terrier names

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend of ours up pub has this firey 2 year old, Called Sparky! :laugh: Fits his nature plus his owners an electirician :D Must be one of the smallest dogs that comes into the pub but oh boy does he make the most noise! There is often up to 10 dogs in at any one time and he would take the lot on in one go :laugh:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Ye might do what I now do, after a life time of dreaming up new and 'Brilliant' names for my Dogs; Look at the bugger and name it by it's colour, size or what ever. Thus I now have "Black Pup ", "Orange Dog ", " Big Dog " and " Small Dog ".

Failing that, if it's male? Call it " Son. " Ye know, after all, as well as I do that ye'll more often end up saying, " C'mere son " than ye would, " C'mere ------- ".

I once came up with the best damn name I ever heard on a Dog. Happens he turned out the best damn Dog I ever owned too. Still have his photo, right there above the fire place. But I'll not mention his name. Because no other Dog, in my eyes, is worthy of taking that name. Period.

Name that good comes from ye heart though. Not a forum.

Of course, the 'Best' name ever is when other people refer to your Dog in awe. When they speak of " Deltor's X Dog, 'So 'n so'. Name doesn't matter a shit if ye peers revere that name :good:

Ye might do what I now do, after a life time of dreaming up new and 'Brilliant' names for my Dogs; Look at the bugger and name it by it's colour, size or what ever. Thus I now have "Black Pup ", "Orange Dog ", " Big Dog " and " Small Dog ".

Failing that, if it's male? Call it " Son. " Ye know, after all, as well as I do that ye'll more often end up saying, " C'mere son " than ye would, " C'mere ------- ".

I once came up with the best damn name I ever heard on a Dog. Happens he turned out the best damn Dog I ever owned too. Still have his photo, right there above the fire place. But I'll not mention his name. Because no other Dog, in my eyes, is worthy of taking that name. Period.

Name that good comes from ye heart though. Not a forum.

Of course, the 'Best' name ever is when other people refer to your Dog in awe. When they speak of " Deltor's X Dog, 'So 'n so'. Name doesn't matter a shit if ye peers revere that name :good:

DS i think you have been kissing the blarney stone? ye can fair tell a tale and i mean that in the nicest possible way, i enjoy all your posts! :)

all our dogs get named for their characteristics, or something do to with the circumstances in which they were acquired. like my first terrier, who was named Brambles, cos when i was little, mum used to knit me all these wooly jumpers, and the pup kept getting stuck to me! my current terrier is called Spencer, because he was born the night Lady Diana died. my first lurcher was a big black saluki x, who my dad named Black Jack Davy, after the Steeleye Span song.

i've had terriers called Gnashers, Brambles, Topsy, Pickles (both out of brambles), Spencer, Charlie, and charlies sister, who started out as Sally, but rapidly had her name changed to Loopy! my bro named his terrier x pup "Turbo-Charged Super Dog". bless him, he was only 4 when we got the pup. the name was shortened to "Turbo" then to "Bo" or "Bodey". Bo has lived up to his original name though, he's nearly 19, still going strong! even got his leg over a couple of weeks ago!

best-named pet i've ever had is a cat that my mum looks after for me. i called him Shit. and he answers to it. usually gets called Shit "something", i.e. Shit Stick, Shit Wizard, Shit Head... we don't get on with the neighbours, and i used to spend many happy hours leaning out the back door, shouting "Shit! SHIT!" at 2 in the morning....

Edited by Ossie

Todd, Meg, Mick,, Jess, just don't let the wife name a terrier, or the kids or they will be names that you can't shout out loud. In Chapmans the Real Jack Russel there is a couple of pages just with names for terriers.

Quite useful.....................if you've no imagination ;)