who would he interested working whippets?

Ok guys just testing the water as I got to make a decision soon. My whippet bitch is due in season any day and I'm thinkin about lining her with an old dog of mine that I retired two years ago. She is 19 tts and very racey massive prey drive easy trained and had over 300 rabbits this season her first full one, he is 21 tts and a strong dog sooty Sam laguna lines and not afraid to tackle anything, I have always kept bitches but will be keeping dogs from here on. I want a pup out of her for myself before I have her spayed then there are no

Problems keeping her with the other dogs. Would none be interested in a pup would be ready around middle of august? Just asking so please serious comments only. :victory:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you know the Bitch is everything YOU want in a dog and the dog is a seasoned dog then go for it. End of the day if the Bitch has caught over 300 rabbits in this season its fair to say she is pretty

I would breed them if i was you and would not be worried about the age of the bitch with her being a pure whippet as one that proves itself catching rabbits at that age usually carries on doing so.I w

Posted Images

Ok guys just testing the water as I got to make a decision soon. My whippet bitch is due in season any day and I'm thinkin about lining her with an old dog of mine that I retired two years ago. She is 19 tts and very racey massive prey drive easy trained and had over 300 rabbits this season her first full one, he is 21 tts and a strong dog sooty Sam laguna lines and not afraid to tackle anything, I have always kept bitches but will be keeping dogs from here on. I want a pup out of her for myself before I have her spayed then there are no

Problems keeping her with the other dogs. Would none be interested in a pup would be ready around middle of august? Just asking so please serious comments only. :victory:

Just asking what is the rush in breeding her when she as just had the season under the belt????

Z

Just asking what is the rush in breeding her when she as just had the season under the belt????

She has shown me end of last season and the whole of this she has all I want in a ferreting dog and my old boy shows many of the same qualitys therefore I can breed from two dogs I know. I also have a six month Collie grey that will be used mainly lamping and bigger things. If I breed her know she can be spayed and come Dec when she has her next season I won't have a year old lurcher knocking walls down to get to her. I have a couple of people say they want a pup just wondered if anyone on here would be interested,not in it to make owt will just be asking for some help toward feeding worming etc.

Regards

Jonny

Z

She has shown me end of last season and the whole of this she has all I want in a ferreting dog and my old boy shows many of the same qualitys therefore I can breed from two dogs I know. I also have a six month Collie grey that will be used mainly lamping and bigger things. If I breed her know she can be spayed and come Dec when she has her next season I won't have a year old lurcher knocking walls down to get to her. I have a couple of people say they want a pup just wondered if anyone on here would be interested,not in it to make owt will just be asking for some help toward feeding worming etc.

Regards

Jonny

Are you sure you know what your doing :hmm: ? the bitch is n't that old having just had her first full season :thumbs: and if you do get her spayed there wont be another season

Y.I.S Leeview

he said he got a bitch that is due in season soon she just had a workin season under her belt and he got 2 dogs already so he wants to breed off her now so there wont be another season to split them all up etc he says the bitch works and so does the potential sire it could be worse i bin thinking about a whippet as round me its small fields but i just dont know yet they look abit frail to me

I would not rush into breeding, if you go on the Working Whippet Forum, there are a few Litters about, some just born, and some more planned.unless you have something special, you may be pushed to find working homes,

unless you have already got a few inquires.

he said he got a bitch that is due in season soon she just had a workin season under her belt and he got 2 dogs already so he wants to breed off her now so there wont be another season to split them all up etc he says the bitch works and so does the potential sire it could be worse i bin thinking about a whippet as round me its small fields but i just dont know yet they look abit frail to me

Frail, rubbish, if reared on a shivering tit maybe, but these 2 are out in all weathers , never seen em shivering yet, and they do what they were born and bred to do

post-59960-0-29146100-1302104448_thumb.jpg

Edited by iworkwhippets

If you know the Bitch is everything YOU want in a dog and the dog is a seasoned dog then go for it. End of the day if the Bitch has caught over 300 rabbits in this season its fair to say she is pretty good at the game and cant really do much more can she? Your dogs have only got to prove themselves to you not people on a website who no nothing about them and will never see them so f**k what they think! Good luck whatever you decide fella

• Like 1

just gave a coursing whippet to a friend he was 14 month 22in lovly lookin dog not my cup of tea thro just breed ya bitch its got jack sh.t to do with folk if she add 300 rabbits this season :thumbs: how many so called season dogs av done better or half come to that ?????????????