these lads got a few runs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree, i dont like to double up a dog unless its a young dog and trying to bring it on, a dog can handle and kill a fox quicker on its own instead of tug-of-war, exspecially a big bull x like them t

(WRECKING CREW DVD) ................. would have been better if they run everything (single handed) rather than (doubled up) but its a decent watch ,

REMOVED     cant be bothered to read all the shite about it,they put some work in front of the dogs thats all i was getting at and thats good enough for me

Im no saying all the dogs cant do it and also i agree there out getting the tackle and thats what its all about but its easy for the lads that go out and run 1-2 maybe 3-4 fox a week to think them dogs are awsome when the truth is ... there not i bet theres only a few dogs in that dvd that can do the job single handed, alot of dogs will go into 1 doubled up but dont want 1 alone FACT! , thats just my opinion and every1 has there own, them number are easy to achive at the start of the season when the corn first cut and we often run big numbers week in week out begining of the season and was still getting 2,3s's at the back end, (PRE-BAN) :thumbs:

:thumbdown: useless, doubled up and still take their time, look like the fellas know what theyre doing though, good sqeeking in, good footage, but shame the dogs arent much kop. a proper dog does it on their own, without all the over shooting, the deer should of been dead before jumped fence, and the foxes got away too many times imo, they had the time. i wolud of got rid o those dogs, do ok when they get summit, but not hard is it. down this way we have single runs, its safer for the dogs. plus night lasts longer :thumbs:

:thumbdown: useless, doubled up and still take their time, look like the fellas know what theyre doing though, good sqeeking in, good footage, but shame the dogs arent much kop. a proper dog does it on their own, without all the over shooting, the deer should of been dead before jumped fence, and the foxes got away too many times imo, they had the time. i wolud of got rid o those dogs, do ok when they get summit, but not hard is it. down this way we have single runs, its safer for the dogs. plus night lasts longer :thumbs:

You can't say them dogs r no good of watching a few runs on film,you would have to see them over a season to judge a mans dog,jmo.

You can't say them dogs r no good of watching a few runs on film,you would have to see them over a season to judge a mans dog,jmo.

you would of thought they would put the best onto u tube. wouldnt you? i can see theyre no good mate, i got eyes. cant turn, no change of pace, no decent strike, the ones they caught were all doubled up and ran in their path, from being turned by other dog. a good dog runs differently imo.:thumbs:

Im no saying all the dogs cant do it and also i agree there out getting the tackle and thats what its all about but its easy for the lads that go out and run 1-2 maybe 3-4 fox a week to think them dogs are awsome when the truth is ... there not i bet theres only a few dogs in that dvd that can do the job single handed, alot of dogs will go into 1 doubled up but dont want 1 alone FACT! , thats just my opinion and every1 has there own, them number are easy to achive at the start of the season when the corn first cut and we often run big numbers week in week out begining of the season and was still getting 2,3s's at the back end, (PRE-BAN) :thumbs:

Pre ban.When entering a pup you doubled up.Its simple realy.:thumbs: Its Called learning.:thumbs:

I think the wrecking crew dvd is a good watch,to be honest theres nothing else out there that comes close its action packed and the lads deserve credit for getting out there working their dogs having fun.What people have to remember is its a group of lads working their dogs together so it wouldnt be make sense to run one dog at a time if all the dogs are going to get a run.I got this dvd before i started working my dog so it was quite impressive to me,since getting out there and running dogs single handed and doubled up i do think some of the runs are abit drawn out considering there is 2 dogs working, it sometimes seems as if one dog is doing all the work .The runs on deer are terribleand you do here the fella saying there not deer dogs, i think the dogs should be more than capable of taking deer so maybe the reason they are not that good is lack of experience.I think as well the bit with the terrier isnt too good, but at the end of the day this is some lads home video that wasnt meant to be seen by all.At the end of the day there isnt another film film that can compete with it its out there on its own its and i would reccomed it to anyone, it made me want to get out and work my dog and thats no bad thing i dont think there will ever be anything similiar to it thats available to watch :thumbs:

Edited by matt32

Credit to them for putting the time in and the quarry in front of the dogs but not my cup of tea. I more interested in the run than the finish so i'd rather have a lighter dog that can turn better but maybe not do so many a night. Wouldnt want that many people along either but different strokes for different folks

right anyone who says they can do better put a vid up for us to see and like has bin said you cant judge a dog by seeing it run the once and like someone else said there is one dog doing most of work they run an experienced dog with a pup to bring it on i dont know the guys im not saying they the only people what can do it but i sin there dvd and loved it. Who has sin the proper hare coursing lads doing about 20 fu(king hares in one day about 12 inch of snow now thats bad sportsmanship

Pre ban.When entering a pup you doubled up.Its simple realy.:thumbs: Its Called learning.:thumbs:

So they LEARN that they got another dog to help them. Rather have a dog that can do it on its own and learn that it dont need help! what happens when the dogs crash into each other and your pups ruined? dont take much teaching for a running dog to chase mate. they will soon learn by themselves. all the pusssy footing about is why theres so much crap about in first place, if one dog cant do it on its own, get another one that can imo.:thumbs: If its learning then why not wait till an older experienced dog has caught it then slip the younger one, safer that way, same as coursing long ears, wait till older dog wears it down then slip at end of a course, but i dont even do that, rather they find out the hard way, alright for starting to mouth thats it.

you would of thought they would put the best onto u tube. wouldnt you? i can see theyre no good mate, i got eyes. cant turn, no change of pace, no decent strike, the ones they caught were all doubled up and ran in their path, from being turned by other dog. a good dog runs differently imo.:thumbs:

I don't think the lads who made it would of put it on YouTube do you?it's only a few runs chief,might of been young dogs,might of had a load more foxes same night not caught on film,who knows it's just a bit of film,. :thumbs:

Watch it a few times now and some good runs and kills don't mind a dog being doubled up to many people have the word (single) in there head if it does not do it single its no good.

As for the video its self there some good dogs there and some l would not have out my back.There is to many times on the video the dog wont go into the ditch after the fox just stops dead sniffing and pissing instead wrecking the hedges after it what good would them dogs be during the day in around cover???