My NA Lurcher

That is one awsome looking running dog!

How are you getting on with him, how does he compare to your Salukis?

Thanks, he's a fantastic dog. His prey drive is unbelievable, he lives for the hunt and would willing die for the hunt I think. He's very fast for the first 800-1000 yards, and has a great run up, after the initial sprint he'll lay back and let the salukis go to work until the jack starts losing his moves, he really likes going for the take.

Paul

hunted with that dog several times ,old chance is agood dog i would have like d to have him in scotland , great natured , good hunter but these ole black tailed jacks in new mexico take abit of catching all the best

if its not chance hees his double

hunted with that dog several times ,old chance is agood dog i would have like d to have him in scotland , great natured , good hunter but these ole black tailed jacks in new mexico take abit of catching all the best

if its not chance hees his double

You got it right, that's Chance, Dutch has some great dogs. Had his father too, Badger, he died of bone cancer over a year ago - real shame.

chance would have been a handy dog here in scotland big woods good scent hew used to go back packing with dutch , and carry a load ,chance was on a coyote with dutch me and a freind with beech nut and rhoda a few years back ,try him on coyotes hees got the nature there some good coyote blood there in his breeding

salugi what quarry you hunt with him?

Just blacktail jacks, and the random cottontail. He'll chase the local coyotes out of our yard but gets unsighted pretty quick, just as well as far as I'm concerned. I also fly a falcon and have been working on getting the falcon wed to jacks, put one jack in the bag that the falcon cartwheeled while the sighthounds were coursing it, it was a pretty amazing sight. We've had a lot of snow this winter which has thrown a wrench into the coursing/falconry combo.

chance would have been a handy dog here in scotland big woods good scent hew used to go back packing with dutch , and carry a load ,chance was on a coyote with dutch me and a freind with beech nut and rhoda a few years back ,try him on coyotes hees got the nature there some good coyote blood there in his breeding

I've been coursing only for a few years and am not sure I got the stomach for coyotes yet, the wife would kill me if the dog got hurt (more than he already does!)