Cleaning up a dog

Whats the best stuff for cleaning up a terrier after its hard a hard time on its quarry ... im using salty water and tcp at the moment but next season when shes going more i want to be prepared for any eventually what should i keep in me medicine cabinet ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the best stuff for cleaning up a terrier after its hard a hard time on its quarry ... im using salty water and tcp at the moment but next season when shes going more i want to be prepared for any eventually what should i keep in me medicine cabinet ?

try Veterinary Wound Powder from the vets or any good pet shop, its worked wonders for my dogs. always jab em up to be safe

I use Dettol to clean them up (1 cap to half a pint of water), and if they need it I will give them some Metacam (Which is a pain killer and an anti Inflammatory) on the first day, leave them a day, then clean again and give them a second dose (If I think they need it) and they've always been fine.

Don't forget to wash the dogs eyes out properly as well, it's important you do.

thanks for the help lads is that purple spray terramycin that farmers use on ewes and cattle...? as for penecillin thats gonna be severly hard to get thanks for the help i always make sure i wash her eyes and ive been fortunate she hasnt took a pasting yet :D

Whats the best stuff for cleaning up a terrier after its hard a hard time on its quarry ... im using salty water and tcp at the moment but next season when shes going more i want to be prepared for any eventually what should i keep in me medicine cabinet ?betadine spray asap usually stops infection :thumbs:

thanks for the help lads is that purple spray terramycin that farmers use on ewes and cattle...? as for penecillin thats gonna be severly hard to get thanks for the help i always make sure i wash her eyes and ive been fortunate she hasnt took a pasting yet :D

Just normal clean water will do for cleaning their eyes out, or even an eye wash from the chemist if you don't mind paying for it.