pup killed lamping

out lamping last nite with my pup he run in 2 a cow feeder and got killed. he was comein on so well 2 he was lifting all round him he was runin along with dogs twise his age and was hammering them every time gutted big time he was 11 months. has this ever happend any 1 els?????????????????

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

having a litter this year with these 2 only one other going to someone else of here as im a softie and support the sport u can av one free of charge if ur genuine bloke and treat it right pm me if int

Sorry to hear of the loss of your young dog mate, every time we run them we take a risk but what can help is if its on permission, walk the land so you are familiar with the layout and farm plant etc,

out lamping last nite with my pup he run in 2 a cow feeder and got killed. he was comein on so well 2 he was lifting all round him he was runin along with dogs twise his age and was hammering them every time gutted big time he was 11 months. has this ever happend any 1 els?????????????????

few times over the years mate yes,like you say proper gutter one of the downsides to running a dog im afraid,got to pick yourself up mate if its in you then its the only way forward,look at it another way,a pup taken on board now may well be ready to start off later this year and get you back out there :thumbs:

few times over the years mate yes,like you say proper gutter one of the downsides to running a dog im afraid,got to pick yourself up mate if its in you then its the only way forward,look at it another way,a pup taken on board now may well be ready to start off later this year and get you back out there :thumbs:

thanks mate goin 2 try my best 2 get a pup and get out next seasson

thanks mate goin 2 try my best 2 get a pup and get out next seasson

its for the best mate believe me,good luck for the future :thumbs:

sorry for your loss ,had it happen with my lakeyxpat just out walking ,came on top a fox [preban]and chased it on the a19 moterway both were dead it not nice especially explaing it 2 my kids ,keep you chin up ,and the old saying ,if you fall of your bike get straight back on :thumbs:

Sorry to hear of the loss of your young dog mate, every time we run them we take a risk but what can help is if its on permission, walk the land so you are familiar with the layout and farm plant etc, learn where the hazards are this will help reduce the chance of accidents, if its not permission then its one of the risks you take when poaching but all land permission or not would be better for a once over. Good Luck.

• Like 1

I've lost 3 over the years in the field mate, not a good feeling :thumbdown: It's the nature of the game mate, I reckon more people will have lost a running dog in action than will not have, sad as that sounds.

What breed of pup do you want mate? Let us know, I'm sure one of the guys on here who has breed that type of pup would give you one as a gesture, good bunch of lads on here. :thumbs:

Unfortunatley mate this is the life of the working dog weither it be a lurcher, terrier,hound what ever it may be sometimes this does happen ive saw it on more than one occasssion and its not nice but like watch man said youve just gotta pick yourself up and carry on :thumbs: sorry for your loss mate