who would he interested working whippets?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you know the Bitch is everything YOU want in a dog and the dog is a seasoned dog then go for it. End of the day if the Bitch has caught over 300 rabbits in this season its fair to say she is pretty

I would breed them if i was you and would not be worried about the age of the bitch with her being a pure whippet as one that proves itself catching rabbits at that age usually carries on doing so.I w

Posted Images

he said he got a bitch that is due in season soon she just had a workin season under her belt and he got 2 dogs already so he wants to breed off her now so there wont be another season to split them all up etc he says the bitch works and so does the potential sire it could be worse i bin thinking about a whippet as round me its small fields but i just dont know yet they look abit frail to me

Frail, rubbish, if reared on a shivering tit maybe, but these 2 are out in all weathers , never seen em shivering yet, and they do what they were born and bred to do

this one 20tts 29 pound and is out in all weathers and never shivers when out walking. also does wat she was bred for.post-52869-0-19955400-1302112852_thumb.jpg

he said he got a bitch that is due in season soon she just had a workin season under her belt and he got 2 dogs already so he wants to breed off her now so there wont be another season to split them all up etc he says the bitch works and so does the potential sire it could be worse i bin thinking about a whippet as round me its small fields but i just dont know yet they look abit frail to me

bradaz if you read it right hes wants to breed from the bitch,then have her spayed so that when she comes in to season/heat in December the colliex is knocking walls down to get to her :whistling:

Y.I.S Leeview

whats everyone going on about shivering for i dint mention frail as in shivering i meant it as frail so dont all start getting on at me saying i speak rubbish the land i run isn't nice little meadows its hill land with rocks about so i was just thinking about it running in to summat would it be able to handle a couple of knocks could its feet take it i got a small lurcher pup on at minute that hopefully will be fast enough short distance but that can also run long distance and leeview if he gets it spayed it wouldn't come in season would it? So line it now money off pups could pay to get it spayed im not sayin im right just how i read it......

whippets are whippets!!! just because they aint 28 inch tts and dont "smash" bigger game dont mean they dont belong in the field!!! they are quality little dogs who are top of their game imo its just some need a dog to add a few inches down below haha!!!! just dont ask stupid money for he pups mate a working bred pup shouldnt be anymore than the standard £150 regardless of breed,cross etc

How old is the bitch ?

Cheers.

Hi mate she just two years old. I know its a bit young but she has to be spayed before Dec and she proved all she has to for what I want the sire is nearly six and again when he was working proved himself at the job that was asked of him.

Cheers

Jonny.

Z

Ok guys just testing the water as I got to make a decision soon. My whippet bitch is due in season any dayu and I'm thinkin about lining her with an old dog of mine that I retired two years ago. She is 19 tts and very racey massive prey drive easy trained and had over 300 rabbits this season her first full one, he is 21 tts and a strong dog sooty Sam laguna lines and not afraid to tackle anything, I have always kept bitches but will be keeping dogs from here on. I want a pup out of her for myself before I have her spayed then there are no

Problems keeping her with the other dogs. Would none be interested in a pup would be ready around middle of august? Just asking so please serious comments only. :victory:

Just asking what is the rush in breeding her when she as just had the season under the belt????

She has shown me end of last season and the whole of this she has all I want in a ferreting dog and my old boy shows many of the same qualitys therefore I can breed from two dogs I know. I also have a six month Collie grey that will be used mainly lamping and bigger things. If I breed her know she can be spayed and come Dec when she has her next season I won't have a year old lurcher knocking walls down to get to her. I have a couple of people say they want a pup just wondered if anyone on here would be interested,not in it to make owt will just be asking for some help toward feeding worming etc.

Regards

Jonny

Are you sure you know what your doing :hmm: ? the bitch is n't that old having just had her first full season :thumbs: and if you do get her spayed there wont be another season

Y.I.S Leeview

First full season working mate. She's just two years old, she has to be spayed as ul only keeping dogs from now on and I keep em in the house now. I've had a few litters over the years and produced some good healthy dogs that have gone to good working homes. I know what I'm doing which is why I'm checking for interest before the mating takes place.

Regards

Jonny.

bradaz if you read it right hes wants to breed from the bitch,then have her spayed so that when she comes in to season/heat in December the colliex is knocking walls down to get to her :whistling:

Y.I.S Leeview

So he isn't knocking walls down to get to her, they living together which is why she will be spayed before he is mature. If I don't breed her now HER next season will be in Dec during the hunting season so she will not be bred then and would cause me problems with a year old Collie x in the house. Bit of common sense lads.

I

whippets are whippets!!! just because they aint 28 inch tts and dont "smash" bigger game dont mean they dont belong in the field!!! they are quality little dogs who are top of their game imo its just some need a dog to add a few inches down below haha!!!! just dont ask stupid money for he pups mate a working bred pup shouldnt be anymore than the standard £150 regardless of breed,cross etc

cheer mate, to be honest I was lookin more like 60 a pup just to cover feed and worming. Working homes more important. And to reply to the shivering some people talk about she was ferreting in the snow 5 days a week through the bad weather never looked like she don't want to go out. She been lamped on frozen ground and a lot of my permission very flint stuff on the wolds, never so much of a cut on her feet although she has a few battle scars from other stuff. She's absolutely game as a bag of peasants or I would just buy in. Two pups goin to friends I will keep one and any more as I said if ya interested pm me if not don't.

Regards

Jonny.

And ill get some pics up tom.

sounds like you are just breeding her because it's convenient for you.

You are so right mate probably best to wait till I don't want a pup and there arnt so many litters about then ill get more from them without it being convenient then I won't have as much time to put into them and that should make it a cracking litter. Thanks for the comment mate you really opened my eyes. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that.

Jonny :wallbash: might have a look around for a sire thats not all that good either and go tho whole hog and breed a full litter of messed up shite. What was I thinkin doin it while its convenient.....

Frail, rubbish, if reared on a shivering tit maybe, but these 2 are out in all weathers , never seen em shivering yet, and they do what they were born and bred to do

this one 20tts 29 pound and is out in all weathers and never shivers when out walking. also does wat she was bred for.post-52869-0-19955400-1302112852_thumb.jpg

Nice bitch that mate, very similar stamp to mine nice and racey, always up for it.