Is this Legal ?

Here's how it's proofed.

Factory makes said moderator or more likely a whole crate full.

Sends them to Birmingham

Returned from Birmingham to the Factory

Put into box

Sold.

That is how you would get factory fresh proofed, or is that too stupidly simple to be true in this world of red tape.

That isn't really the issue or debate, they are Proofed by putting them on a FAC tool and firing them, that then turns the Mod into a FAC tool! Even if they are sample batch tested that would still make them FAC.

So, the question is, can you buy a proofed mod off ticket, as far as I'm aware the answer is no! :hmm::hmm:

As I said in the other thread

Even proofed mods are not firearms until you fit it to your gun.

They can be bought off ticket but require to be on ticket when you fit it to the rifle.

You don`t even need an FAC to buy a mod, but if you hav no FAC with a slot for it, then you commit an offence when you fit it to a rifle.

ATB

You may be correct, but, please advise where you can buy a PROOFED mod off ticket.

To get proof a mod has been fitted to a FAC tool, it therefore technically becomes a FAC tool and can only be sold on ticket. That is my understanding.

Please tell me where that is wrong.

Cheers

Mods can be supplied proofed from brand new,proofed at the factory and then sold unused and new. I got mine on e-bay (wildcat P8 £50 with the insert brand new)

Came from a wholesale dealer who was not an RFD. My local RFD put it on my ticket for me. So they are available.

ATB

Ok, you may be correct but I still don't get it, the FACTORY is in no position to proof them, only London or Birmingham proof houses can do that in England!

So, seeing as Wildcat are English how does that work?

And What insert in a P8 Brand new at £50?

Cheers

hi dont know who told you only proofing in england is done at birmingham proof house...any RFD who has the facility to build test rifles has the ability to proof said item...so for example if border barrels build a rifle for some one and that person wants a mod on it depending on the calibre they build the rifle fit the mod load up a slightly bigger than normal load shoot the rifle if all is ok they stamp the rifle and the mod...most if not all builder of firearms can do this...mine does and did.

paul

As I said in the other thread

Even proofed mods are not firearms until you fit it to your gun.

They can be bought off ticket but require to be on ticket when you fit it to the rifle.

You don`t even need an FAC to buy a mod, but if you hav no FAC with a slot for it, then you commit an offence when you fit it to a rifle.

ATB

You may be correct, but, please advise where you can buy a PROOFED mod off ticket.

To get proof a mod has been fitted to a FAC tool, it therefore technically becomes a FAC tool and can only be sold on ticket. That is my understanding.

Please tell me where that is wrong.

Cheers

Mods can be supplied proofed from brand new,proofed at the factory and then sold unused and new. I got mine on e-bay (wildcat P8 £50 with the insert brand new)

Came from a wholesale dealer who was not an RFD. My local RFD put it on my ticket for me. So they are available.

ATB

Ok, you may be correct but I still don't get it, the FACTORY is in no position to proof them, only London or Birmingham proof houses can do that in England!

So, seeing as Wildcat are English how does that work?

And What insert in a P8 Brand new at £50?

Cheers

hi dont know who told you only proofing in england is done at birmingham proof house...any RFD who has the facility to build test rifles has the ability to proof said item...so for example if border barrels build a rifle for some one and that person wants a mod on it depending on the calibre they build the rifle fit the mod load up a slightly bigger than normal load shoot the rifle if all is ok they stamp the rifle and the mod...most if not all builder of firearms can do this...mine does and did.

paul

There are 2 proof houses in England, they are Birmingham and London, NODODY else in England can Officially proof your gun!

Anybody can check/test your gun and put whatever mark they want on it, that is NOT Official Proof!

Edited by Deker

Anybody can check/test your gun and put whatever mark they want on it

Only in as far as the mark does not attempt to imitate an official proof mark.

When an RFD or gunsmith says they will proof the gun, what they mean is that they will send it to one of the proof houses for proving.