• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No offence mate but he really hasn't got the look of a worker, still good to see em tho

put this pic up a few times but here it is again mate

Posted Images

My two bitches on a fox drive a couple of years ago. Mother and daughter.

The older one - oddly enough, the one with the darker muzzle - was put down 18 months ago due to cancer.

Both spannable with a knuckle to spare. The taller bitch is 12&1/2"

Hunting011.jpg

The apprentice is coming along nicely.

Hyperactive on rabbits and mice, goes to ground nicely. Bays foxes, but is not hard.... so far.

About 8mo when this pic was taken. 11&1/2" Spannable with a knuckle and a bit to spare.

IMG_1366.jpg

• Like 1

My two bitches on a fox drive a couple of years ago. Mother and daughter.

The older one - oddly enough, the one with the darker muzzle - was put down 18 months ago due to cancer.

Both spannable with a knuckle to spare. The taller bitch is 12&1/2"

Hunting011.jpg

The apprentice is coming along nicely.

Hyperactive on rabbits and mice, goes to ground nicely. Bays foxes, but is not hard.... so far.

About 8mo when this pic was taken. 11&1/2" Spannable with a knuckle and a bit to spare.

IMG_1366.jpg

you have some nice dogs pal would like to hear more of your hunting exploits from your part of the world looks like your from oz or new zealand ?? would love to hunt some of the stuff your get to go at cheers for posting hope to hear from you again in near future :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thankyou, Sir!

Compliments on a man's dogs are always appreciated.

The fox drive in question is an annual affair that takes place a couple of hours west of here on plains country. It was a drought year - one of four - aas can be seen by the patchy state of the young crop in the background. The drive itself was conducted along timbered creeklines and through scrub or cane-grass swamps. Beaters with terriers and running dogs, and the line of shooters across the far ends. A very pleasant and social exercise.

.... and sometimes fairly productive, although the tally in the pic below was augmented by several spotlighting crews. You'd refer t it as "lamping", methinks.

LastHunt2.jpg

• Like 1

Thankyou, Sir!

The fox drive in question is an annual affair that takes place a couple of hours west of here on plains country. It was a drought year - one of four - aas can be seen by the patchy state of the young crop in the background. The drive itself was conducted along timbered creeklines and through scrub or cane-grass swamps. Beaters with terriers and running dogs, and the line of shooters across the far ends. A very pleasant and social exercise.

.... and sometimes fairly productive, although the tally in the pic below was augmented by several spotlighting crews. You'd refer t it as "lamping", methinks.

LastHunt2.jpg

jesus an i thought i`d killed some foxs in my time lol what was the tally by the way ?? and how were they taken if you dont mind me asking ?? cheers atb old timer :thumbs:

Thankyou, Sir!

LastHunt2.jpg

now thats what i call a fox drive'''' :thumbs:... ATB..B

Guest blitz

Thankyou, Sir!

LastHunt2.jpg

now thats what i call a fox drive'''' :thumbs:... ATB..B

i,ll 2nd that.. :toast::thumbs:

That was the best drive I've been on. It had been a good season all around and we were driving the rice stubbles. We were trying to make a point - that we could make a sizeable dent in the local fox population - so it was a mixture of drives conducted over Saturday and Sunday, and some very keen spotlighting teams working Fri and Sat nights. The ultimate tally was in excess of 80 foxes, some hares and a couple of feral cats.

The local MP put up a prize for the most successful shooter and participated himself... he's the balding gentleman in the blue jacket standing near the centre. One way to get our photos in the newspapers. Part of the issue then at hand was to convince the State Government that the management of hunting was best placed in the hands of a council of stakeholders, of which hunting organisations made up 50% This has been achieved, although some of the desired outcomes are still "under development".

NSW Game Council.

this is my old little dog he had a hart of a loin but he wandered into a yard full of greyhounds while out bushing and they destroyed him.losing him hit me and the kids hard they loved that little dog

was with sean the other day was only telling me about that story sorry to hear it happened