pictures of my deerhound/greyhound

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright lads   here are the latest photos of my Deerhound Greyhound that i kept from the last litter. As you can see she is coming on great even though she was the smallest and weakest in the litte

Never seen a smooth first cross deerhound x greyhound yet..but anythings possible I suppose Mrs Rileys Gos was a powerhouse of a dog, but not a first cross..that breeding tree in the book is made up

Posted Images

nice one trevor she s coming on great,

i'll invite you up this end when wallace is ready or if not quite ready one of your older dogs

we'll put a few up to test ya dog/dogs

keep in touch

lee

davey mine is turning broken and her terrier drop ears have gone to the side of her head

you can tell the breeding now by old pics of doxhope/cooklands

post-42286-0-85653300-1300822377_thumb.jpg

how tall is she trev?

my bitch is turnig rougth coated now at 6 months.

Do you get a higher percentage of black first crosses than brindles? my bitch is brindle but most iv seen on here are black.

no mate they are normally born black then start to get lighter then go brindle or blue but this litter as stopped black the dam was a white i no the pups are always black but for the nine to look like peas in a pod is uncanny

Is this usual that a whole litter of first cross come out smooth coated I have seen 3 pups out of this litter now and all look smooth ? I have a dog out of knights errant so does chartpolski on here and that litter were all rough why or how does this happen many thanks Davey she looks good mate

To be honest Davey bruces coat was breaking 2-3 weeks ago also steel-silver/grey hairs are starting to appear in his coat,and on his muzzle. ATB TREV W.

First cross Deer/Greys are often smooth until they are a year old, then their coats come. I was once told that it is possible to get a smooth first cross, but only very rarely, one pup in sixteen litters, for example. There is a dog called Gos in Frank Sheardown's book Lurchers and Longdogs which was supposed to be a first cross, and that was smooth: a rarity.

out with my deerhound ist x off mr cook

she's 20" tts and doing well had her with me checking my traps for magpies and got her to mouth feather

you can tell how well she s growing looking back in the old topics when i took shots of her near the bench in the garden

post-42286-0-94832600-1300952356_thumb.jpg

post-42286-0-58884600-1300952397_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...