Some really novice questions....

1) I advise you to get a lamp mate and go out as often as you can with it and both enjoy yourselves.

2) I advise you to get ferrets as well. They dont cost millions and they dont ask for much.

3) Rolling in grass is something dogs do, thats all it means.

4) Dont worry about myxi rabbits, they cant pass anything onto the dog or yourself and youle be doing them a favour by killing them.

5) Re the charlies, shoot them.

6) Last week I was out with the dog and althogh my recall is now good I allow him out of my sight, he came back really crying, limping so much I was convinced he had had a break of bone on the hill- got him into the light and head covered in blood. Ear a bit ripped, not a lot but bleeding plenty. Very likely he caught a fox and it didnt like getting caught.

7) Cleaning wounds: Lots of different methods and a lot depends on the wound. Purple spray is good so is cut n heal, tcp etc.

8) Allow him to have a moment of glory with his catch, dont take it off him straight away. And when you do, do it with lots of praise. Give a treat in return. If he refuses to let go, gently pinch the flap of skin between his back leg and ribcage.

good advice dog magic exactly what i would have said. need a bullx for foxes so better to shoot em. am sure someone on the site would be happy for the permission to shoot ur charlies

oh no you don't :no:

just keep at it you dont need to be a world beating team your doing it for the right reasons the enjoyment of your dog and yourself sojust keep at it and you wil meet some people that are into it as well then you may see something that will make it easier better than what your doing and dogs are alot tougher than they would have us believe :thumbs:

:icon_eek:

why have you put this!! You have just posted the worst post on hunting life for quite a while, and you have the balls to post this on someone elses post.. At least he held his hand up, he knew that people like you would frown upon him.... Go sort your scratch out mate, and leave the younguns alone. In fact i bet your no more than 18 your self.... :thumbs:

i think you'll find bluebrindle is female mate!!!! :whistling: haha, agree with ya tho, this is all about advice and nobody is born with hunting knowledge, it aint hereditory unfortunatly!! if ya dont ask you will never know, fair play to those who are given her honest advice, i wont as i dont have much experience with whippets but would def sort out her fox problem!!!

BLUEBRINDLE, i know where your comming from when you say " I just want to see him happy and utilising the body he was blessed with"..........i justify my saturday night antics by tellin myself the same thing, except replacing the him with her!!!!! :kiss:

:thumbs:

why have you put this!! You have just posted the worst post on hunting life for quite a while, and you have the balls to post this on someone elses post.. At least he held his hand up, he knew that people like you would frown upon him.... Go sort your scratch out mate, and leave the younguns alone. In fact i bet your no more than 18 your self.... :thumbs:

well said rfyl :victory:

:thumbs:

As you'll know I don't agree with everything you post but this time you're bang on the money RFYL.:thumbs:

LOL Foxdigger.

Thanks guys, all advice duly noted!

:thumbs: not a bother........ out of curiosity wat ya upto sat nite????? :whistling: :whistling: :laugh:

as said before get onto sumone local to ya and they will take ya under their wing and show yy the ropes, the best way by far to get into the game, as you get confident so will you dog....

Errm fox digger I'm packing in the pole dancing for a while and will probably be out with the whippet looking for a few last bunnies of the season....(rabbits not the playboy variety) Nothing around this evening- guess it was a clear still night and they saw us coming. Will defo have to sort out a lamp as the head torch ain't cutting it! :blink:

Errm fox digger I'm packing in the pole dancing for a while and will probably be out with the whippet looking for a few last bunnies of the season....(rabbits not the playboy variety) Nothing around this evening- guess it was a clear still night and they saw us coming. Will defo have to sort out a lamp as the head torch ain't cutting it! :blink:

by the sounds of it (pole dancing) ya wont need any lamp, the bunnies ya reffering to are now out in a glow in the dark version!!!:boogie: :boogie: leave the whippet at home tho cause he def be shy if he sees that caper goin on!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: kepp up the good work ;)