AULD FIRM PREDICTIONS

i would also like to add that

celtic reserves v rangers reserves a few yr ago was the 3rd highest attendance at any ground in britain that week.

reserves 30,000 plus.

name me a team any where that gets 30,000 to a reserve game?

james

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha tae fecking ha,i see all the whinging has started about how pish the selic were today...cant help but laugh yer ass off at great unwashed thinking they had the treble all but sown up...not so fecki

i hear hes commin back........on the crest of a wave, boom boom, ill get me coat.

i dont like this topic anymore im starting to agree with celtic fans lol

Posted Images

i dont like this topic anymore im starting to agree with celtic fans lollaugh.giflaugh.gifnotworthy.gif

You turning john......god bless you!!!...... :whistling:

i am a celtic fan,and i think both celtic and rangers have bigger support bases than any club in the world,big statement i agree.

can i prove it not realistically,but i'll have a little stab at it.

celtic and rangers regularly get 50,000 plus in there stadiums playing in scotland i.e motherwell/hamilton/hibs/hearts.

celtic and rangers getting entry to the epl could both build 100,000 seater stadiums and fill it regular : ie man u/chelsea/liverpool/west ham etc etc..

celtic seville eufa cup estimated 100,000 fans

rangers manchester eufa cup estimated 250,000 fans

name me 2 clubs in the world that would have taken so many fans to the eufa cup final ?

in my opinion there isnt a club in the world outside the old firm who could take such a crowd to a game.

yours in sport

james.

Now its just getting silly :doh: .....what you are not taking into account,is in London alone there is around 10 big football clubs to choose from.....theres only 2 big clubs in the whole of Scotland !!..... Manchester is an area of what 20 square miles,theres 2 huge clubs.....we can all sit and reel off how many people go to football but theres a lot your not taking into account.....

I,ll give you Arsenal as an example,seeing as im constantly bombarded with Arsenal stats :wallbash: ....Arsenal consistently get 60,000 attendances,week in week out regardless of the opposition,Arsenal is also THE highest ticket prices club for club in British football including season tickets.....Arsenal also have a 40,000 WAITING LIST for season tickets !!.......Do you see Arsenal fans saying they are the biggest club in the world ?....

So we are now to believe Rangers/Celtic are better supported than Barcelona/Real Madrid/Man Utd/Arsenal on a world scale ?....

As for your belief that Celtic - Rangers reserves drew the third highest crowd of the day in British football,what was it a sunday night kick off :blink: .....on a saturday aftenoon virtually every club in the premiership draw 30,000,even some championship sides......the big thing you are failing to take into account is the simple fact that there are only 2 clubs in Scotland......if there were only 2 clubs in London do you not think they could fill their grounds 3 times over !

Edited by gnasher16

i am a celtic fan,and i think both celtic and rangers have bigger support bases than any club in the world,big statement i agree.

celtic and rangers regularly get 50,000 plus in there stadiums playing in scotland i.e motherwell/hamilton/hibs/hearts.

celtic and rangers getting entry to the epl could both build 100,000 seater stadiums and fill it regular : ie man u/chelsea/liverpool/west ham etc etc..

name me 2 clubs in the world that would have taken so many fans to the eufa cup final ?

in my opinion there isnt a club in the world outside the old firm who could take such a crowd to a game.

yours in sport

james.

Now its just getting silly :doh: .....what you are not taking into account,is in London alone there is around 10 big football clubs to choose from.....theres only 2 big clubs in the whole of Scotland !!..... Manchester is an area of what 20 square miles,theres 2 huge clubs.....we can all sit and reel off how many people go to football but theres a lot your not taking into account.....

I,ll give you Arsenal as an example,seeing as im constantly bombarded with Arsenal stats :wallbash: ....Arsenal consistently get 60,000 attendances,week in week out regardless of the opposition,Arsenal is also THE highest ticket prices club for club in British football including season tickets.....Arsenal also have a 40,000 WAITING LIST for season tickets !!.......Do you see Arsenal fans saying they are the biggest club in the world ?....

So we are now to believe Rangers/Celtic are better supported than Barcelona/Real Madrid/Man Utd/Arsenal on a world scale ?....

As for your belief that Celtic - Rangers reserves drew the third highest crowd of the day in British football,what was it a sunday night kick off :blink: .....on a saturday aftenoon virtually every club in the premiership draw 30,000,even some championship sides......the big thing you are failing to take into account is the simple fact that there are only 2 clubs in Scotland......if there were only 2 clubs in London do you not think they could fill their grounds 3 times over !

you say london and arsenal,doesnt london have more of a population than scotand ?

celtic v rangers reserves that whole weekend was the 3rd highest attendance in britain fact......

and you still havent answered my initial question name me 2 teams who could get suppport in excess of 100,000 or close to 250,000.

my answer to that question is yes...

who else can you name that would attract such a big crowd ?even tho 80% of those fans never had tickets and knew they would only be going for a party and to show support for their club on a massive scale...

name me a club in the world and i would call you a liar....simples

James, where did you get your figures mate? I'm not denying that the old firm are massively supported, but official estimates for rangers fans in Manchester were 100,000. A huge number, but also a huge difference from the 1/4 of a million that you are quoting... :yes:

James, where did you get your figures mate? I'm not denying that the old firm are massively supported, but official estimates for rangers fans in Manchester were 100,000. A huge number, but also a huge difference from the 1/4 of a million that you are quoting... :yes:

As much as i hate to say this Malt but if Celtic can take 100,000 plus supporters to Seville then Rangers could easy take near 200000 down the road to Manchester........dont know if it was 250k but i bet it wasn't far away.... :thumbs:

What's this auld firm everyone keeps banging on about? Is it a game or something?

u are at it

Think you put the space in the wrong bit mate............ :whistling:

yours in sport

james.

you say london and arsenal,doesnt london have more of a population than scotand ?

celtic v rangers reserves that whole weekend was the 3rd highest attendance in britain fact......

and you still havent answered my initial question name me 2 teams who could get suppport in excess of 100,000 or close to 250,000.

my answer to that question is yes...

who else can you name that would attract such a big crowd ?even tho 80% of those fans never had tickets and knew they would only be going for a party and to show support for their club on a massive scale...

name me a club in the world and i would call you a liar....simples

i stand corrected it was acctually 4th highest attended game in britain for the reserves.

post-31327-0-41396300-1301339345_thumb.jpg

100,000 was the estimated figure for people who would likely attend.

250,000 was more likely the amount who turned up and thats what caused manchester police such a headache as they hadnt anticipated such a large scale support,and certainly hadnt prepared for them.