Criminal Record

From the other side . . . Back in the '70s I was running my own business. A 19yr old lad came in, looking for a job. Any job, he had no special skills. He told me he was just out of Borstal - that was like Young Offenders nick in those far off days - 2 stretch for burglary. No-one would touch him with a 10 foot stick. He lived in the village, so I told him to come back the next day, and asked around. General opinion was he was a decent lad, easily led. He was screwing gaffs with a couple of older guys. When he came back I said he'd played it straight with me and I'd play straight with him, give him a fair crack of the whip, but if he ever f**ked me about he'd be out the door so fast he'd think his arse caught fire. Set him on as a gofer on the track, trained him on all the machines. He was one of my best blokes. Worked for me for 5 years and ended up as track foreman. Telling the truth told off for that lad.

Ric

not many gaffers like you still kicking about ,thats 1 story about ex cons turning good ,but majority says different and thats why its so hard 2 find work never with mind a criminal record over your head

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

crimanal records are for criminals

lying on too many forms will catch up with you, and bite you on the arse. Even if you have to be crb checked, and you have a record, explain your self, and your regrets in the interview. If its a lo

Heres a thought though You apply for a job, and don`t get it,, you are narrowly beaten to it by someone, who you later find out is a convicted criminal who lied about their background.   Shoe on ot

Posted Images

From the other side . . . Back in the '70s I was running my own business. A 19yr old lad came in, looking for a job. Any job, he had no special skills. He told me he was just out of Borstal - that was like Young Offenders nick in those far off days - 2 stretch for burglary. No-one would touch him with a 10 foot stick. He lived in the village, so I told him to come back the next day, and asked around. General opinion was he was a decent lad, easily led. He was screwing gaffs with a couple of older guys. When he came back I said he'd played it straight with me and I'd play straight with him, give him a fair crack of the whip, but if he ever f**ked me about he'd be out the door so fast he'd think his arse caught fire. Set him on as a gofer on the track, trained him on all the machines. He was one of my best blokes. Worked for me for 5 years and ended up as track foreman. Telling the truth told off for that lad.

Ric

It paid off for him because you are an open minded nice guy. All my employers have mainly been large international companies and they wouldn't even send a thanks but no thanks letter to someone with criminal convictions.

Already blackened your name by getting caught doing a crime, so why not do it even more damage by being tarred as a liar as well? You might get away with lying on the form but is that worth being found out and being known as a liar which would probably mean nobody will even look at giving you a job in your area again.

Why is it some people have to tell there life history on line.Its a bit sad.Oh bye the way at 4.30 today i had a piss.:laugh:

inside or outside? Had a few today myself but managed to make it indoors everytime :laugh::thumbs:

Why is it some people have to tell there life history on line.Its a bit sad.Oh bye the way at 4.30 today i had a piss.:laugh:

inside or outside? Had a few today myself but managed to make it indoors everytime :laugh::thumbs:

Yeah, i did a poo a few hours ago, the dog has done 3 today already :tongue2:

Yeah, i did a poo a few hours ago, the dog has done 3 today already :tongue2:

Just had another piss.Loged in at 21.39 :laugh:

In most cases the cv or application form will have unaccounted for gaps which would lead to questions.

I interviewed a guy once who's cv was irregular. I pushed him about it an he admitted to having spend time inside for interferring with his sisters kids "but it's alright SHE's forgiven me now" WTF......... :icon_eek:

Needless to say he didn't get the job as the factory lads woud have ensure he was welded to something had it ever come out??

Honesty is the best policy for me.....