TRIGGER HAPPY

do many of you lads pay much attention to the firearms/shotgun section of this site? some of those feckers want their fingers trimming up! :D these wholesale slaughters they brag about will be the ruination of OUR sport. :censored: OPINIONS PLEASE

Guest JohnGalway

OUR

'Scuse me, but who died and made you boss of the rest of us? :laugh:

Sounds suspiciously like you'd like to BAN firearms...

Slippery slope that, perhaps it'd be a batter idea to support those who are on all of OUR side rather than dividing US by petty internal moaning.

Opinions on a postcard :whistle:

OUR

'Scuse me, but who died and made you boss of the rest of us? :laugh:

Sounds suspiciously like you'd like to BAN firearms...

Slippery slope that, perhaps it'd be a batter idea to support those who are on all of OUR side rather than dividing US by petty internal moaning.

Opinions on a postcard :whistle:

;)

guess i am one of those "feckers"!! hands up! trim my fingers at will :drink::D

What i was getting at is what chance do the terrier, lurcher and hunting folks have when lads are trundling round at night wiping out whole areas of foxes. i don,t disagree that we need a few trimming up now and again and do plenty of lamping myself but i do think everybody deserves their sport. you can hunt or dig one dozens of times but you can only kill em once jmho. :D

I'm just pasting a reply from 'a few foxys'...people having to justify stuff all the time is getting really tedious. I'm replacing stellas name with yours though Vinnie as i think you baltently fit the bill. :chair:

No this shit again ... change the f*****g record 'VINNIE'. Why the protectionist 'more for me and my pooch' attitude... AGAIN ? Yeah running dogs is a laugh but its NOT THEY ONLY f*****g METHOD!! The lads did a good job covering and covered a large and obviously over-populated area by the sounds of it. Do you know what the land is like? do you know the land owner or which methods they requested (given the season). No... so why come on and start spouting negativity??? Why can't you just be positive instead of finding something to bitch about. Wind your bloody neck in!

Lads... good shit, don't stop posting because a few wankers are so blinkered

Just like to add that seems to be an ever-increasing trend... someone posts a thread on foxing, ratting, digging, snaring, netting... micing... and someone sees it necessary to have a pop at them for the method they are using. Its not a 'this method may have been more efficient' or 'great stuff... maybe try this next time'. Its negative 'you b*****d... thats taking my sport away'. All it does is create divisions and stop people posting.

This is a HUNTING forum... all methods enjoyed together...don't like it... f**k off to a DOG forum. :D

Edited by LocalYokel

I agree Vinnie.

Its not like the gun can get injured,laid up or tired, is it ? Shooting Fox's on the beam is so piss easy its untrue.

For example,last night I was down on my permission looking for Rats (sorry Eamon Mc) with my £5.99 1 million ?? candlepower torch from Wilkinsons :laugh: and I squeeked a Big dog fox to almost kicking distance. (much to the exitement of my tethered Beddy pup.

The point I'm making is that I could have blown the fecker away with a rifle or shotgun with absolute ease.

My other point is (and I'm sure we will get some healthy debate out of this one) :whistle: is that I'm not really convinced that a lot of shooting men give a fvck if hunting with dogs is banned or not,

Tony Blair left them alone because he knew that hunting with dogs is an emotional issue. And with emotion comes passion. Shooting is a more remote, cold sport,and therefore more difficult to polarise Joe Public into

a for or against opinion.

To get back to your pont Vinnie, I think some gun men are willfully greedy.But I guess its just like the Lurchers or terriers - theres good and bad in every sport.

Dave... i dont' have my own dogs but i still spend a small fortune getting to london and back to support hunting with dogs. :yes:

Having a good laugh by running one is not always the point and im sure a lot of lads do both. When you need to control numbers to satisfy the landowner (and maybe retain your permission) lamping which i think you are simplifying to be a piece of piss, is a very EFFECTIVE method of CONTROL. It aint all done for shits and giggles.

With respect to dogs and guns. :victory:

Guest oldskool

i like the odd shot meself :) ... i start my pups off with lamp and rifle... but i agree with some of what has been said on both sides of the arguement... if somebody with a rifle gets greedy and decides to wipe foxes off a ground just for the sake of scoring high numbers then he will, and he can do it over the space of one night!! the majority of dog men cant, even if they wanted to... i have had my own ground destroyed with cowboys out the back window of a car shooting in summer.... but again, you cant paint every gun man with the same brush... shooting is essential, always was and always will be :thumbs-up:

i'm heading to a farm tonight (i was supposed to go last night but i fell asleep :icon_redface: ) with the rifle because my sisters boyfriends farm is getting hit with 2 lamb killers at mo... the ground is too hilly for dogs and the gun is the only option...

and as said above its not all shits and giggles.. it needs done with the best and most suitable method at the time... other places i go i have to run a dog because horses go shit mad at the crack of a rifle

there are no dog men in these parts no one in my area dose it, my pup is the only lurcher around, i dont go out to bag big numbers i shoot them because i dont want them eating my bloody lambs! some if not all the land isnt suitable for a dog anyway two maybe three of them could have been taken by a dog. and what i shoot dose nothing to the local fox population there are loads of them. there was last year and the year before that and so on. i will kill with my lurcher when she is ready, i will still have to shoot them tho not so i can show off, so my lambs wont be half killed off!

guess i am one of those "feckers"!! hands up! trim my fingers at will :drink::D

What i was getting at is what chance do the terrier, lurcher and hunting folks have when lads are trundling round at night wiping out whole areas of foxes. i don,t disagree that we need a few trimming up now and again and do plenty of lamping myself but i do think everybody deserves their sport. you can hunt or dig one dozens of times but you can only kill em once jmho. :D

Look... sorry for ranting earlier. I agree everyone deserves their sport but that does not mean we need to give other methods a hard time :( . Everyone has their own methods and a lot of guys like (and use) all of them. Some areas have different priorities and people who reply to posts have to remember this before mouthing off. There will always be a few cocks out there who give a method a bad name... it just winds me up when good, keen people who take the trouble to start a thread get tarred with the same brush. :(