AULD FIRM PREDICTIONS

Exactly mate. They are living on a false economy just like the banks were. It will all come to a sticky end watch and see and when it does they will be looking at our clubs as salvation and I hope we have the balls to tell them to f**k off!!! Your club will be fine mate :thumbs:

Absolutely hilarious !...i can just see young Jack Wilshire pulling up outside Ross Countys ground looking for a game :laugh: .....Mate,huge companies dont give money away for nothing they invest in sure bets....hence they invested in English football instead of Sottish football.....get over it and spend a bit less time whingeing about the English game and get to work on sorting your own game out,maybe get down the local parks and start coaching some talented young footballers !....or is the fact your youngsters cant play football our fault as well !!

Do you know what league ross county plays in? As for investers, ohhh yeah, they are always right eh lol Only reason english football is invested in is because of sky. If the sky contract fails, so does english football :yes: Your clubs couldn't support yourself in your current state without t.v. money, whereas our clubs can.

if english football is in such a state why do you want to play in it :blink:

I dont :blink:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ha tae fecking ha,i see all the whinging has started about how pish the selic were today...cant help but laugh yer ass off at great unwashed thinking they had the treble all but sown up...not so fecki

i hear hes commin back........on the crest of a wave, boom boom, ill get me coat.

i dont like this topic anymore im starting to agree with celtic fans lol

Posted Images

I wasn't assessing your character or I didn't mean it to sound like I was. Just found your assumptions regarding the auld firm rather amusing. You mention also ran teams like bolton etc, stating they are doing something Celtic and rangers couldn't, how do you know this? Celtic and rangers are far bigger clubs than these and thats surviving on a 10th of their money. Can you imagine if we got the same cash thrown at us?

Barcalona are the best even though they play in an inferior league to the mighty english. They attract the best players even though they play in an inferior league to the mighty english clubs. look at man city, offering Kaka the world, was it enough for him to play in england, you bet your bottom dollar it wasn't. English football isn't as good as you'd like us believe it is. infact, its mediocre at best but what you do have is a good pr team. As for why am I arguing if I don't want my club to go down to england, I think you'll find I am talking about Celtic on a celtic based thread, it is you lot who have hijacked this thread for your own means. :blink:

With you Scots it all comes down to the old " big club " thing doesnt it....you are big fish in a small pond....in a big ocean you would be run of the mill.

Incidentally i would disagree about the Spanish i feel there league is superior to ours in England....Anyway yes your right its kind of gone off topic i didnt realise so my apologies.

I wasn't assessing your character or I didn't mean it to sound like I was. Just found your assumptions regarding the auld firm rather amusing. You mention also ran teams like bolton etc, stating they are doing something Celtic and rangers couldn't, how do you know this? Celtic and rangers are far bigger clubs than these and thats surviving on a 10th of their money. Can you imagine if we got the same cash thrown at us?

Barcalona are the best even though they play in an inferior league to the mighty english. They attract the best players even though they play in an inferior league to the mighty english clubs. look at man city, offering Kaka the world, was it enough for him to play in england, you bet your bottom dollar it wasn't. English football isn't as good as you'd like us believe it is. infact, its mediocre at best but what you do have is a good pr team. As for why am I arguing if I don't want my club to go down to england, I think you'll find I am talking about Celtic on a celtic based thread, it is you lot who have hijacked this thread for your own means. :blink:

With you Scots it all comes down to the old " big club " thing doesnt it....you are big fish in a small pond....in a big ocean you would be run of the mill.

Incidentally i would disagree about the Spanish i feel there league is superior to ours in England....Anyway yes your right its kind of gone off topic i didnt realise so my apologies.

Naaa, don't worry about it going off topic, I started the topic so no probs in that department :thumbs: I know your league is better than ours, no arguement there but I don't agree that your clubs are bigger than the old firm. Yes, at this present time with the financial restraints Celtic and rangers find trhemselves in and the money you lot have, it certainly looks that way. But players come and go, supporters stay and its the club we support not what is on the park. We will become strong again that I can guarantee. :thumbs:

Guest THE BEATNICK

funny how things work out here were debating wether the top two scots clubs should play in england and low and behold the scottish national team is playing brazil in london, watch out gnasher the scots are trying to take over.

Naaa, don't worry about it going off topic, I started the topic so no probs in that department :thumbs: I know your league is better than ours, no arguement there but I don't agree that your clubs are bigger than the old firm. Yes, at this present time with the financial restraints Celtic and rangers find trhemselves in and the money you lot have, it certainly looks that way. But players come and go, supporters stay and its the club we support not what is on the park. We will become strong again that I can guarantee. :thumbs:

Amen!!!

Do you know what league ross county plays in? As for investers, ohhh yeah, they are always right eh lol Only reason english football is invested in is because of sky. If the sky contract fails, so does english football :yes: Your clubs couldn't support yourself in your current state without t.v. money, whereas our clubs can.

If im not wrong they play in the first division,the one below the premier league and the one above the second division :blink:

Your clubs can support themself :laugh::laugh:....i really cant see what you lads get so infuriated about....if Scottish football is in such good shape what you talking about sending clubs down here for.....we are not a charity organisation and you will add no footballing qualities whatsoever......so what do we have to gain....

The jealousy seeps through the screen :D

Aye, you've got me on the jealousy part lol. But I am patriotic mate, can't see anyone run down scottish clubs even if it is rangers. We shall have our day :thumbs:

Im not debating they are not big clubs they are we all know that.......what gets me is the way yous direct all your anger towards us and towards lack of money,when the reality is you produce absolutely no footballers of quality !!...Surely to god that should be a far bigger worry to Scottish football fans but they dont seem to care about that.....your game is on its arse not just financially....does it not worry you where the Laws,Dalglish,s,Souness,Hansens etc are and why they are not coming through anymore ? it would worry me and until they did i wouldnt start telling the Barcelonas and Real Madrids about how big my West Ham was :D

Just different outlooks i guess.

Aye, you've got me on the jealousy part lol. But I am patriotic mate, can't see anyone run down scottish clubs even if it is rangers. We shall have our day :thumbs:

Loyalty is a trait to be admired mate im not digging you out over it......listen,when you follow the shit ive been following around the past 30 years you tend to stick with your own sort when it comes to discussions about footie.....am i jealous of Man Utd,Arsenal,Chelsea :censored::censored::censored: ...no course not.

The advantage you have is your club probably will have its day one day.....we,ve already had ours :D

Im not debating they are not big clubs they are we all know that.......what gets me is the way yous direct all your anger towards us and towards lack of money,when the reality is you produce absolutely no footballers of quality !!...Surely to god that should be a far bigger worry to Scottish football fans but they dont seem to care about that.....your game is on its arse not just financially....does it not worry you where the Laws,Dalglish,s,Souness,Hansens etc are and why they are not coming through anymore ? it would worry me and until they did i wouldnt start telling the Barcelonas and Real Madrids about how big my West Ham was :D

Just different outlooks i guess.

I direct my anger to you lot cos you lot are the ones being smug :laugh: It is a worry how poor scottish football is and yes, the days of the players you mention are getting further and further away but I don't think its soley a scottish problem. Kids now adays dont play football like they used to. When I grew up, every c**t had a ball and was playing football, when was the last time you saw an unorganised game of football played by kids? Its a worrying trend and I don't know the answer. To play football for your school etc was great but I dont think the modern boy thinks that anymore. He'd rather excel at football manager on the playstation 3 :blink:

I direct my anger to you lot cos you lot are the ones being smug :laugh: It is a worry how poor scottish football is and yes, the days of the players you mention are getting further and further away but I don't think its soley a scottish problem. Kids now adays dont play football like they used to. When I grew up, every c**t had a ball and was playing football, when was the last time you saw an unorganised game of football played by kids? Its a worrying trend and I don't know the answer. To play football for your school etc was great but I dont think the modern boy thinks that anymore. He'd rather excel at football manager on the playstation 3 :blink:

Well i just speak as i see it if that comes across smug then its certainly not supposed to....

Not sure what the reason is for the lack of talent,computer games and technology is everywhere the Spaniards,Argies,Germans even us the little English dont seem to suffer with a lack of talent coming through....and its not like yous dont have plenty of other sportsman doing well....dont know the answer to that one.

Edited by gnasher16

Well i just speak as i see it if that comes across smug then its certainly not supposed to....

Not sure what the reason is for the lack of talent,computer games and technology is everywhere the Spaniards,Argies,Germans even us the little English dont seem to suffer with a lack of talent coming through....and its not like yous dont have plenty of other sportsman doing well....dont know the answer to that one.

I don't either mate. We do have some talent coming through. Maybe the years of playing mediocre foreigners at the expense of scottish talent is now taking its toll. But its now on the change, look at rangers and the kids they are playing now. Even our team has some young talent like Commons. The players you mention were at a time where playing home grown talent was the norm, I think these days are coming back. I also think you guys will suffer with the influx of foreigners, what young talent is coming through in england?

I don't either mate. We do have some talent coming through. Maybe the years of playing mediocre foreigners at the expense of scottish talent is now taking its toll. But its now on the change, look at rangers and the kids they are playing now. Even our team has some young talent like Commons. The players you mention were at a time where playing home grown talent was the norm, I think these days are coming back. I also think you guys will suffer with the influx of foreigners, what young talent is coming through in england?

Without doubt,the likes of Chelsea,Man City will only have themself to blame if their owners decide to up sticks and go onto another hobby.....the trouble is these days clubs send their scouts abroad to look for talent as much as they send them to local sunday leagues,which of course makes it double hard for a young lad to get a look in.I think theres still plenty of talented lads their just having a harder time due to the foreign talent they have to compete with.

The kid Mckecran at Chelsea,Wilshire at Arsenal,the lad Coady at Liverpool is supposed to be another Gerard even at West Ham we have a bunch of good younguns,we have a boy bobby hall whos a real old fashioned winger who could go a long way....Connor Wickham at Ipswich looks good..........so theres plenty coming through...its just a harder push to get first team football.....which is what i find strange in Scotland,theres not so many foreign star talents for your own youngsters to contend with you would think yous would actually have an easier time finding them than us,especially if money is tight the obvious thing is local talent.Maybe your right maybe kids are just not playing enough

Edited by gnasher16

Without doubt,the likes of Chelsea,Man City will only have themself to blame if their owners decide to up sticks and go onto another hobby.....the trouble is these days clubs send their scouts abroad to look for talent as much as they send them to local sunday leagues,which of course makes it double hard for a young lad to get a look in.I think theres still plenty of talented lads their just having a harder time due to the foreign talent they have to compete with.

The kid Mckecran at Chelsea,Wilshire at Arsenal,the lad Coady at Liverpool is supposed to be another Gerard even at West Ham we have a bunch of good younguns,we have a boy bobby hall whos a real old fashioned winger who could go a long way....Connor Wickham at Ipswich looks good..........so theres plenty coming through...its just a harder push to get first team football.....which is what i find strange in Scotland,theres not so many foreign star talents for your own youngsters to contend with you would think yous would actually have an easier time finding them than us,especially if money is tight the obvious thing is local talent.Maybe your right maybe kids are just not playing enough

The lack of money up here is a relatively new one. As I say, the tide is turning and we are seeing signs of local talent getting a shot where they never before. It's happening more at rangers than it is at Celtic due to neccesity more than anything. We seem to be scouting desert f*****g islands for bargains lol. Don't get me wrong, we seem to have unearthed a few gems but I'm old fashioned mate. I'd rather see a local boy trying like f**k in the team rather than some johnny come lately using my club as a stepping stone even if he can play a bit :thumbs:

The lack of money up here is a relatively new one. As I say, the tide is turning and we are seeing signs of local talent getting a shot where they never before. It's happening more at rangers than it is at Celtic due to neccesity more than anything. We seem to be scouting desert f*****g islands for bargains lol. Don't get me wrong, we seem to have unearthed a few gems but I'm old fashioned mate. I'd rather see a local boy trying like f**k in the team rather than some johnny come lately using my club as a stepping stone even if he can play a bit :thumbs:

On that we agree...there was a time down here at West Ham where a foreign footballer just wouldnt be accepted by fans no matter how good he was,infact if i go further back there was a time where poor George Paris couldnt get a first team game because he was black !!...he used to get dogs abuse from his own fans.....

Its not so much old fashioned its pride in your area,id rather go down to the championship with a bunch of local lads than stay in the premiership with foreigners....at the moment we have a happy medium here and certainly more English players than most other premier league teams.....but i suppose some clubs just have a knack for bringing through good players,if there was a league table for that we would be top hands down......id still like to see a rule brought in where a minimum of 6 home grown players must be on the pitch at any one time......lets see who the " big " clubs are then ;)