has any one on here ever eaten carp

Guest bullterrier

have been approached by a Chinese man asking if i would give him a carp that i had just caught i don't see why people take them from lakes when tescos asda morrison sell carp there just like ever other farmed fish..:thumbs: ..john

Carp are supposed to be a good eating fish!

Never tried em myself tho so cant comment.

Was once given a good Chub recipie tho.

Perpare fish as for any other.

Sandwich Chub between 2 damp pieces of ply.

Place in oven and bake for 40 mins.

Remove Chub from oven carefully remove the plywood.

Discard the Chub and eat the ply :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by masmiffy
Guest bullterrier

to the polish carp on Christmas day is like us eating turkey and carp were brought into this country by monks as food next time your in your local supermarket check out the fish counter..:thumbs: .john

Polish eat it for there big celebration meal on Christmas eve, the ones I spoke to thought it tasted crap.

I have eaten it in Israel and China, very bland and muddy tasting, I would'nt bother again.

It was common eating here at one time, there were often carp farms in places like monasteries.

to the polish carp on Christmas day is like us eating turkey and carp were brought into this country by monks as food next time your in your local supermarket check out the fish counter..:thumbs: .john

i believe that is crucian carp.

i fish a monestry lake,only crucians,no other carp or fish of any type.

Although,i was told catfish were caught in it many years ago so have nothing to loose than sit it out with a dead bait to see what happens.

to get the best out of any river or pit fish you need to take it home alive...put it in a tank of water leave it in this tank for 2 days...transfer to another tank with clean water in it for another day then into another tank of fresh water for further day then it is ready to eat as you have washed all the earthy taste from it by putting it in fresh water for a while...it will also soften the flesh up and it will eat well...

the way we do it is pan on heat pour some good extra virgin oil in the pan take your filets and cover them in a good korma paste cook for a couple mins on both sides then add some coconut milk another big spoon of the korma paste corriandor and any other herbs you like serve on boiled fluffy rice.

paul

to get the best out of any river or pit fish you need to take it home alive...put it in a tank of water leave it in this tank for 2 days...transfer to another tank with clean water in it for another day then into another tank of fresh water for further day then it is ready to eat as you have washed all the earthy taste from it by putting it in fresh water for a while...it will also soften the flesh up and it will eat well...

the way we do it is pan on heat pour some good extra virgin oil in the pan take your filets and cover them in a good korma paste cook for a couple mins on both sides then add some coconut milk another big spoon of the korma paste corriandor and any other herbs you like serve on boiled fluffy rice.

paul

or just f*****g cook it like everyone else eh ?