Staffys Mooching/Bushing alongside lurchers

Has anyone got a staffy that they take mooching and working alongside the lurchers?

The missus wants to get one, it will probably be next year now. Just wondering if people think one would be of much use in the field?

Are there many working bred staffys about? Not crosses or amstaffs etc.

Cheers

Gaz

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seen my mates staff catch rabbits for fun day and night occasially took the things that bite backaswell,i think they make good moochers if bought from a pup

Was'nt talking about yours SANSTORM was talking about these big over grown things you see been paraded at shows and around the towns and if shown some real work would shit themselves if they were able

Posted Images

Has anyone got a staffy that they take mooching and working alongside the lurchers?

The missus wants to get one, it will probably be next year now. Just wondering if people think one would be of much use in the field?

Cheers

Gaz

theres a topic on the terrier section on 'proper staffords". :thumbs:

Cheers

Gaz

thought you was getting a terrier mate?better of with one of them :thumbs:

Thanks for replys.

TB25 - I have had a JRT bitch, 3 years old. She was farm bred for ratting but then got given to the blokes sister as a pet where she was being deprived of what she wants to do.

She is a mental busher and will go through anything to flush anything. She is settling in well.

Blan89 - I appreciate they aren't hunting dogs, i have got a saluki/whippet/grey for edible quarry mate.

My missus wants one as a pet, I've always had a soft spot for them so just wondering if they have a place mooching? If nothing else he will have a good active life.

You lads who have posted pics and work staffys - is it in there instinct to chase? Do they pick it up off other dogs? Or do they just mooch about not really doing anything?

If PMs preferred then not a problem.

Gaz.

Thanks for replys.

TB25 - I have had a JRT bitch, 3 years old. She was farm bred for ratting but then got given to the blokes sister as a pet where she was being deprived of what she wants to do.

She is a mental busher and will go through anything to flush anything. She is settling in well.

Blan89 - I appreciate they aren't hunting dogs, i have got a saluki/whippet/grey for edible quarry mate.

My missus wants one as a pet, I've always had a soft spot for them so just wondering if they have a place mooching? If nothing else he will have a good active life.

You lads who have posted pics and work staffys - is it in there instinct to chase? Do they pick it up off other dogs? Or do they just mooch about not really doing anything?

Gaz.

my staff has a strong desire to kill owt small and furry weather its rabbits,rats or cats. He has no interest in bushing and prefers to stay by myside.

I look after a staff sometimes; she'll chase rabbits and try and catch pigeons but I don't really think there's any intent there, she's a bit of a softy and gave herself a right old panic when she put up a pheasant and realised how big it was!

There's a guy on here (Blackstaff?) who has a nice bitch a bit more into it, though.

Thanks for replys.

Gaz.

my staff has a strong desire to kill owt small and furry weather its rabbits,rats or cats. He has no interest in bushing and prefers to stay by myside.

all my dogs will kill whatever the can get a hold of :yes: my old bitch would of went into heavy cover but the new 1 has no interest :no:

Thanks for replys.

Gaz.

mate of mine fetches his staff a walk with us sometimes and all he wants to do is destroy trees and carry them round with him . useless dog tbh but he looks hard as feck ha ha they do make good house dogs but i dont think they have the instinct for bushing rabbits im sure there is a few out their that would disagree but not the staffs i have seen atb