hOUNDS

Was out with a friend today with his small pack of various hounds.He had 10 out and his brother in law had 3.No guns or lurchers involved just hounds.We got 3 good hunts,maybe 30 t0 40 min each time on fox,it was lovely to hear them hunt and all let run for next season,they even ran one to ground and me without a terrier for a change,but what the heck injoyed it anyway.

• Like 1

Was out with a friend today with his small pack of various hounds.He had 10 out and his brother in law had 3.No guns or lurchers involved just hounds.We got 3 good hunts,maybe 30 t0 40 min each time on fox,it was lovely to hear them hunt and all let run for next season,they even ran one to ground and me without a terrier for a change,but what the heck injoyed it anyway.

Some of the best hunts I've seen have resulted in the fox getting away.

If im not diging to them i would far sooner see a gud hunt than to see a fox shot,it is fox control i know,but to me it aint sport.With a lurcher its either caught or gets away,but ive seen too many shot and still get away to die a long slow death.Idont go with hounds much anymore but it was nice to hear them hunt for a change.

good to hear the hounds were hunting well, and glad you're not just one of those guys that just hammers the hell out of the foxes regardless of time of year, i appreciate that if there's ewe's lambing or gamebirds that need to be protected then thats a different situation, but anyway good on ya :thumbs:

If im not diging to them i would far sooner see a gud hunt than to see a fox shot,it is fox control i know,but to me it aint sport.With a lurcher its either caught or gets away,but ive seen too many shot and still get away to die a long slow death.Idont go with hounds much anymore but it was nice to hear them hunt for a change.

completly agree mate :thumbs:

Agree 100%

I refuse to go out with hounds any more, although its still a good laugh, sitting in a feed ride for 5 hours with a gun is no fun :no:

Some of the gun packs up here would be as well using spaniels, the hounds barely ever see the feking fox.

You hear the hounds speak and you are buzzing, then 2 minutes later BANG all over.

It aint what it used to be.

FTB