plummers at a good price

£500 a pup,if they were.I know where they come from and they are no workers

I HAVE TWO BITCHES FROM THERE AND THEY WORK SO LETS NOT START SLAGGING THE BREED OFF AGAIN JUST BECAUSE OF ISSUES WITH THE BREEDER.HOW ABOUT SOME CONSTRUCTIVE DEBATE ABOUT WHAT A FAIR PRICE FOR A PUP WITH WORKING POTENTIAL IS AND HOW IT VARIES ACROSS THE BREEDS.

on here? :no::no::no:

• Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no point having a go at people who own plummers its getting boring they are happy with what they have and use them for a number of things but in the main earth work aint there thing we all know this s

All about money once more .if hes no time for them why no give them away ?

on here?

Posted Images

I HAVE TWO BITCHES FROM THERE AND THEY WORK SO LETS NOT START SLAGGING THE BREED OFF AGAIN JUST BECAUSE OF ISSUES WITH THE BREEDER.HOW ABOUT SOME CONSTRUCTIVE DEBATE ABOUT WHAT A FAIR PRICE FOR A PUP WITH WORKING POTENTIAL IS AND HOW IT VARIES ACROSS THE BREEDS.

Constructive debate + plummers- Admire your optimism.

I HAVE TWO BITCHES FROM THERE AND THEY WORK

work what?

MAINLY RABBIT AND RAT,FOXES AS THEY CROP UP.I WANTED ALLROUNDERS AND THATS HOW I USE THEM.BLACK DOGS THEY AINT BUT THEY SUIT ME FINE.HOPE SOME ON HERE CAN ENGAGE IN CONSTRUCTIVE DIOLOUGE,I DONT MIND A BIT OF TOUNGE IN CHEEK BANTER WITH MATURE SCEPTICAL TERRIERMEN.

if the fella got them as pups at £500 each then i suppose he is only trying to recoup some money....trouble is £500 a pup was too much in the first place, secondly as they are a rehome people have to trust that they are worth whatever is asked unless you know them personally it is hard to verify how good they are. would be interesting to know where they came from...

atb

Guest dee mac

no point having a go at people who own plummers its getting boring they are happy with what they have and use them for a number of things but in the main earth work aint there thing we all know this so let it go .but the main gripe i have with the plummer owners in the main is money.its all about pedigrees this and so much money for this pup or service of that dog we will start our club up its the best no ours is the best etc etc .in the perfect world and this goes for all terriers or all breeds of dogs the people who own or have a fancy in a certain breed should stick together and breed between each other to attain or maintain the qualities of said dog try and improve the breed as a whole and to keep it tight among the genuine dog people and too keep the money men and dog dealers out of the picture but by looks of things this aint going too happen its actually quite sad that the once good old honest terrier of all creeds is going down the road as just another way too make a quick buck .

• Like 3

no point having a go at people who own plummers its getting boring they are happy with what they have and use them for a number of things but in the main earth work aint there thing we all know this so let it go .but the main gripe i have with the plummer owners in the main is money.its all about pedigrees this and so much money for this pup or service of that dog we will start our club up its the best no ours is the best etc etc .in the perfect world and this goes for all terriers or all breeds of dogs the people who own or have a fancy in a certain breed should stick together and breed between each other to attain or maintain the qualities of said dog try and improve the breed as a whole and to keep it tight among the genuine dog people and too keep the money men and dog dealers out of the picture but by looks of things this aint going too happen its actually quite sad that the once good old honest terrier of all creeds is going down the road as just another way too make a quick buck .

good post Dm ,The plummer breed could be the best terrier breed there is,only for people fighting over nothing,imagined slights etc. I.M.O the powers that be within plummers started worrying about things like colour too early-theres lines of them that work very well- but as far as i can see there is no selection of breeding stock in that direction

i totally agree with this post. the plummer terrier will be the next terrier KC. regd if the majority of owners have their way. there are very few plummers bred with work only in mind. this is a real pity as they have a lot to offer. not as earthdogs but as al round pesters that can and do deal with the odd fox. :thumbs: as in all breeds not everyone is in it for the fame and fortune. some owners just ike the type and enjoy working them in some shape or form.

i totally agree with this post. the plummer terrier will be the next terrier KC. regd if the majority of owners have their way. there are very few plummers bred with work only in mind. this is a real pity as they have a lot to offer. not as earthdogs but as al round pesters that can and do deal with the odd fox. :thumbs: as in all breeds not everyone is in it for the fame and fortune. some owners just ike the type and enjoy working them in some shape or form.

I SECOND THE ABOVE COMMENTS.NICE TO READ SOME COMMONSENSE,WELLDONE DEE MAC AND SHINEY

• 1 month later...

if the fella got them as pups at £500 each then i suppose he is only trying to recoup some money....trouble is £500 a pup was too much in the first place, secondly as they are a rehome people have to trust that they are worth whatever is asked unless you know them personally it is hard to verify how good they are. would be interesting to know where they came from...

atb

alright toka /ive just joined this site mate looking for plummer terrier pup for bit of work any chance you could point me in right direction mate ps like the picture of the plummer dog all the best dan speak to you soon

What do you class as work though? Rats and rabbits?? :whistling:

Fair price for a pup with working potential??......Free, surely?

However i know people like to make a bit of beer money so i wouldnt sell a pup for more than £100 which still seems alot and it should be regarudless to type

How can the plummer fans consider them a credible working terrier breed when they have all these daft f*****g pedigree names and obscene prices for a terrier that very very rarely works to ground?!

Edited by OldNog

I got my plummer pup for 100 quid. He is 7m, has a white arse and is black between the withers so don't think any of the clubs'd want us!

I don't really understand the fuss about plummer politics, means nothing to me and doesn't affect me or the dog.

I don't really understand the fancy names either. Mine is just called Alfred.

Mind you (and i am a novice here, so be nice), when people moan about some plummer owners having fancy pedigree names for their dogs, it does remind me about reading about 'this line' and 'that strain' and 'bred by so and so', that so many lurchers/bullxs owners talk about on the threads day in day out. Isn't that sort of the same thing as a pedigree name? Just an observation.

By the way, I'm not trying to have a dig at owners of lurchers/bullxs, so please don't go nuts.

Edited by Tomm Parr