasants onto your land /property and kill them .nothing to do with sheep ,gates or any other crap.for someone thats in your business thought you would have known that .

At last, someone with the know how! :laugh:

:cheers:

Lab is still an apprentice.....:D

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know myself as l run both day and night and know the hare by day is a different animal during the day but what l don't get is why do they get all this RESPECT but every other animal that is hunting

no such thing as thieving a wild animal when there released there wild

Some of us put in a few years Trying to get a dog a to a good standard.Its the ones that write them off after a few month.I have no time for.

Posted Images

When they are enclosed they are classed as livestock. You can shoot a dog for running amock amongst a pheasant pen, the same as you would with a flock of sheep. Therefor taking birds from an enclosed area is theft. Once they are released they are wild and belong to no one.

As for dog men Hierarchy...there is none. I am at the top and everyone else is beneath me. :whistling:

FTB

thats a good point by the last poster,,,, most keepers try to draw birds from the naighbouring shoots on to there land,,, what about the morrals in this :thumbs:

of course keepers will say if there on our land there ours,, but again not very morral...... i have a keeper mate who shoots the deer coming to a pond hole on his land,, the deer come from the naighbours land... again you could argue, no morrals.

i live in a tiny village,,, theres a shoot here,,, good guys who i like. but birds often come on to my garden,,, only once usualy ;) no diffrence to drawing birds from the estate next door

No matter what keepers rant on at you for ...saying " Stealing my bl**dy birds "etc ..Pheasants are wild birds and belong to no one .

On your property they become yours , so it is a really simple matter to catch up sufficient breeding stock from your own area.

It is advisable to put out and bait the catcher with wheat for a time beforehand.

A four foot square by two foot high cage with an opening one foot high and nine inches wide on each end which will allow the pheasant to move in and out freely while feeding on the grain.

After a suitable time of pre-baiting, wire netting funnels can be slipped into the open ends.

A sliding door in the roof will facilitate the removal of birds. These cages must be checked on a regular basis, i.e. (intervals of every 4 /6 hours) and the birds removed to avoid stress. Ideally this exercise should be completed by mid February to allow the birds to settle in and get acclimatised to their new living quarters.

On your property they do not become 'yours' unless they are enclosed or dead! On your property you have the right to take them by legal means, but thats it. Wild is wild, no man can possibly 'own' a wild animal unless it's either enclosed or dead....Thats my take on it.....Anyone?

Ok then........if that was the way of thinking if the farm next door to me in the middle of the night 1 of the gates opened and all his sheep wandered onto my field surely i could close the gate and now they belong too me, right?..... :hmm:

I said earlier on that its a 'moral' view on how you go about poaching game birds that have had alot of time and money spent on them and also the fact that someones job couold be on the line too if the numbers dont add up at the end of the season.

If a dog catches 1 then its an accident......if you go out in the middle of the night and shoot roosting pheasants, whether to fill your pockets or do it cause your a little disrespectful b*****d then if you become a croper then you cant go crying about it.

unless the laws changed in the last few years you can encourage pheasants onto your land /property and kill them .nothing to do with sheep ,gates or any other crap.for someone thats in your business thought you would have known that .

please do not try and patronise me..... I know what I'm talking about..... Feeding neighbouring shoots birds whether legal or not on to yours is frowned upon in the shooting fraternity, you should know that if your in the industry!!!

If a pheasant is on my land, then I can shoot it, catch it, trap it. It does not need to be dead.

Owning, meaning "It belongs to a person/s" is a different ball game. Pheasants wonder as do cats, thats were the Theft Act comes into play if foul play is committed.

Trying to explain "Law" is very difficult, and there are many loop holes in each section and act. It takes years to learn it, and you never will learn it. Its impossible. You can read many books, and be told by many people what is what, but you need to put it into practise to see the "True" meaning of it all.

:victory:

Artic, that is not what i was saying. I was meaning you do not 'own' that pheasant if it is a wild bird. How can anyone know a wild animal/bird unless it is enclosed (release pens) or dead. You can only shoot the pheasant legally when in season even if it is on your land.

My question is this, do you 'own' a wild pheasant that is on your land? If so, how is that possible. :thumbs: .....Cheers....

No mate, you cannot being domestic stock into the arguement. In the case you highlighted you would have to ask for permission to retrieve your sheep, i believe.But i have been wrong before.

No mate, you cannot being domestic stock into the arguement. In the case you highlighted you would have to ask for permission to retrieve your sheep, i believe.But i have been wrong before.

I understand that, I used that as a scenario knowing fine well it can't be done legally but that is the problem with the legality of ownership of pheasants.

All I can say is it comes down to the type of person who decides to take another mans birds for the benefits of themselves.

If a pheasant is on my land, then I can shoot it, catch it, trap it. It does not need to be dead.

Owning, meaning "It belongs to a person/s" is a different ball game. Pheasants wonder as do cats, thats were the Theft Act comes into play if foul play is committed.

Trying to explain "Law" is very difficult, and there are many loop holes in each section and act. It takes years to learn it, and you never will learn it. Its impossible. You can read many books, and be told by many people what is what, but you need to put it into practise to see the "True" meaning of it all.

Artic, that is not what i was saying. I was meaning you do not 'own' that pheasant if it is a wild bird. How can anyone know a wild animal/bird unless it is enclosed (release pens) or dead. You can only shoot the pheasant legally when in season even if it is on your land.

My question is this, do you 'own' a wild pheasant that is on your land? If so, how is that possible. :thumbs: .....Cheers....

It's very hard to prove ownership of any "Wild Animal, Bird" Who owns that wild rabbit, hare, deer, pheasant? lol Even if the animal is dead, you find it hard to send home that someone "Owns" it.

The simple answer to this is, if you have permission to be on the said land, and the quarry/game you are shooting/running is within law and legal then you will be fine.

If you have travelled 10,20,30, 40 even 80 plus miles from home at day/ night time without permission and then get stopped and are found with pheasants, deer etc.... with a lurcher or two in the boot, then saying you found the deer on the road is :laugh: a good excuse will be needed. After all its dark and we all know the rule about deer and darkness. Also some may whack a slug in the beast and say they have shot it, again :laugh:.

That's a little off the subject, but needed to be said :thumbs:

Any man who steals a working mans livelihood is f*****g scum IMHO it would be no different from me stealing a chippies tools or a builders bricks all the bullshit about what they are worth when shot that has nowt to do with the keeper if there is no birds to shoot he takes the responsibility and nearly always will need a new job come february so well done to all the clever c**ts who like putting low paid hard working men on the dole I hope some one fucks with your job if you have one :thumbdown:

Any man who steals a working mans livelihood is f*****g scum IMHO it would be no different from me stealing a chippies tools or a builders bricks all the bullshit about what they are worth when shot that has nowt to do with the keeper if there is no birds to shoot he takes the responsibility and nearly always will need a new job come february so well done to all the clever c**ts who like putting

low paid hard working men on the dole I hope some one fucks with your job if you have one :thumbdown:

Well said Dan...........

It's very hard to prove ownership of any "Wild Animal, Bird" Who owns that wild rabbit, hare, deer, pheasant? lol Even if the animal is dead, you find it hard to send home that someone "Owns" it.

The simple answer to this is, if you have permission to be on the said land, and the quarry/game you are shooting/running is within law and legal then you will be fine.

If you have travelled 10,20,30, 40 even 80 plus miles from home at day/ night time without permission and then get stopped and are found with pheasants, deer etc.... with a lurcher or two in the boot, then saying you found the deer on the road is :laugh: a good excuse will be needed. After all its dark and we all know the rule about deer and darkness. Also some may whack a slug in the beast and say they have shot it, again :laugh:.

That's a little off the subject, but needed to be said :thumbs:

Artic, i think you may have missed the gist of what i am refering to. In the first quote you said

"On your property they become yours ", as to regards pheasants and i think that this may be incorrect.

Also i believe 'ownership' is technically impossible if an animal/bird is unenclosed. If the animal/bird is dead then it is the property of the person of whom has it in their possession. (if legally taken).

My firend has a farm about three miles away from here. There are a few roe deer in the young tree's, but he doesnt 'own' those deer, they are wild and incapable of being 'owned'. In this regard, if someone snuck on his land and killed one then it would not be theft, it would be poached. Although my farmer friend does not own the deer the minute he shoots one the law changes and he does own it. The dead deer can then be stolen and not poached. :angel:

What i am trying to say is, in my belief, that no one 'owns' a wild animal/bird, this is impossible to do in the eyes of the law. Am i correct in my thinking or have i got confused again? (it happens, old age and all that! :blink: )

Any man who steals a working mans livelihood is f*****g scum IMHO it would be no different from me stealing a chippies tools or a builders bricks all the bullshit about what they are worth when shot that has nowt to do with the keeper if there is no birds to shoot he takes the responsibility and nearly always will need a new job come february so well done to all the clever c**ts who like putting

low paid hard working men on the dole I hope some one fucks with your job if you have one :thumbdown:

Well said Dan...........

You don't half play the role of devils advocate real well :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Any man who steals a working mans livelihood is f*****g scum IMHO it would be no different from me stealing a chippies tools or a builders bricks all the bullshit about what they are worth when shot that has nowt to do with the keeper if there is no birds to shoot he takes the responsibility and nearly always will need a new job come february so well done to all the clever c**ts who like putting low paid hard working men on the dole I hope some one fucks with your job if you have one :thumbdown:

about time you turned up...... Lol

And baw I'm taking it you only read what suits you, I have replied to the posts aimed at me and think they are answered pretty well!!!