closed season

Ive been fancying a bit of lure with my Sal.

He is only 10 mnths at moment, so hasnt done anything tidy as yet obviously!

Shows potential and turns well.

Loves to chase, (And be chased)

So if anyone in my area uses one and dont mind a novice having a go, or fancies lettin Aladding tag along one day with their experienced dog, would appreciate it big time.

Seen some good posts on here about Lures, look easy enough to make dont they?

just take mine out as normal n running around with springer's, she'll be in the rivers swimming, then take her for a few runs on the lure,

only thing you have to watch for is the heat, so long walks tend to be shit hot 1st thing, or very last thing at night!

and if rabbits are getting out of hand a few runs on lamp!

Edited by graham4877

wats the best way to keep ur dog in gud shape during the closed season any tips

since when has there been a closed season for rabbits!! :hmm:

when there bellied up ...maybe its an unwritten rule ..but its good to ease of em abit ...unless you have a pure saluki that can only catch bellied up bunnies .. :kiss:

when there bellied up ...maybe its an unwritten rule ..but its good to ease of em abit ...unless you have a pure saluki that can only catch bellied up bunnies .. :kiss:

i must be doing it all wrong ,,f.kin hell ive been catching bunnies with running dogs for over 40 years all year round,, and there is a closed season eh.. well you learn something every day ,, real glad you told me that , :thumbs:

i must be doing it all wrong ,,f.kin hell ive been catching bunnies with running dogs for over 40 years all year round,, and there is a closed season eh.. well you learn something every day ,, real glad you told me that , :thumbs:

no probs ..glad i could help someone whos been doing it for forty years..whats the old saying ..you learn somthing new everyday... :D