SHOWING PROMISE

Took the young bullx out with the greyhound last night as she starting to show an interest in things that move and even though she only just turned 7 months yesterday she is very fast for a half cross. Anyway didnt go out to run them on anything just see what was about and get her used to the lamp as i always used to take my other pup my sal/bull/grey but shes laid up with a broken leg. So got to the place where i know there is a few rabbits but you onloy get the one slip so seen the rabbit that was going to run them on slipped them and they had a good run and the rabbit ran well and deserved to survive but it wasnt about catching just let her see the craic. After the run you could see that she just came alive anyway put them both on the lead and headed out of the place whee i was onto a big playing field when i walked through there was a rabbit sitting about thirty metres away from a line of trees.Quickly i take the dogs leads off and hold there collars and shone the lamp and the rabbit squatted the grey ran straight at it and the pup followed but the grey has never had one sit so tight like this as he even mouthed it and it didnt move so went a metre or so past it with the puip next to him thinking what was going on lol all of a sudden the rabbit bolts for the cover and i call the dogs just in time for them to see it was alive and prey but it hit the cover the both went in after it but the grey went through the thin line of trees thinking it would come out the other side but th pup luckily went to the spot where it ran and hid. It was squatting in the cover when storm the pup sniffed it out and the rabbit made a run for it with the pup hot on her heels and before the rabbit could get 20 metres from cover she whipped it up. It isnt just the fact that she caught it im happy its the fact that she showed no hesitation and picked it straight up so she off to a good start i will carry on with her training as she needs it as she f****d off with the rabbit and wouldnt let no one get close to her until she had ate some of it but that can be worked on but couldnt put something like prey drive in so heres to next season and hope her and the other pup can run together as a good team :thumbs:

7 months very early to be doing much of anything id take it steady you may ruin it before it starts jmo

it was a perfect oppurtunity to let her have a go yes some pups would be too young to do it but i know my dogs inside out mate :thumbs: its the first time she really been out to see anything at night and i like to let them know what its like to be out at night not out to play and what not as most of the time she been taken for excercise at night but nights getting shortr so want to get her in the mindset of nighttime is huntingtime lol it will be a good few weeks at least before i let her run again now as i seen that she wants it and not just showing interest if you get what im saying and theynot gonna learn alot in kennel mate but thats just my opinion i like them to get used used to running at night and things like that :thumbs:

but understand your point mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

am not gettin arsey mate or patronising but how many pups have you had? and how many bullx pups have you had?

bullx pups have got that confidence that is in them naturaly but is easily lost hence why you see so many sold on here around the 10 months to 18months old im not saying all but most of im assuming got enterd to early and had there duck knocked off but as you said its your dog :thumbs:

this is just one of the many times ive seen it done sticks in my head i gave a pup to a man in his 40,s a friend of a friend was suppoed to be an experienced dog man this was back in early 2000,s before the ban the pup was 8 month old nice big strong dog forward an confident he rings me up "this pup is somethin special blah blah blah it took a fox doubled up with my other dog" my reply was are you right in the head or what? long story short few weeks down the line hed got rid of the dog an tried to tell me it was no good an the breeding wasnt right you can imagin what i said needless to say were not on speaking terms.

i know its different kind of quarry different dog but dont want it to have the same ending atb bog :thumbs:

• Like 1