Problem members

I think there needs to be a clear definition of what a ...problem member ...is , theres a danger that argmentive ,opinionated people could be put in this catagory ,when as long as there is no abuse or threats , they can be amongst the more interesting members , there also the risk of losing the good natured banter if we get too P.C about it . ATB :thumbs:

Banters fine, constructive criticism, a laugh, opinions etc are fine in my eyes,

Blatant racism, abuse, threats, 'I'm right, your wrong' attitude etc not fine in my eyes.

Joe

Blatent racism ! that would half the membership in a stroke , constructive critisism ,can also mean different things to different members , theres one member on here who takes a hissy fit if you even dream about constructively critisising anything he posts , I,m not disagreeing with you , but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water

:thumbs:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: I want to have your babies Stan :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not really into pubs, to many people with TALES in the pub You might be into standing in a pub chattin s*it sorry thats not me. The pubs obviously not enough for you because you come on here chattin s

I may be speaking out of turn here, im sure i'll be told if i am, but there seem to be a record number of idiots on here at the moment, mainly in the lurcher section. I love this site and have learnt

When this forum started quite a few years ago, it was nothing like it is now. Older members will remember the old Moocher/EDRD forum days. This forum was a good place, with good knowledgeable members,

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think there needs to be a clear definition of what a ...problem member ...is , theres a danger that argmentive ,opinionated people could be put in this catagory ,when as long as there is no abuse or threats , they can be amongst the more interesting members , there also the risk of losing the good natured banter if we get too P.C about it . ATB :thumbs:

Banters fine, constructive criticism, a laugh, opinions etc are fine in my eyes,

Blatant racism, abuse, threats, 'I'm right, your wrong' attitude etc not fine in my eyes.

Joe

Blatent racism ! that would half the membership in a stroke , constructive critisism ,can also mean different things to different members , theres one member on here who takes a hissy fit if you even dream about constructively critisising anything he posts , I,m not disagreeing with you , but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: I want to have your babies Stan :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Now thers your archtypal,definative ...problem member..

• Like 1

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Joe

Now thers your archtypal,definative ...problem member..

:laugh: :kiss:

Joe

I disagree. As much as I hate racism I value freedom of speech more. Most of the racists on here just end up showing how retarded they are anyway. However due to UK laws some racism may well have to be removed if it could be considered as inciting racial hatred because that could get the site admin arrested and and charged and the site shut down in a worst case scenario.

Threats of violence and abuse should both be instant bans though.

Good thread, ive posted enough rubish on this site in the past and on reflection i wouldnt behave that way in a public place so i shouldnt here, i wouldnt let my wife on this site.

If people realise this is a public place then maybe the manners will improve, those who werent brought up with any will be booted and that should be that.

Sorry to anyone offended by any of my posts.

Yours in sport Dougie

• Like 1

The simple solution is put the site back to the day when you could only join using an e mail address from your service provider.. I had hells own game getting on here for that reason :laugh:

Once Ian allowed any old e mail addy to be used banned people simply created a new e mail account using the free ones which is what they do now ..

Just my penny worth :laugh:

• Like 1

Good thread, ive posted enough rubish on this site in the past and on reflection i wouldnt behave that way in a public place so i shouldnt here, i wouldnt let my wife on this site.

If people realise this is a public place then maybe the manners will improve, those who werent brought up with any will be booted and that should be that.

Sorry to anyone offended by any of my posts.

Yours in sport Dougie

It,s posts like this that give me hope that maybe oneday Baw and Lab will see the light and repent. :thumbs:

Can it please be made easier to put up pictures,just spent two hours trying to get 3 pictures from photo bucket on to here.Had to email them to my self in the end.At least once a month theres a topic on here asking how to do it,But i couldnt find anything pinned :duh:

just to echo what Mr Darcy has said .....use the "report" button

that way we can deal with it.........because we can't read every single post !!!!

thank you

sean

the report button is located on each and every post.......bottom left :thumbs:

what did you do or say that got you deleted? the fact your back so soon shows the site is not secure enough :laugh:

not alot really mate just called ians mate john keswick a bellend for his grassing comments lol!!! f**k it tho knowing im not wanted on here just makes me laugh dog5.gifdog5.gif

Lets not lie, it's less what you say sometimes mate but the way you say it. When you say 'grassing' do you mean admitting that many folk who run dogs are in fact bell ends who are f*****g it up for us all? Good to see you back anyhow. :thumbs:

Thing with the report button, etc is that although most of the time it works, it's also used by plenty to 'report' folk they just dont like, agree with etc. I got banned for a week by a certain mod for trying to 'swap a live animal' - what the post actually said was, we have rescued two pups, cleaned them up, jabbed them etc, and one is free to a good working home, but would like a night out lamping or day ferreting with the person first (on our permission even) just to suss them out. Apparently i was trying to swap dogs for lamping???? SO it's down to the discretion of the mod - who has their own friends and folk they dislike. You remember all that fuss over buttermilk - she did some very harsh stuff, but cos she was pretty and friendly with certain key people, she could do what she liked and anyone who had a dig was threatened with a ban. . . . . .

she got sussed out in the end though people like that allways do if someones a trouble maker they will come back under another name and start causing trouble again if there genuine they would come back and apologise or explain things and sort it out like an adult

in all fairness though ideation stew will debate his opinion and when hes wrong hell put his hand up and admit it there far worse people posting than him if were honest :thumbs:

100% mate.

I just reckon he might have a slightly easier time if he debated with a few less insults! Nowt wrong with healthy disagreement, i'm a proper argumentative b*****d, just insults over the internet are a bit sad.

• Like 2