who would he interested working whippets?

I would breed them if i was you and would not be worried about the age of the bitch with her being a pure whippet as one that proves itself catching rabbits at that age usually carries on doing so.I wouldent take notice of anybody advising not to breed them if its wat you want to do at least your honest about the situation wich makes a change some times on here.

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you know the Bitch is everything YOU want in a dog and the dog is a seasoned dog then go for it. End of the day if the Bitch has caught over 300 rabbits in this season its fair to say she is pretty

I would breed them if i was you and would not be worried about the age of the bitch with her being a pure whippet as one that proves itself catching rabbits at that age usually carries on doing so.I w

Posted Images

sounds like you are just breeding her because it's convenient for you.

You are so right mate probably best to wait till I don't want a pup and there arnt so many litters about then ill get more from them without it being convenient then I won't have as much time to put into them and that should make it a cracking litter. Thanks for the comment mate you really opened my eyes. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that.

Jonny :wallbash: might have a look around for a sire thats not all that good either and go tho whole hog and breed a full litter of messed up shite. What was I thinkin doin it while its convenient.....

no bother mate, i read it as if you were getting her neutered to stop your pup knocking the kennel down when she comes into season in december, so therefor taking a litter of her before you do so( not because you want to but because you have to), sorry mate if i picked you up wrong :thumbs: atb with the litter.

Edited by jf1970

Ok guys just testing the water as I got to make a decision soon. My whippet bitch is due in season any day and I'm thinkin about lining her with an old dog of mine that I retired two years ago. She is 19 tts and very racey massive prey drive easy trained and had over 300 rabbits this season her first full one, he is 21 tts and a strong dog sooty Sam laguna lines and not afraid to tackle anything, I have always kept bitches but will be keeping dogs from here on. I want a pup out of her for myself before I have her spayed then there are no

Problems keeping her with the other dogs. Would none be interested in a pup would be ready around middle of august? Just asking so please serious comments only. :victory:

Good luck mate if you breed but whippets at the moment seem popular amongst the peddlars. theres loads of shite been bred at the moment out of dogs that are lacking in ability.. :thumbs:

sounds like you are just breeding her because it's convenient for you.

You are so right mate probably best to wait till I don't want a pup and there arnt so many litters about then ill get more from them without it being convenient then I won't have as much time to put into them and that should make it a cracking litter. Thanks for the comment mate you really opened my eyes. Can't believe I hadn't thought of that.

Jonny :wallbash: might have a look around for a sire thats not all that good either and go tho whole hog and breed a full litter of messed up shite. What was I thinkin doin it while its convenient.....

no bother mate, i read it as if you were getting her neutered to stop your pup knocking the kennel down when she comes into season in december, so therefor taking a litter of her before you do so( not because you want to but because you have to), sorry mate if i picked you up wrong :thumbs: atb with the litter.

Cheers mate, was always goin to breed her at some point but the arrival of new pup and him being a dog made it have to be sooner rather than later. Yis jonny.

he said he got a bitch that is due in season soon she just had a workin season under her belt and he got 2 dogs already so he wants to breed off her now so there wont be another season to split them all up etc he says the bitch works and so does the potential sire it could be worse i bin thinking about a whippet as round me its small fields but i just dont know yet they look abit frail to me

If you get the right one, they are as tough and muscular as many dogs, pound for pound. Mine is certainly less 'frail' sometimes than some sal x's. :thumbs: And i run him on some land that would break many dogs to pieces.

is their not some kind of injection stop them coming into season ?save all the hassle of bitch been out of work for a period of time ,risk her being not able 2 work proberly again after been spaded ,i,m speaking from personaly experinece my bitch has never been the same since ,imo i would get the injection

is their not some kind of injection stop them coming into season ?save all the hassle of bitch been out of work for a period of time ,risk her being not able 2 work proberly again after been spaded ,i,m speaking from personaly experinece my bitch has never been the same since ,imo i would get the injection

Apparenty the injection can cause problems as well mate.

just heard about it whats the risk or problems ?

Personally never had any problems with a bitch that's spayed young. And she can have plenty of rest as I will just be gettin my Collie x started early in the season so she can start when she's ready and well rested.

Personally never had any problems with a bitch that's spayed young. And she can have plenty of rest as I will just be gettin my Collie x started early in the season so she can start when she's ready and well rested.

i know this not in all cases, i got mine done a 6yrs and rested for months now i finded realy difficult 2 keep her fit her drive and grit still she just has,nt got the gears or as much stamina that she had ,i do,nt no if i give 2 much rest or what ,just trying 2 give you a different option,atb with the litter :thumbs:

Edited by rocky1

he said he got a bitch that is due in season soon she just had a workin season under her belt and he got 2 dogs already so he wants to breed off her now so there wont be another season to split them all up etc he says the bitch works and so does the potential sire it could be worse i bin thinking about a whippet as round me its small fields but i just dont know yet they look abit frail to me

Frail, rubbish, if reared on a shivering tit maybe, but these 2 are out in all weathers , never seen em shivering yet, and they do what they were born and bred to do

this one 20tts 29 pound and is out in all weathers and never shivers when out walking. also does wat she was bred for.post-52869-0-19955400-1302112852_thumb.jpg

Nice bitch that mate, very similar stamp to mine nice and racey, always up for it.

cheers mate, she s the same up for owt but i just run her on the bunnies . ive had similar problems with her come into season in december just when she was getting going so thinking of getting her spey soon cos nowt worse than having a dog you cant run bang in middle of season. and fair play to you on that price if i was looking for another dog id be very interested atb sesku