breeding my jill

i only wanted a bit of advice i use my jill most weekends an shes great i got her at a game fair with my 2 little girls they treat her as a pet i started her working 2 seasons ago she took to it straight away. just needed another one for next season as my kids said they wanted another silver one i will breed mine as for making money from them the ones im left with will be free to good home il be happy not to be stuck with them

i only wanted a bit of advice i use my jill most weekends an shes great i got her at a game fair with my 2 little girls they treat her as a pet i started her working 2 seasons ago she took to it straight away. just needed another one for next season as my kids said they wanted another silver one i will breed mine as for making money from them the ones im left with will be free to good home il be happy not to be stuck with them

I f that's genuinely the case mate then in the long run you would be cheaper just buying a silver kit in, or who knows, perhaps someone on here would give you one FOC to stop another uneeded litter.

if you really want to breed then as I`ve said, working ability is all that matters, If you know someone with a good working hob, and you are confidant you can rehome ALL the kits you don`t want(remember you could be well into double figures) then go for it and good luck, If all you want is another ferret for you to work and the kids to be happy with,,then my advise is this,, go to the local ferret rescue and take the kids with you,,I can GUARANTEE they will pick a ferret they love, be it silver yellow or green!!! their preference for silver will go right oot the window when presented with a choice of wee cuddly rescue buggers!!! lol

ATB

• Like 1

What they said - if your just wanting a kit, then start looking now for someone with a cracking litter of silvers/some silvers and pick up a kit there. That way, you want have all the hassle of raising/getting rid of the dozen extra kits, and avoid any possible problems with pregnancy/birth. I'd only breed if you specifically want to reproduce that line. But like has been said, its your call, crack on. :thumbs: And as RA says, your kiddies want silver cos thats what they have/see, you wait till they see a cuddly polecat looking like a wee bandit, or a nice sandy, or cheeky albino, they will want them all!