bsa xl tactical review ?

hey guys,

i am thinking of getting one of these to go all of my hunting e.g.( bunnies,crows,rats and so on )

so i was woundering could anybody do a detailed review on this gun

p.s i have been looking, can you fit a bipod to the sling clips

thanks a lot

lew bsa_tactical%5Bekm%5D900x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg

There's been tonnes written about bipods and spring rifles on this forum - do a search to find out why it's a no no.

The rifle will do the job for you though mate. If you get one, it may be worth considering fitting a gas ram in place of the spring as they're a bit clanky and noisy.

Personally, in your shoes I would be considering a Weihrauch HW95 over the Lightning.

Personally, in your shoes I would be considering a Weihrauch HW95 over the Lightning.

I'd second that the lightning is a good basic rifle but for the money you can pick up a secondhand 95 and they are worlds apart in build quality :thumbs:

i currently have an lightning xl and its a good little rifle,iv also had a hw95 and the hw95 was nicer and easier to shoot with as it feels more smooth.

but saying that i love my lightning and very happy with it.

personal preference mate

I have a lightning in 177 .it has to be tuned with a nice spring and springuide .the gun is light weight .out hunting that is a plus but it is hard to shoot because it is light weight [the gun is accurate with practice} .I have a 97k also( untuned ).I like this gun better have gotten used to the weight when out hunting.For the price of a bsa you could get a better gun as mentioned.