just starting coursing, need some advice!

Heya all

Just started coursing (or rather, I'm trying to) and I want to start off with rabbits and brown hares.

I live in an area with plenty of fields and I need some advice/tips to help get me started.

I've got a lurcher, she's about 8 months old now and she's a real cracker. She's already got a few rabbits under her belt I'm to understand from the bloke I got her from.

Lamping wouldn't be my thing either seeing as I need to get up fairly early in the morning for college.

I also own an air rifle (.22, spring) if there's any suggestions on that as well.

Cheers in advance for your input!

Edited by Ash

not illegal to use a lurcher to flush hares to a gun, :thumbs:

but he's not he has said he is coursing!!!

but as people are saying mate keep away from hares :thumbs: , seasons over now anyways mate be full of young

aye an noo he knows, take his gun, if he cannae get a safe shot then accidents happen..........

an who you to tellhim what an when to run an hunt :blink:

another nosey parker..... should be encouraging guys like him, not trying to put him off :thumbdown:

but as people are saying mate keep away from hares :thumbs: , seasons over now anyways mate be full of young

aye an noo he knows, take his gun, if he cannae get a safe shot then accidents happen..........

an who you to tellhim what an when to run an hunt :blink:

another nosey parker..... should be encouraging guys like him, not trying to put him off :thumbdown:

ok mate go out kill everything you see this time of year, bet ya theres not much about next year, and im not telling him what and when i was only saying summer hunting feck's it up for the follow season if you see were im coming from, :thumbs: far doo's ypu have a young dog and a few easy summer kills on young rab's will do the dog some good :thumbs:

If it was still legal mate you'd still have 11 days left :tongue2:

If the Waterloo Cup was still being run wasn't that always run at the end of Febuary?Them hares never looked full of young to me.