Blue Lakelands??

ive seen a lot of that line and not one of them wood i call completely blue my diggin mate has a blue and tan dog as well those lads call them fell terriers regardless of colour thier is one in dublin owned by a scum bag but thats another story and one not too far away from you i dug over all three brothers all very good dogs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

think hes onabout black an tan lakelands that have a lighter coat not as dark black. they look more grey/blue(blue an tan)

Blue Lakelands sounds like a dog dealers wet dream. FTB

theres no difference to be honest just a slighty lighter black an tan thats all they are, the black an tan dog i got looks slighty grey/blue when stripped out but i dont call him a blue an tan,

ive seen a lot of that line and not one of them wood i call completely blue my diggin mate has a blue and tan dog as well those lads call them fell terriers regardless of colour thier is one in dublin owned by a scum bag but thats another story and one not too far away from you i dug over all three brothers all very good dogs

Yeah GE kept a good line of terrier as long as i know him.He dug up here on one of his first times over with a couple of lads from athboy.He also had a dog called one eyed bob,seen him dug to and he was one hell of a dog.

Yeah GE kept a good line of terrier as long as i know him.He dug up here on one of his first times over with a couple of lads from athboy.He also had a dog called one eyed bob,seen him dug to and he was one hell of a dog.

yes never dug over one eyed bob heard good things about him do he still has some good dogs we lost one of his bitchs this year and i lost i young black and tan off her a month later both very game

I would love to know if he still has stuff with that old black.n.tan dog blood in them,Has he ever mentioned him to you,he was another top dog,big but could get to his game no bother.I put him across the BLUE.N.TAN bitch i had but she never held which was a pity as she was a good bitch.Im sure RK could arrange a field for the show,he has enough of them haha.

Didn't frank buck use blue dogs to eventually develop the black? I've seen blue patterdales - are they not a strain of lakeland? it's got to come from somewhere. I don't see how bedlingtons would have a monopoly on a color. Where'd they get it? I believe blue, like chocolate is a faded gene and can pop up.

Didn't frank buck use blue dogs to eventually develop the black? I've seen blue patterdales - are they not a strain of lakeland? it's got to come from somewhere. I don't see how bedlingtons would have a monopoly on a color. Where'd they get it? I believe blue, like chocolate is a faded gene and can pop up.

the bedlington is the oldest breed of the 3 of them-thats why people reckon blue came off them

About 25 years ago, a friend of mine had two lakelands from Mr Cowan of Cumbria.

These were old dogs, (I'm guessing at about 10 years old) They were given to him by Mr Cowan

and he was told they were from his "Blue" line. One of the old dogs had a bit of a top knot, I've no doubt this was

from having beddy blood.

stevie