mastif x greyhounds anyone breed then work one ?

hi has any one ever bred owned or worked a mastif cross greyhound ?

i know all about alaunts etc , i was more thinking cane corso x grey , am bull x grew , pressa x or maybe bourdoux .

i know this will probably privoke negative responce from some , its just a question .

id like one for yard dog/guard dog/ hunting . but i dont think il ever breed a litter as i think you would have a hell of a time shifting pups .

i know the lads in oz breed stuff like this . i reckon they would be the shit on our own wild boar !!

pics would be good .

ps iv seen an old southern white ambull x grew that was a mistake mating and the pups went straight to rescue . i saw one of the bitchs at over 2 years old and she looked realy good and more racey than i had expected . they where am bull bitch to grew sire !!

you cant do f**k all not even have a drink and a cig ............!!!!

yeah but maybe flush um to guns ha ha :gunsmilie:

i cant beleave nobodys ever bred um ?

A few folk have but the fact that they aren't popular says something, i.e there are better crosses out there, there is nothing that another cross couldn't do that one of these can. As for boar, yep its illegal and if it wasn't are there enough to warrent keeping a dog for them..............

As you mentioned, you saw a litter in a rescue centre, probably were most would end up............

my mates got am bull x greyhound ridgeback she only young but she a nice big racy bitch but dont know how she works i know she likes hares and deer though but her dad was meant to have sold for 2k to ireland or summat dont know how true this is but i dint hear it off the lad with the bitch either

thanks for the replys lads . a side from legality with hunting .

i have been round pressas cane corsos ambulls you name it and hunted with some of them and dont for a moment dought gamnest on brittish quarry . cane corsos from the right line maybe imported lines are game as f**k and hunt boar in italy , the right ambulls are also good stuf .

this might be the thing with british dog lads unless someone with a name breeds it , nobody will listen . if plummers alaunt can find working homes and graft then why not someone elses version of a similar animal ?

id like to think im a better dog man than plummer !! and a simple first cross would on paper look to be a racier animal thana bull greyhound cross bull mastif ( a breed that havent worked in generations) over a new world imported mastif of know working pedigree . like a pressa or cane corso .

im not saying they would be the answer to any given working situation just an alternative to whats on offer .

just another point pit bulls are ilegal and known crosses in the uk , with out a licence or castration and registry with police ! so why not look to non banned breeds ? you could have a big bang on red rednose bourdoux cross that is 100% ligal to own and do as you please with .

nothing is black and white .

its mad that mr plummer can breed similar animals and although not thought of as much of a dog man by many his dogs go on to be like owned and worked (rightly so) but an un known mans animals are nothing more than rescue animals . :thumbdown:

also iv been round proper fast lane pit bulls in years gone by and although im sure lots of bullx lurchers come from them loads dont and the "bull" part is just crossed up staff blood with other mollosar influence .

I HAVE ALREADY POSTED THIS PHOTOGRAPH OF MASTIFF TYPES IN ACTION. WHAT CROSSING SUCH DOG`S WOULD BRING TO A LURCHER IN THE PRESENT POLITICAL/MEDIA CLIMATE I DO NOT SEE. ALREADY WE HAVE PROVEN BULL CROSSES IF U REQUIRE A DOG WITH MORE "SPICE".:thumbs: 2009_0618ROMESAMSUNGWB50007.jpg