Hancock Dogs What Do You Think  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Hancock Dogs What Do You Think

• Good
    • Shite
    • Never Had One

Abit of a vague poll I think

why is that mate

Just think there is no answer really, some are will be god, some will be bad and I doubt everyone who has voted in the 'good' or 'shit' section has had one of his dogs.

I do know someone with one and shes a nice dog, he says shes a exelent ferreting dog and ok on the lamp but I have never actually seen it work though. She is quite timid, nto really nervous though.

Im really temped to go up there and actually see the conditions the pups are in there, but knowing me I would leave with a pup :icon_redface::laugh:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Eamon.Mc

Just out of interest, I've never had or never will have one of these dogs, not because I think they're shite but because we have good running dogs here in Ireland. My question is this, people are here saying that he breeds good ones and others are saying he does'nt, now it says there he's 75 yrs old, and now his daughter is taking over "the buisness" as it looks like to me, so how are these dogs that are used for breeding worked? Are they bred worker to worker?? It does'nt seem like it by reading any threads on these dogs, what are all your views on breeding worker to worker? Or does it not matter to yous? This question is not meant for an argument I'm only asking yous for your opinions.

well eamon the one hancock lurcher i had is the only dog i've had that wasn't worker to worker and thats the way it'll stay.

It would be very interesting to know just how many of the people that respond to posts regarding hancock have actually owned one of his dogs, do a poll on the guys that actually owned one!!!

Night shadow, nothing the bloke could do would ever change Hancock phobia, most of his critics have bugger all first hand knowledge of the dogs he breeds, they just spout off the same old crap they heard off their mates, as i showed on my thread on this issue other than about three people who put on factual responses all the negative response was totally regurgitated tripe. Dont like the blokes business accumen, pally with plummer,his yards a shithole, dont like his beard,etc infinitum,but still nothing that shows catagorically why the dogs themselves should be forever ridiculed.

I had a3/4 grey x border out of Chuckles ,he was a biddable dog took rabbir,hare and fox,had a very soft mouth and I used him to the gun,he was a good marker ,had a fine nose andwas pretty easy to live with ,though he was very hyper for the first year,Hancocks plaxe was pretty much an eyesore,sheep skulls and rusty corrugated tin everywhere,I understand its been refurbished ,it could certainly do with it,I had no complaints about my dog ,I got him at 8 weeks and never regretted it,he was a nice looking animal and did well at shows ,not that thats my thing,but it meant his conformation was ok.Ive seen some good ones and some not so good.Inan

well eamon the one hancock lurcher i had is the only dog i've had that wasn't worker to worker and thats the way it'll stay.

It would be very interesting to know just how many of the people that respond to posts regarding hancock have actually owned one of his dogs, do a poll on the guys that actually owned one!!!

Mace would that not be better to do a poll asking, who has Hancock dogs blood in there dogs''

over the last 16 years i have had two hancock dogs and never had any trouble with them both easy to train you only get out what you put in i wonder all the people who slate them how many have had one? i will be having an other when it is time so i rate them :good:

Never owend one, so put just that.

But, have seen one work a wee while, ( an old mates dog, for 2 years), seemed good on the lamp and diging for foxes, but also a bit accident prone at times. :whistle:

Frank.

Edited by Frank

I think your all pathetic!! Why does anyone feel the need to pull someone to bits when 99% of you have never met the man or his dogs.

Ive never met himeither as a matter if fact.

Im a bullx man myself but a see the use in all/most lurcher crosses!

Theres enough shitty back stabing in the world with out bring it into a hunting forum. Its ment to be a place we can come together with a love of the sport and put the shit of the outside world behind us.

I just think its sad!!

I think your all pathetic!! Why does anyone feel the need to pull someone to bits when 99% of you have never met the man or his dogs.

Ive never met himeither as a matter if fact.

Im a bullx man myself but a see the use in all/most lurcher crosses!

Theres enough shitty back stabing in the world with out bring it into a hunting forum. Its ment to be a place we can come together with a love of the sport and put the shit of the outside world behind us.

I just think its sad!!

I have never owned a hancock bred dog and i dont have any opinion on the man or his dogs.....however if someone on the forum was considering buying one why not start a poll ? this way you get many peoples opinions, good or bad and you can always take,by the content of the post, what ever the hell you like from that poll.

i dont think this poll was set up for back stabbing or at least i would hope not :wacko:

be cool ! B)

Guest world.hunters

Thats Correct mate this was not started for back stabbing and all that shit

i just wanted to see other people view on his dogs and at the moment as [bANNED TEXT] can see the poll is neck and neck... so why dont more people talk about what they have seen good in these dogs as there is oviously members out there who like them. but they seem to just vote on the poll and not comment.........

cheers lads