Just had a thought about adverts. Dont they just bloody annoy you. Would you pay more on your tv license to get rid of adverts on ITV, channel 4,sky etc. I know I bloody would, and if you want to watch adverts then watch the shopping channels. I understand that TV companies bring in millions from adverts but hey I can dream can't I? Adverts are the bane of my life.

ATB Mike

I had the tv license man round yesterday. I saw him coming so i hid the tv in the cupboard.

He stood at the front door and asked to see my tv...i said "I dont have one!".......he pointed to my roof and said "Whats that then?".....i said "An ariel!!!".....he said "Well then?"

I took him into the kitchen and opened the fridge and said "whats that?"....he said "a pint of milk"........i said "Correct, but av not got a f*****g cow, now beat it!!!!!!"..... :whistling:

:laugh:

I had the tv license man round yesterday. I saw him coming so i hid the tv in the cupboard.

He stood at the front door and asked to see my tv...i said "I dont have one!".......he pointed to my roof and said "Whats that then?".....i said "An ariel!!!".....he said "Well then?"

I took him into the kitchen and opened the fridge and said "whats that?"....he said "a pint of milk"........i said "Correct, but av not got a f*****g cow, now beat it!!!!!!"..... :whistling:

its true ,, the old jokes are the best :D

Just had a thought about adverts. Dont they just bloody annoy you. Would you pay more on your tv license to get rid of adverts on ITV, channel 4,sky etc. I know I bloody would, and if you want to watch adverts then watch the shopping channels. I understand that TV companies bring in millions from adverts but hey I can dream can't I? Adverts are the bane of my life.

ATB Mike

Ironically, the TV license was so you wouldn't have adverts!

The TV license was for the BBC channels, to fund better TV in brighter sunnier climates free from advertising.

IF the BBC had breaks and adverts, we shouldn't need a license.

Obviously that will never happen as it is now a good source of taxation... :wallbash:

How did a media company get soo powerful?

The TVLA/bbc have no right to enter your home! if you have door open and they step in just tell them to f**k off! even if you have a tv you don't have to pay them! if they ask have you got a tv just say yes now f**k off ya c**t as its for gaming/dvd's!

I've never had a tv license since i left home 12 years ago! if your gonna watch tv, IE bbc itv just turn the blinds round the other way! the hand held detecters can only tell if you have a tv switched on!

ANYONE WHO PAYS THEM SCUM ARE FOOLS!