new to horses

well ive all fancied the thought of going across the moors hunting with the dogs on horseback but ive never had much time and have never rode horses so i finally went and got lessons ,had my 1st one today took the kids we all enjoyed it and are going once a week maybe twice a week after we get used to it.

how is your backside this morning, aching? hehe

Best advice i can give and the advice that was given to me as a kid "you arn't a proper rider till youve fallen off and got straight back on again atleast 10 times"

If you don't already i urge you to wear a body protector, alot are uncomfy, but my body protector saved me from being in a wheelchair

Best advice i can give and the advice that was given to me as a kid "you arn't a proper rider till youve fallen off and got straight back on again atleast 10 times"

If you don't already i urge you to wear a body protector, alot are uncomfy, but my body protector saved me from being in a wheelchair

Ye I think your right my kids loved it ill give it a couple of weeks and then get all the gear .its a said o/d height on top of that horse lol.

Ye I think your right my kids loved it ill give it a couple of weeks and then get all the gear .its a said o/d height on top of that horse lol.

I know, the equiptment is expensive but worth it....if you want a comfy bodyprotector go for a racesafe one they are brilliant. Anouther tip is always have your arms covered, i once was on my way back from a show and just had a thin short sleave shirt, the horse spooked and sent my flying going skidding across tarmac and got a large rock stuck in my elbow....if only i had worn a long sleeve t-shirt i would have avoided the gravel rash lol

well ive all fancied the thought of going across the moors hunting with the dogs on horseback but ive never had much time and have never rode horses so i finally went and got lessons ,had my 1st one today took the kids we all enjoyed it and are going once a week maybe twice a week after we get used to it.

Congratulations, may you long enjoy riding and the love of a good horse.

• 1 month later...

Hi mate what school did you use as its something that im very interested to learn aswell i live pretty much on dartmoor and most of the ones iv looked into arnt school just like day trips out and that, and is it expensive

Hi mate what school did you use as its something that im very interested to learn aswell i live pretty much on dartmoor and most of the ones iv looked into arnt school just like day trips out and that, and is it expensive

Here are a few in Exeter, Cant say how good they are as its many years since i learnt to ride but I know Hill top is very good in an old fashioned way and charge about £11.00 for half hour private. Upton Pyne is good with all the mod cons and the hunt meets there, they also have the terrier shows there as it is such a big place. Good luck.

Hill top riding School in Exeter. 01392 251 370

Oaklands Exeter 01392 272 105

Upton Pyne Equestrian Centre 01392 851 931

Hitts Barton 01404822335

Guest alcapone

well at least you,ll be able to out run them nasty old cows now with out holding you lamping partners hand pmpl :signthankspin::haha::haha::haha::haha: