INTERNET FORUMS AND HUNTING

who is a toff? :blink: if people on here could behave like adults instead of silly kids and keep the talk to dogs instead of arguing it would give a better image of hunting people. they see us as barbaric idiots some of the posts on here no wonder! if by like minded you mean people who like to argue about hunting then yeah the site does do that :wallbash:

Your opening question is proof you aren't intelligent enough to know when someone is talking to you, so yes, people like yourself do show us up as idiots :thumbs:

As for the forum, I don't think the public know it exists. Its easy to think the world revolves around something you do but alas it doesn't. As for the antis, who seriously gives a f**k? I'm more concerned about them coming on here and reading about hunting folk being worried about them than I am about any petty arguments they read. Don't give them any credit, they aren't worthy of it.

Very good points and I suppose you can look at it that way.

I think it annoys genuine dogmen/hunters more to see their sport dragged through the sh1te than it will to anyone else.

:thumbs:

FTB

I agree with you but thats always been the case mate. We all know idiots in the real world who let the team down. How many farms do you know who will shoot your dog on sight because of clowns? i'm more concerned about them than the clowns on here to be honest. The good thing about youtube and digital cameras etc, is that no c**t believes what they see anymore. The antis can copy what they like off here, take photos of what they like, but the impact isn't there. As I said, I'm more concerned about clowns driving through fences, attacking farmers, giving us a bad name..... these are the clowns that are doing REAL harm rather than some pish stain on here.

Very well put mate.

It's those that affect you on a personal level that really matter.

Those that are shitting on their doorstep and making life difficult that piss us off.

Agree 100%

FTB

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your opening question is proof you aren't intelligent enough to know when someone is talking to you, so yes, people like yourself do show us up as idiots   As for the forum, I don't think the publi

just ban stewie.

Same.   I'm not sure, your probably right, but i don't think most of them actually think about it, unless its rubbed in their face. I work with some folk from the city and while they may not be into

harmfull in my opinion ,and will be the downfall of hunting in the end.How many lads on here have been raided and dogs seized because of the stuff the posted on here and other sites.Dont get me wrong i enjoy the bit of banter and crack with a few funny fcukers on here and i love reading the stories of days out

who is a toff? :blink: if people on here could behave like adults instead of silly kids and keep the talk to dogs instead of arguing it would give a better image of hunting people. they see us as barbaric idiots some of the posts on here no wonder! if by like minded you mean people who like to argue about hunting then yeah the site does do that :wallbash:

Your opening question is proof you aren't intelligent enough to know when someone is talking to you, so yes, people like yourself do show us up as idiots :thumbs:

As for the forum, I don't think the public know it exists. Its easy to think the world revolves around something you do but alas it doesn't. As for the antis, who seriously gives a f**k? I'm more concerned about them coming on here and reading about hunting folk being worried about them than I am about any petty arguments they read. Don't give them any credit, they aren't worthy of it.

what was that saying mate??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

on the site its defo done more harm than good :yes: its ok going on about people posting stupid shit on it but if the site wasnt there in the first place then they couldnt!! saying that i enjoy it on here and met some good friends through it but thats not the point in question here :thumbs: :thumbs: it was probably setup with the right intentions but its a failure now to many non-hunters police, antis and rspca know about it and monitor it, maybe its ran it course and should be shutdown???? :thumbs: :thumbs:

What's the worry if peeps are looking after their dogs and obeying the law?

hello mate i think you would be amazed at how much the general public know about shooting forums and indeed this one...i have not been a member a long time like some on here and only found out about this one (The Hunting Life)when a mate whom is not a shooter told me about it...he typed into his browser forums as he is a model maker (Richard Pendell)to see what was about.

paul

what was that saying mate??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

on the site its defo done more harm than good :yes: its ok going on about people posting stupid shit on it but if the site wasnt there in the first place then they couldnt!! saying that i enjoy it on here and met some good friends through it but thats not the point in question here :thumbs: :thumbs: it was probably setup with the right intentions but its a failure now to many non-hunters police, antis and rspca know about it and monitor it, maybe its ran it course and should be shutdown???? :thumbs: :thumbs:

What's the worry if peeps are looking after their dogs and obeying the law?

thats easy to say pal but just cause you put pre ban in the sentence doesnt always wash with people.Pictures can be manipulated even if it was game bird protection etc.You might post a pic of a terrier with a dead fox that was dug beside a bird pen and the dog might be a bit sore but when the antis or rspca get their hands on it they certainly wont show any bird pen ,just the sore dog

There is two sides to every coin, hunting forums tend to bring like minded folks together, start relationships and maybe families, meet and make life long friends,

gain insight into skills which may have been alluding us,

sharing our sport with each other, and generally get to know all kinds and types of hunting and not just what we are interested in ourselves,

Negatives, are some people need to big up their images, by stating facts which may be detrimental to our sport, of what they may or may not have got upto...

numpties seem to be overcrowding such sites, but I've been thinking some of it may be anti initiated to start bickering within the forum,

Snap.

hello mate i think you would be amazed at how much the general public know about shooting forums and indeed this one...i have not been a member a long time like some on here and only found out about this one (The Hunting Life)when a mate whom is not a shooter told me about it...he typed into his browser forums as he is a model maker (Richard Pendell)to see what was about.

paul

Your probably right, joe public will stumble in here through a google search. But the majority of the public dont hunt which usually means they don't like hunting. This also means they don't know the laws in it and would find the art of putting a living animal down a burrow to chase another animal out as barbaric as badger baiting. What I'm basically saying is, if you start pandering to these people, where does it end? If they had their way, we wouldn't be allowed to do the limited amount of hunting we do the now. Just keep within the law and enjoy what limited hunting we have left. :thumbs:

If folk could take responsibility for what they post there wouldn't be an issue, its the shell suit wearing gimps who can't string a sentence together without trying to show the world how "special" they are, Ian is a mate and has produced the best hunting site on the internet, shame it has attracted some folk who would of been better if there mums had swallowed them on the night in question................

If folk could take responsibility for what they post there wouldn't be an issue, its the shell suit wearing gimps who can't string a sentence together without trying to show the world how "special" they are, Ian is a mate and has produced the best hunting site on the internet, shame it has attracted some folk who would of been better if there mums had swallowed them on the night in question................

:laugh: Thats f*****g brilliant, I really did laugh out loud mate, well done :toast::toast::toast:

The net and forums have definatly had a hand in making it all more public, but you can't blame a forum for the cretins that post on it, same as you can't blame the hunting community in general for the cretins that see themselves as part of it. Sadly many on the outside do. I think one of the things that has caused us problems is the 'each to their own, sort yourself out and ignore the rest', we should police our sport. But then again, as nice an idea as that is, it isn't ever going to work.

As has been said earlier today its retarded when folk say 'lighten up its only the internet'. . . . .what do you mean by 'only'. . . . .. it's 'only' the largest used communication and information trafficking method in the whole world, visible to EVERYONE.

Also where does the idea that if folk don't hunt, they don't like hunting. I know shit tons of people who have never hunted in their lives, but are very happy and supportive of it, as part of our heritage, tradition etc. These folk, quite rightly deplore pointless or needless cruelty, and have little time for thugs. It's these kind of folk who's minds are changed, who say 'well i'm all for it. . . . in theory, but now. . . .well, the types you get. . .etc etc etc'.

The world isn't HUNTERS vs ANTIS.

Most folk are neither, but still they dont like what is obviously needless suffering.