waterford hound terrier lucher show

Good show today lads .I think everyone expected the terrier judge to pick out small black smooth dog or bitch .Well he didnt ,it was a russell type dog that a couple of us had picked out of its class also .And we tought it was a good choice in the terrier final too....

But that was only our thinking on it

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tell us more what did you expect looking in the ring without laying a hand on a dog --- truthfull if you where truthfull you`d have posted under your normal user name instead of coming on as a newbie

yes i have you now jimmy dont know about me drinking 30 pints of porter but i sure will give it a good go the saturday night before the show

was prob a valid point you made truthfull but the new user name was a bit childish if you ve something too say just say it as i said we all have are opinions weather we be judges or paying public and

good show today lads, well done to salmon and the lads, well run show

.. Pa

thought show was very over rated today salmon, expected a whole lot more from brian nutall, alot of his so called winners wer poor calls, hope u sort a better judge next yr

theres always one

you wont get a better judge of working terrier :thumbs:

.. Pa

thought show was very over rated today salmon, expected a whole lot more from brian nutall, alot of his so called winners wer poor calls, hope u sort a better judge next yr

tell us more what did you expect looking in the ring without laying a hand on a dog --- truthfull if you where truthfull you`d have posted under your normal user name instead of coming on as a newbie .... a better judge for next yr you do it ..

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 2

Looksd like Truthful rushed home ,set up a new user name and tried to

slate guys who put their own time and effort to put a show together ,

All credit has to be given to the lads who run and organize these events ,

maybe the judges doesn,t suit everybody but remember they are picking their preference

and style of the working terrier they believe should win on the day .

maybe the judges doesn,t suit everybody but remember they are picking their preference

:thumbs:

Good doo lads.

exactly ..

.. Pa

tell us more what did you expect looking in the ring without laying a hand on a dog --- truthfull if you where truthfull you`d have posted under your normal user name instead of coming on as a newbie .... a better judge for next yr you do it ..

im just being trutful about [bANNED TEXT] i saw stigma, like it or lump it, and iguess u will b doin the later and mush for brains mush man, theres no need for abusive words at me, i wasnt at u Edited by truthfull

.. Pa

im just being trutful about [bANNED TEXT] i saw stigma, like it or lump it, and iguess u will b doin the later and mush for brains mush man, theres no need for abusive words at me, i wasnt at u

?? what -- you still hav`nt explained what it was you saw -- if your outside the ropes its a differant story to being in them and handling dogs -- we can all be experts outside the ring but like or lump you whr on the outside --- :tongue2:

.. Pa

im just being trutful about [bANNED TEXT] i saw stigma, like it or lump it, and iguess u will b doin the later and mush for brains mush man, theres no need for abusive words at me, i wasnt at u

?? what -- you still hav`nt explained what it was you saw -- if your outside the ropes its a differant story to being in them and handling dogs -- we can all be experts outside the ring but like or lump you whr on the outside --- :tongue2:

i saw alot of rush, went through them to quick, looked like he had his mind made up before he put his hand to a dog, pure joke
Guest dee mac

.. Pa

i saw alot of rush, went through them to quick, looked like he had his mind made up before he put his hand to a dog, pure joke

everyman has an opinion weather you like it or not whats one mans meat another mans poision so you cant slate judges in my opinion for picking the type of dog they prefare there judging it so its there decision there was one point made there that he did nt even look at some dogs or even put his hand on them and when you pay your money least the judge can do is have a look and judge the dog for what it is so maybe a valid enough point as for the organisers fair play as a lot of time an effort goes into running these shows and as always there s a bit of banter and craic too be had and long may it continue altho i would of probably enjoyed it a little bit more if i had nt of had a stinking hangover but boys will be boys :laugh: ps the dog that won it outright was spot on deserved winner and a nice terrier in good condition :thumbs:

.. Pa

everyman has an opinion weather you like it or not whats one mans meat another mans poision so you cant slate judges in my opinion for picking the type of dog they prefare there judging it so its there decision there was one point made there that he did nt even look at some dogs or even put his hand on them and when you pay your money least the judge can do is have a look and judge the dog for what it is so maybe a valid enough point as for the organisers fair play as a lot of time an effort goes into running these shows and as always there s a bit of banter and craic too be had and long may it continue altho i would of probably enjoyed it a little bit more if i had nt of had a stinking hangover but boys will be boys :laugh: ps the dog that won it outright was spot on deserved winner and a nice terrier in good condition :thumbs:

glad to see someone has the balls to say they can see where im coming from, bravo dee

Guest dee mac

.. Pa

glad to see someone has the balls to say they can see where im coming from, bravo dee

was prob a valid point you made truthfull but the new user name was a bit childish if you ve something too say just say it as i said we all have are opinions weather we be judges or paying public and if you feel strongly about it then you should be man enough too stand by your statement not having a go just saying it as i see it :thumbs:
  • Like 1

.. Pa

you should have said more in your opening post if its right what dee mac says about not laying hands on certain dogs then thats out of order in my view ... judged shows myself and you do get a feel for em just by watching them walk round the ring i do spend a bit of time on each dog i get them to walk round twice handle each dog get them to walk to and from then round again pick 5 for my line up then 3 from the 5 each dog no matter how bad gets the same amount of time ..all judges are differant i`ve called it a day now but i dont think i`ve had any complaints and like to think i`ve been fair .. judgeing and putting shows on is a thank less task and i take my hat off to anyone that does it ...

Edited by the_stig

.. Pa

great show lads well done were u at the [bANNED TEXT] show truthfull