Is there a reason why

i seen a vet remove a microchip is around 30 secs :blink:

I seen a guy getting beheaded in under 5 seconds.....and your point is??? :tongue2: Surely you need to know where the micro chip is to remove it?

point is, i seen it done once an would feel very comfotable dane it meself...........

other than a skin graft. or laser surgery, can ye take a tattoo away :laugh:

ye where ever the tattoo is just chop that part of his body of

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen a guy getting beheaded in under 5 seconds.....and your point is??? :tongue2: Surely you need to know where the micro chip is to remove it?

point is, i seen it done once an would feel very comfotable dane it meself...........

You can deface it though. It's all pish against the wind to be honest. If someone steals your dog unless they keep it in your area, you ain't gonna find it again. Look at the natural markings a dog has and it disappears once stolen, you really believe a tattoo is gonna make a blind bit of difference?

Same as born hunter says. The people who run bigger quarry and loose their dogs, do not want the police tracing it back to them so people tend not to do it.

ATB Mike

how often do you think that happens.if there more bothered by the police, than their dogs getting lost i dont think they would consider a chip anyway.

Same as born hunter says. The people who run bigger quarry and loose their dogs, do not want the police tracing it back to them so people tend not to do it.

ATB Mike

how often do you think that happens.if there more bothered by the police, than their dogs getting lost i dont think they would consider a chip anyway.

Well said Al, every c**t has lost their dogs at some point and your gonna do everything to find them. Lets not forget here lads, owning a lurcher isn't a crime!!! A dog getting loose isn't a crime!!! Some folk think they are walking about with loaded weapons lol....

You can deface it though. It's all pish against the wind to be honest. If someone steals your dog unless they keep it in your area, you ain't gonna find it again. Look at the natural markings a dog has and it disappears once stolen, you really believe a tattoo is gonna make a blind bit of difference?

no i dont lol but the thread asks why micro chipppin aint working.....

dogs are the same as everything these days, if a theif wants it an has a market to sell it, they will get it if they really want it :thumbs:

no i dont lol but the thread asks why micro chipppin aint working.....

dogs are the same as everything these days, if a theif wants it an has a market to sell it, they will get it if they really want it :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Can't remember who posted on page 2 about micro-chips not proving ownership THEY DO mate :thumbs: Same as Tattoo's prove ownership.

If you want a dog micro-chipped or tattoo'd the dog has to be checked over first to make sure it hasn't already been marked/chipped (and possibly with an owner looking for it). If no chip or tatt then you can get it done in a matter of minutes, in case you haven't realised yet IF THE ANIMAL ISN'T ALREADY AND THE THIEF GETS IT DONE AND REGISTERED TO HIM/HER THEN IT BECOMES THIER PROPERTY :wallbash:

Can't remember who posted on page 2 about micro-chips not proving ownership THEY DO mate :thumbs: Same as Tattoo's prove ownership.

If you want a dog micro-chipped or tattoo'd the dog has to be checked over first to make sure it hasn't already been marked/chipped (and possibly with an owner looking for it). If no chip or tatt then you can get it done in a matter of minutes, in case you haven't realised yet IF THE ANIMAL ISN'T ALREADY AND THE THIEF GETS IT DONE AND REGISTERED TO HIM/HER THEN IT BECOMES THIER PROPERTY :wallbash:

It's their property anyhow if they have the dog :blink: Have you got dogs? If you have and you think micro chips wont get your dog stolen, leave the kennel open and post your address on here.... I'll bet you don't get them back!!!

I Agree that Chipping is a good thing to do, and that tattooing is probably even better,

But how many of you have been asked to prove ownership of your dog...

I.E. You go to a new vets or any vets and you have to register your dogs with them and they have your

address,

have they then gone on to scan your dog, to confirm that you are the owner.....??

Someone i know had a cat for around 10 years, the cat addopted her and just stayed,

She in turn looked after it and took it to the vets, when it was ill and for jabs and such like,

then just by chance it was scanned for a chip, and it did have one...!!! 10 YEARS AFTER IT HAD GONE MISSING....

And lets face it if your dog shows signs of work and it ends up in a arse p.c.a. kennells then theirs very little chance you`d get the dog back anyway....

On the plus side, i found a very tidy looking young lakeland terrier a couple of years back, I went to the local dog kennels had it scanned and left my number with them for the owners to contact me....

They did and came and collected their terrier, they offered a small reward but i refused their offer...

Instead i said when you get the dog going, give us a bell and i`ll be happy to come and have a dig with em.. {Still havn`t heard from the feckers}

Mars...

It's their property anyhow if they have the dog :blink: Have you got dogs? If you have and you think micro chips wont get your dog stolen, leave the kennel open and post your address on here.... I'll bet you don't get them back!!!

I have dogs and had one stolen in a burglary 12 years ago, at the time i had them all tattoo'd but they took the pup on the day he was being tattoo'd so it hadn't been done.

I had the Police there when a bunch of lads stood outside with my pup on a lead, the Police went outside to speak to them but then told me as they had the dog and i had no proof it was mine they could keep it :censored: I never got that dog back.

Since then all my dogs get chipped the day i get them as it does prove you own the dog, the Police would get it scanned and my details would be on the database saying it was my dog.

Go check with your local Police or ring your Vet and they'll tell you the same thing :thumbs:

I have dogs and had one stolen in a burglary 12 years ago, at the time i had them all tattoo'd but they took the pup on the day he was being tattoo'd so it hadn't been done.

I had the Police there when a bunch of lads stood outside with my pup on a lead, the Police went outside to speak to them but then told me as they had the dog and i had no proof it was mine they could keep it :censored: I never got that dog back.

Since then all my dogs get chipped the day i get them as it does prove you own the dog, the Police would get it scanned and my details would be on the database saying it was my dog.

Go check with your local Police or ring your Vet and they'll tell you the same thing :thumbs:

I'm sure they will but lets face it mate, the example you give isn't exactly run of the mill. As the above post says, my dog has been to the vets umpteen times and I've NEVER had a dog scanned. I've took mates dogs to the vets for them, still no scan, so who does this scanning? Seems to me the only folk doing it is kennels and the chances of a stolen working dog making it here are remote. Each to their own, if you feel more secure with it then batter in. :thumbs:

I know vets don't check for chips or tatts and that is bad, if you asked them to chip a dog though then they have to scan it first to make sure it hasn't already got one.

Various dog charities and organisations are pushing for all dogs to be identifiable by law, if this happens then vets would have to scan any dog when it's registered with them for it's first visit or vaccination. They want all breeders to be responsible for having pups chipped before they go to thier new homes whether they are pedigree, crosses or accidents.

It's one way of cutting down on the strays filling the shelters and also maybe deterring to thieves.

I know vets don't check for chips or tatts and that is bad, if you asked them to chip a dog though then they have to scan it first to make sure it hasn't already got one.

Various dog charities and organisations are pushing for all dogs to be identifiable by law, if this happens then vets would have to scan any dog when it's registered with them for it's first visit or vaccination. They want all breeders to be responsible for having pups chipped before they go to thier new homes whether they are pedigree, crosses or accidents.

It's one way of cutting down on the strays filling the shelters and also maybe deterring to thieves.

So we are hoping the RSPCA push to get our dogs scanned? :blink:

Microchips are NOT proof of ownership. The provide a method of identification, nothing more.