JACKING (OR PULLING UP)

A MATES 11 MONTHS OLD DOG PULLED UP IN A STINGER OF A RACE YESTERDAY. SHE WAS DOUBLED

UP WITH AN OLDER AND MUCH MORE EXPERCIENED DOG, AND IT WAS EASILY OVER 5 MINUTES.THIS

IS THE FIRST TIME SHE HAS DONE THIS AND SHE WAS FED THE NIGHT BEFORE (HE DID NOT NO).

QUESTION IS, IS SHE NOW A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME??? AND HAS THE OWNER COMPLETELY RUINED

HER?? ONCE THEY JACK, DO THEY JACK FOR LIFE?? :blink:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tell your mate he is a tw.t for running the arse of a young dog , give the pup pleanty of rest and get it on some easy rabbits and hope it hasnt f..cked it confidence and its lungs !!

Well mate ,Ive done more thn my fair share and 99% of it has been on big land and with top class quarry.   Firstly. The chap stated that it was five mins plus and that is what most folk have answere

Just my very uneducated opinion, but you cant say a lurcher is no good until it has had at least a couple of seasons as a mature adult getting enough game put in front of it......you cant make your mi

A MATES 11 MONTHS OLD DOG PULLED UP IN A STINGER OF A RACE YESTERDAY. SHE WAS DOUBLED

UP WITH AN OLDER AND MUCH MORE EXPERCIENED DOG, AND IT WAS EASILY OVER 5 MINUTES.THIS

IS THE FIRST TIME SHE HAS DONE THIS AND SHE WAS FED THE NIGHT BEFORE (HE DID NOT NO).

QUESTION IS, IS SHE NOW A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME??? AND HAS THE OWNER COMPLETELY RUINED

Its 11month old, still a pup!5 min is a f*****g long time for a pup!

Edited by graham4877

I always feed mine the night before and I've never had a problem..... Probaly wood if I didn't feed it though. And a 5 min run is a massive run for an 11 month old pup. Is the pup even fit? Has it run before? There is loads of ifs and buts, but it should not really be a problem. There is a difference between jacking and not been able to run anymore.

I always feed mine the night before and I've never had a problem..... Probaly wood if I didn't feed it though. And a 5 min run is a massive run for an 11 month old pup. Is the pup even fit? Has it run before? There is loads of ifs and buts, but it should not really be a problem. There is a difference between jacking and not been able to run anymore.

Likes been said far too young for that sort run/work, Id do nothing else with it now too till stubble time make sure its fit then give it a few easy ones that way too see and ill run it on its own next time also,

And another thing you keep given it that sort of runs at this age (leggy pup don't forget) you will almost guarantee you'll have a jacker on your hands as you''ll break the young pups spirit if you anit already....

• Like 1

my mates dog pulled up yesterday in stinger of a race? do you mean the dogs were raceing about or in a race ,a 5 mins race ,eitherway that is along time for a pup 2 be running ,i would,nt say give up on the dog just lay off it and remeber the dogs doing it for fun and at moment before it relizes whats reqired of it next season and jackers are usually bred trough dogs

Edited by rocky1

my mates dog pulled up yesterday in stinger of a race? do you mean the dogs were raceing about or in a race ,a 5 mins race ,eitherway that is along time for a pup 2 be running ,i would,nt say give up on the dog just lay off it and remeber the dogs doing it for fun and at moment before it relizes whats reqired of it next season and jackers are usually bred trough dogs

THEY WERE COURSING A HARE :whistling:

I always like to take my time entering a dog to give the best possible chance and i loathe the chop and chage merchants. Five minutes is hell of a long time, especially for an 11 month old pup, and at 11 months thats still what it is, as others have said, many variables including fitness etc and im sure somebody with much more expeience than me will add to the thread......

11month old on hare! should only be running rabbits till 14-15 month!

It might look fully grown, but the tendons are still not fullly grown! best way to get sloppy feet in a dog!

then it will be passed about!

well it knows what 2 down the when tough gets going ,far 2 young ,i,ve read somewear that a dogs lungs are even fully development till 16 /18 months and long hard runs can damage them and scar them for life ,just my opion i sure the longdogs men will clear this up for you :thumbs:

well it knows what 2 down the when tough gets going ,far 2 young ,i,ve read somewear that a dogs lungs are even fully development till 16 /18 months and long hard runs can damage them and scar them for life ,just my opion i sure the longdogs men will clear this up for you :thumbs:

i've read that to mate!! the whole in sides are weak so over running them fucks them up! But its their dog,

If they want to f**k it , the can! shame tho init!!

11 months old dog could get a bit lost on a 5 minute run, but should not pull up,

nothing to do with being fed the night before, dog should be fed night before !!

if she jacked she will do it again next time when under presure