Why are you into dogs?

What is it that floats your boat about dogs? What makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, gets the blood pumping and adrenaline flowing? For me, it's seeing an explosive dog on a hare, f*****g love it. I love the feeling when your walking a field and you see them ears.... just a glimpse.... then the eye and as soon as you make eye to eye contact, WHOOSH, like an explosion its off, dog straining on the lead... in a split second you let go of the handle and the strap round your wrist tightens... off he goes(how many times has the slip lead battered your top lip lol) eating up the ground.... what a feeling when he gets on terms...

As far as I can see dogs is a drug, its in your blood. Every dogman knows that feeling you get which cant be reproduced by any other sport. I fish, I shoot, nothing comes close to watching the dog on a hare or even a rabbit. So, what is it you like about dogs? Is it the way bull dogs do their business or salukis or whippets.... so many people into so many different styles of running and using their dogs.... all get the same proud feeling when it all clicks.

What is it that floats your boat about dogs? What makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, gets the blood pumping and adrenaline flowing? For me, it's seeing an explosive dog on a hare, f*****g love it. I love the feeling when your walking a field and you see them ears.... just a glimpse.... then the eye and as soon as you make eye to eye contact, WHOOSH, like an explosion its off, dog straining on the lead... in a split second you let go of the handle and the strap round your wrist tightens... off he goes(how many times has the slip lead battered your top lip lol) eating up the ground.... what a feeling when he gets on terms...

As far as I can see dogs is a drug, its in your blood. Every dogman knows that feeling you get which cant be reproduced by any other sport. I fish, I shoot, nothing comes close to watching the dog on a hare or even a rabbit. So, what is it you like about dogs? Is it the way bull dogs do their business or salukis or whippets.... so many people into so many different styles of running and using their dogs.... all get the same proud feeling when it all clicks.

think you pretty much covered it all their mate :D ,other than the just getting out there alone away from the daily grind of life,work, wife ,kids etc,and the overall satisfaction of the pup you brought on maturing and finaly achieving what you worked so hard for, what ever your chosen quarry :thumbs:

WHAT WAY IS YOUR DOG BRED

Knowing you have fed and nurtured and trained a dog to do the business and then seeing them put their all their effort behind the quarry and still have the thought to bring it back to you when they have caught it.

You can also cuddle them. :whistling:

WHAT WAY IS YOUR DOG BRED

Got deerhound and collie crosses mate.

Different for me working labs but its the pleasure of a right good retrieve........When i was younger all i could think about was shooting rabbits with the .22 or shooting pigeons with the shotty'....and i used to beg to go to driven pheasant days with my grandad but never got to go.........but that started to change when i started working my dogs, especailly picking up with them... oh yes..:yes:

Sending the dog on a big long retrieve with everybody watching........thinking the cause is lost but i know different....."Go back!!Go back"....and over the fence he goes and i wait for what seems like forever.......as everybody is beginning to give up hope a flash of yellow leaps the fence...."has he got it?"....i hear from the guns behind......"f*****g right he has!!!!"...... :thumbs:

Different for me working labs but its the pleasure of a right good retrieve........When i was younger all i could think about was shooting rabbits with the .22 or shooting pigeons with the shotty'....and i used to beg to go to driven pheasant days with my grandad but never got to go.........but that started to change when i started working my dogs, especailly picking up with them... oh yes..:yes:

Sending the dog on a big long retrieve with everybody watching........thinking the cause is lost but i know different....."Go back!!Go back"....and over the fence he goes and i wait for what seems like forever.......as everybody is beginning to give up hope a flash of yellow leaps the fence...."has he got it?"....i hear from the guns behind......"f*****g right he has!!!!"...... :thumbs:

And up steps mushrooms dog with 2 lol. only kidden mate, can appreciate that :thumbs:

Got deerhound and collie crosses mate.

from the way you carry on, it sounds like they either dont exist, or they were once running and no more? :hmm:

Wonder what type of dogs you run?........... :whistling: