AULD FIRM PREDICTIONS

mcgregor davies jelavic bouggy weiss wittaker wylde ness mcculloch allexander papc then buy a couple of players after 2 seasons challenging for title thumbs.giftongue2.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbs: thats what im saying tho mate you have just got rid of 11 players there and replacing them with quality will cost plenty more than 50 mill :yes: chelsea spent that on one spanish injury prone lady boy who lost his top form years ago :laugh: :laugh: not being funny mate but rangers/celtic are no bigger than newcastle/sunderland :thumbs: and why would you want to change things anyway??? you would still be scottish, living in scotland and watching the scottish league without its two major players!!! be proud of what you got up there and dont fix it unless its broken :thumbs: like lab-tastic says celtic did beat liverpool many years ago :blink: :blink: :laugh: its never gonna happen anyway the smaller teams in scotland would never agree to it when it came to a vote :thumbs: :thumbs:

Has spurs spent 50 million on one player? A hard working team on their day is as good as a talented team. Don't kid yourself by thinking the old firm wouldn't surivive down there cos we would. Yes it would be difficult, yes every team would be trying extra hard to beat us but within a few years we'd be holding our own. Personally, I hope I never see it in my lifetime, cos I don't like change :cry:

Do you honestly not want it too happen mate, i do?.......i couldn't give a flying f**k about the other teams in the SPL, they dont like us and do everything they can to make things hard for us!!...Clubs that have 2000 people max going to watch them week in week out then want 20000 tickets when they reach a cup final......b*****ds!!!

I'd gladly go down south and see if we could hold our own, i know we would do. Maybe not straight away but we would do.. :yes:

Then the O/F game could be a home and away fixture.....2 games a season, make it all the more interesting.... :toast:

Oh and a change of refs would be good thing for us dont you think.............. :whistling:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha tae fecking ha,i see all the whinging has started about how pish the selic were today...cant help but laugh yer ass off at great unwashed thinking they had the treble all but sown up...not so fecki

i hear hes commin back........on the crest of a wave, boom boom, ill get me coat.

i dont like this topic anymore im starting to agree with celtic fans lol

Posted Images

mcgregor davies jelavic bouggy weiss wittaker wylde ness mcculloch allexander papc then buy a couple of players after 2 seasons challenging for title thumbs.giftongue2.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbs: thats what im saying tho mate you have just got rid of 11 players there and replacing them with quality will cost plenty more than 50 mill :yes: chelsea spent that on one spanish injury prone lady boy who lost his top form years ago :laugh: :laugh: not being funny mate but rangers/celtic are no bigger than newcastle/sunderland :thumbs: and why would you want to change things anyway??? you would still be scottish, living in scotland and watching the scottish league without its two major players!!! be proud of what you got up there and dont fix it unless its broken :thumbs: like lab-tastic says celtic did beat liverpool many years ago :blink: :blink: :laugh: its never gonna happen anyway the smaller teams in scotland would never agree to it when it came to a vote :thumbs: :thumbs:

Has spurs spent 50 million on one player? A hard working team on their day is as good as a talented team. Don't kid yourself by thinking the old firm wouldn't surivive down there cos we would. Yes it would be difficult, yes every team would be trying extra hard to beat us but within a few years we'd be holding our own. Personally, I hope I never see it in my lifetime, cos I don't like change :cry:

Do you honestly not want it too happen mate, i do?.......i couldn't give a flying f**k about the other teams in the SPL, they dont like us and do everything they can to make things hard for us!!...Clubs that have 2000 people max going to watch them week in week out then want 20000 tickets when they reach a cup final......b*****ds!!!

I'd gladly go down south and see if we could hold our own, i know we would do. Maybe not straight away but we would do.. :yes:

Then the O/F game could be a home and away fixture.....2 games a season, make it all the more interesting.... :toast:

Oh and a change of refs would be good thing for us dont you think.............. :whistling:

I agree with you about the other clubs. I boycotted going to away games cos of their attitude when they threatened to throw us out of the League and the way they hike up the price cos its us. I seriously dont want to go south mate. I do want an improvement though and the only way I'd accept being part of the english is if they scrap the whole system, and begin with a new league north and south where we are all EQUAL. Thats the only way it can work for me. If we just join they'll make us feel like beggers. Whereas if they started a new league where say the top 6 in Scotland get to play in it with say 12 english clubs, then I'd be interested.

I agree with you about the other clubs. I boycotted going to away games cos of their attitude when they threatened to throw us out of the League and the way they hike up the price cos its us. I seriously dont want to go south mate. I do want an improvement though and the only way I'd accept being part of the english is if they scrap the whole system, and begin with a new league north and south where we are all EQUAL. Thats the only way it can work for me. If we just join they'll make us feel like beggers. Whereas if they started a new league where say the top 6 in Scotland get to play in it with say 12 english clubs, then I'd be interested.

Not sure about that......i'd like to have a crack at the Championship and see how long it would take for us to progress to the EPL? its not charity its just a step forward for the O/F. Personally i dont see it happening, i know i have said they are running scared(tongue in cheek) but i think there is an element of worry by the powers at be that we could cause a serious upset in a number of years. I dont think however the scenes in Manchester helped our case really and i'm so glad that Rangers didn't make it to the final of the Uefa this year...........IN DUBLIN :icon_eek:

Not sure about that......i'd like to have a crack at the Championship and see how long it would take for us to progress to the EPL? its not charity its just a step forward for the O/F. Personally i dont see it happening, i know i have said they are running scared(tongue in cheek) but i think there is an element of worry by the powers at be that we could cause a serious upset in a number of years. I dont think however the scenes in Manchester helped our case really and i'm so glad that Rangers didn't make it to the final of the Uefa this year...........IN DUBLIN :icon_eek:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I never thought of that mate, Dublin lol, that would have been funny :tongue2: The english game isn't as much of a pull as they'd have you believe. How many times you flicked on sky sports monday night and its some pish like Blackpool v Wigan or Stoke V Fulham and you turn it straight off? Unless you support either club you dont give a f**k. They need the top 4 clubs to be playing before it draws an audiance. Sky know the OF are a pull and they basically pull the strings so until they say they want them, it wont happen. No way are the clubs gonna vote us in, they don't need us but Sky might in the future and thats the only way.

Yes and because we experienced that, we know what it is like. Celtic was 3 million in debt, it is now 9. Definately manageable. How many of your clubs down their have debt in single figures? If the t.v companies pull out, the shit will hit the fans, literally lol. :tongue2:

Baw this is a mentality a lot of fans have that i really dont understand.....what do you care if your club has a " manageable debt " as opposed to a debt up to their neck ?.....as a fan of a football club all i want is success i couldnt give a monkeys how much debt my clubs in its not my money.....too many fans these days talk about football from a financial point when realistically we dont have a clue what go,s on within the finances of sport,as fans all we care about is winning on the pitch,if that means going into serious debt why do we care....

Of the top 4 in England its only Man Utd who are in serious debt,City and Chelsea have billionaire owners and Arsenal are financially the best run club in England.....but does that mean Man Utd fans should feel any less proud of their achivements,course it dont because they are football fans not accountants.......

If someone said your club can win the champions league next year but it means you will go into serious debt are you telling me as a football fan and fan of your club you wouldnt want that,purely for financial reasons ?.....If so i think thats the wrong attitude to have myself,as fans we should be screaming out for our clubs to win football matches bollocks to what go,s on in the background thats not our problem.

Yes and because we experienced that, we know what it is like. Celtic was 3 million in debt, it is now 9. Definately manageable. How many of your clubs down their have debt in single figures? If the t.v companies pull out, the shit will hit the fans, literally lol. :tongue2:

Baw this is a mentality a lot of fans have that i really dont understand.....what do you care if your club has a " manageable debt " as opposed to a debt up to their neck ?.....as a fan of a football club all i want is success i couldnt give a monkeys how much debt my clubs in its not my money.....too many fans these days talk about football from a financial point when realistically we dont have a clue what go,s on within the finances of sport,as fans all we care about is winning on the pitch,if that means going into serious debt why do we care....

Of the top 4 in England its only Man Utd who are in serious debt,City and Chelsea have billionaire owners and Arsenal are financially the best run club in England.....but does that mean Man Utd fans should feel any less proud of their achivements,course it dont because they are football fans not accountants.......

If someone said your club can win the champions league next year but it means you will go into serious debt are you telling me as a football fan and fan of your club you wouldnt want that,purely for financial reasons ?.....If so i think thats the wrong attitude to have myself,as fans we should be screaming out for our clubs to win football matches bollocks to what go,s on in the background thats not our problem.

If your club was within hours of shutting down like ours was, you'd understand why we take notice of the debt :yes: As for Man U, why do they wear Norwich scarfs if they aren't bothered about the way their club is ran?

I think what happened to Leeds worries a lot of fans gnash , It certainly made me more aware of the dangers of being in debt up to the eyeballs .

Maybe yous have a point,i spose its one of those situations that unless your in you dont understand.....my pals a keen Arsenal fan and is constantly moaning why his club wont spend money when they are in such a positive position financially.....i suppose its one extreme to the other......all i know is as a simple fan of an average football club im more worried what happens on the pitch than off.Far more educated and knowledgable folk than me will run the club......i/we can only support it.

Maybe yous have a point,i spose its one of those situations that unless your in you dont understand.....my pals a keen Arsenal fan and is constantly moaning why his club wont spend money when they are in such a positive position financially.....i suppose its one extreme to the other......all i know is as a simple fan of an average football club im more worried what happens on the pitch than off.Far more educated and knowledgable folk than me will run the club......i/we can only support it.

Our club nearly shut down mate, Celtic were in a bad way. Here is a wee snippet of what lengths we had to go to, to take over the club.....

Dissatisfaction with the Celtic board has grown into revolt. There are various factions anxious to wrest control of the club as it seems to teeter towards disaster. The battle to win over the club will take two frantic years. Alliances will be formed and will be split. But in March 1994, Fergus McCann leads a group that wins control.

This success was built on a strategy drawn up by David Low. It involved quietly building a stake in the club. In The McCann Takeover: The Inside Account, Low and Francis Shennan have revisited the dramatic tale of how Celtic were saved from administration. The plan was based on buying shares … sometimes in the most unusual places.

ONE measure of the range of support for Celtic was the variety of places where one found their shareholders. Shares were being found in out-of-the-way places, including South Fermanagh. David Low flew to Belfast Aldergrove airport and was picked up by a colleague. They had to drive to the home of one particular shareholder because he had no phone. In that area, two men in suits in a black BMW would not usually have been good news. They knocked on the door and waited. No answer, but a curtain moved. They decided to go for lunch and returned to the farmhouse in the afternoon. A ruddy-faced man in black overalls and wellingtons appeared from round the corner of the house.

I had lots of doubts – it took me a long time to trust him and I told him so. Brian Dempsey

“Good afternoon, I’m Mr Low. I’ve come to make you an offer for your Celtic shares.â€

The man looked at him suspiciously.

“Could I come in to discuss it?â€

“Come in here.â€

They followed him into a cowshed.

“Sit down there.â€

He motioned to a group of milk churns. The trio sat down to talk.

It was to be a lengthy conversation. Low was wearing a tailormade suit that had not been made for cow­sheds. “Like I said, I would like to buy your shares in Celtic Football Club.â€

The farmer’s father had gone to Glasgow as a young man to make his money and, while there, had acquired shares in Celtic. “I could never sell those shares,†he said. “they have been in the family for 60 years.â€

The conversation moved backwards and forwards. “No, no,†said the man yet again. But the negotiations continued. Then the man suddenly said: “If you upped by £1000, I would have to deal there.â€

This was one of the more bizarre dealings in Low’s hunt for Celtic shares that took him to Montreal, Phoenix and the Caribbean. The blueprint for the takeover of Celtic was to be The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli. The book’s reputation gave us the adjective Machiavellian to describe clever or devious strategies.

Low’s plan was to make a takeover without making a bid. It rested upon gaining the support of smaller shareholders, those ordinary people who had largely inherited their shares. They had kept them without receiving dividends and had been largely ignored by directors.

A takeover without a bid had two major advantages: first, it would not enrich the men being blamed for the state of the club and, second, it was feasible.

Almost the first problem in dealing with each shareholder approached was to convince him or her that it could be done. Nearly everyone had a desire for change, but nearly everyone thought Celtic was a closed shop. Most at some point told Low that he was wasting his time. “It isn’t possible. The board and their families have it sewn up.â€

Brian Dempsey, who had most reason to suspect Low, had been quick to respond. When Low first met Dempsey he was seen as being close to Michael Kelly [part of the incumbent board].

Low had first appeared on a BBC Scotland programme in which he criticised Dempsey. After Low examined the Robroyston plan [a proposal for a new Celtic stadium], he apologised to Dempsey for misjudging him. “I had lots of doubts,†said Dempsey. “It took me a long time to trust him and I told him so.â€

The trust grew with every event. “He assessed everything 99% accurately†said Dempsey. “He was always dead on.â€

Low dreamed up joke nicknames for each of the main participants. Celtic was codenamed Shinty and the campaign was Operation Shinty. Celtic directors were nicknamed Meanie, Shifty, Sleepy and Jammy.

Low had an analytical, cynical and calculating mind. In the heat of the corporate battle, with its stress, with its rumours flying around, it was easy to become confused. Low was able to stand back and say: “If we go down this road, we win.â€

His plan became known among the inner circle of rebels as Route One to goal. The name came from a BBC programme called Quiz Ball where contestants could pick a one, two or three-answer route to goal.

The money for the share purchases was put up by John Keane [a Celtic-supporting businessman]. In just two years, £500,000 would be spent. The new alliance began with shareholders outside Scotland. There was a good chance they were the most neglected and the rebels’ activities were less likely to alert the board.

That was what took Low to Fermanagh. And it what was ultimately what led him to Celtic Park in March 1994 as part of the successful rebel group that took over the club.

* The McCann Takeover: The Inside Account, by David Low and Francis Shennan, is published at £10 by Bolista Partners. It is available from www.themccanntakeover.com and all Celtic shops.

Very interesting mate thanks for putting it up.....Just shows the damage that can be done.....i can just picture the meeting in the cow shed :laugh: .....To be honest it amazes me the details and information us the fans get to know about such huge companies,what other walk of life could joe public be made aware of such details without having a foot in the door.

Just hearing on the news Rangers have recieved a takeover bid....Lloyds bank have said they wont block the bid and its down to the club and shareholders :hmm:

Very interesting mate thanks for putting it up.....Just shows the damage that can be done.....i can just picture the meeting in the cow shed :laugh: .....To be honest it amazes me the details and information us the fans get to know about such huge companies,what other walk of life could joe public be made aware of such details without having a foot in the door.

Just hearing on the news Rangers have recieved a takeover bid....Lloyds bank have said they wont block the bid and its down to the club and shareholders :hmm:

Aye, i think the tax man might have something to say about it. Personally I hope they do get took over. Nothing worse than one team in a two team league struggling..... don't get me wrong, we ain't exactly taking advantage lol

i am a celtic fan,and i think both celtic and rangers have bigger support bases than any club in the world,big statement i agree.

can i prove it not realistically,but i'll have a little stab at it.

celtic and rangers regularly get 50,000 plus in there stadiums playing in scotland i.e motherwell/hamilton/hibs/hearts.

celtic and rangers getting entry to the epl could both build 100,000 seater stadiums and fill it regular : ie man u/chelsea/liverpool/west ham etc etc..

celtic seville eufa cup estimated 100,000 fans

rangers manchester eufa cup estimated 250,000 fans

name me 2 clubs in the world that would have taken so many fans to the eufa cup final ?

in my opinion there isnt a club in the world outside the old firm who could take such a crowd to a game.

yours in sport

james.