favourite boxer

what about the ONLY, boxer from the united kingdom, to be inducted into the boxing hall of fame, yes thats right a legend---------- ken buchannan, class, skill , heart , i say no more

he was guest speaker at a do i was at a few year ago some cracking storys ...

stig , we had him at our annual boxing dinner, last year , did he tell you about the time , ali asked to share a dressing room with him, absolutely brilliant it was,

i had a program when he beat laguana in the garden , signed by him , took it along , he asked how the f**k i had it , his granddad gave me it , he signed it again ---top bloke

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those two pricks as you call them,reached the very highest level of their profession winning world titles and securing their families futures....what have you won a world title at ?

my all time favourite boxer was a little fellow called barry mcguigan cracking fighter he reminded me of a little terrier he never backed up brilliant to watch

mayweather jr, easyly one of the most talented fighters to grace this earth, even if he is a dick.

defo jack dempsey :thumbs: one of the hardest punchers ever in the history of boxing!! i love reading about this man, his life story is amazing :victory: from a time when boxing was a proper sport aswell imagine how many times this fight would of got stopped in todays times :thumbdown:

That video says 1st round TKO, it actually went on for three rounds before Willard couldn't continue.

what about the ONLY, boxer from the united kingdom, to be inducted into the boxing hall of fame, yes thats right a legend---------- ken buchannan, class, skill , heart , i say no more

he was guest speaker at a do i was at a few year ago some cracking storys ...

stig , we had him at our annual boxing dinner, last year , did he tell you about the time , ali asked to share a dressing room with him, absolutely brilliant it was,

i had a program when he beat laguana in the garden , signed by him , took it along , he asked how the f**k i had it , his granddad gave me it , he signed it again ---top bloke

he was only spose to do an hour he did 2 signed 100s of autographs ..

buchannan was a great fighter but he came un stuck against duran he just wasent good enough on that day :thumbs:

buchannan was a great fighter but he came un stuck against duran he just wasent good enough on that day :thumbs:

Didn't that fight end with Duran hitting him below the belt?

Didn't that fight end with Duran hitting him below the belt?

Yes it did, and Buchanan was holding his own well enough up until it ended in the scandalous way that it did.

heavyweight in my decade 80s TYSON for sure, prob my best all time favorite, the ROCK 49 FIGHTS unbeaten!! never ducked nobody like they do today, a title which will never be beaten again in the heavyweight division, best pound for pound today is mayweahter, but pacman will beat him!! if they fight??

heavyweight in my decade 80s TYSON for sure, prob my best all time favorite, the ROCK 49 FIGHTS unbeaten!! never ducked nobody like they do today, a title which will never be beaten again in the heavyweight division, best pound for pound today is mayweahter, but pacman will beat him!! if they fight??

i think mayweather will beat him on points it gona be a war if it ever happens that is :whistling:

you try taking punches to the balls , i'm sure youd wilt too , yes duran was talented too , but dirty as f**k , win at any cost

met ali got his auto graph 96 in edinburgh my pal from school buchanan was his father met him several times , duran as alite weight seventies chavez eightties ninties ,de la hoya ninties mayweather pac man ,now , several good fighters benn hagler , tons of them

boxing has had many greats

sugar ray robinson

joe lousis

archie moor

sonny liston

floyd patterson

joe frazier

george forman

robeto duran

marvin hagler

ray leonard

henry mask

hecta camacho

orlando canaizarles

julio cezar chavez

sot chitalarda

john conteh

don curry

oscar del la hoya

khaosai galaxy

victor galindez

wilfredo gomez

humberto gonzalez

marvin hagler

evander holyfield

roy jones

sung kill moon

ruben olivares

jorge paez

eusebio pedroza

marlon starling

james tony

wilfredo vazquez

pernell whitaker

BUT THE GREATEST CASIUS CLAY AKA MOHAMAD ALI :notworthy:

Some list that sir.....may i ask,is this merely some of your own favorites or what you consider to be " greats " ?

Do you really consider Hector Camacho a great ?? my old pal Boza Edwards had him on the back foot and running for his life for 11 of the 12 rounds in Miami in the mid 80,s....and still lost the decision :censored: ...very overated fighter Camacho in my opinion.

Don Curry ?....if he had the balls to match his talent he could have been a great,but believed his own hype and realised just how hard the game is when he met Honeyghan....and after.

Marlon Starling,John Conteh,Galindez,Paez :hmm: .......cant argue with your last choice though...." the greatest ".

Edited by gnasher16