Ferreting with rascal_2005 & L and A

Here are the pic's from our day's ferreting we had today. The weather was kind but alas the bunnies eluded us a bit today :wallbash: Anyway rascal_2005 should be along soon to do the write up :whistling: The deal when people come out is that i do the pic's, they do the write up :thumbs:

http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x372/blackstaff2/Ferreting%20Feb%2011/?albumview=slideshow

well boys and girls.

firstly let me say that, this was my first time ferreting and the first time of meeting these fellas :icon_eek: so to say i was bricking it was an understatement.

firstly i turn up at the farm and call blackstaff................ JOHN BOY! IL CALL YOU BACK IM JUST TRYING TO GET A SHEEP OUT OF THE RIVER!!!! ohh ok not what i expected to hear but hey ho, 5 mins kater and he calls me back and directs me to the field.

we get the hellos out of the way and im shown around the dogs and we venture into a strip of woodland borderd by a crop field.

everything had already been netted and black staff taught me the 'signs' for what we need to use rather than make a noise.

'right john, im going to drop the ferrts n now and then we just wait'

we was waiting for about 3 mins when the dogs started to mark a hole at the top of the bank. [bANNED TEXT] enougth BANG.... out flew the bunny followd verry closely behide by perl the dog. smash straight into the net. one down and i was soo happpy to see the dogs run :)

we moved about in this bit of wood but nothing realy arose, we had a couple butnothing specctacular. altho ltittle bill mangaged a bunny withhis catty :) well done fella :)

i think we decided to move on when the ferrets decided it was a good idea to search the pile of rubbis and scrap at the bottom of the bank, and we didnt fancy digging through that to get them out.

we boxed up the ferrets and moved further around the field, we tryed a spot but saw nothing.

we saw a likely hole and tryed again. this time the ferret decided he was having such a good time down there that he was staying...........so the digging began! blackstaff down all the hard work i admit, i did do a little bit but it was hard work holding the dog and watchin you mate haha.

a 4 foot (child size as you can see from the pics) hole and the b*****d ferret decided he wanted to come out the hole he enterd and stroled out as if nothing had happend haha. we filled the hole and moved on to another wood.

black staff told me and LandA to put the dogs on the slips and possition our selfs at the top and bottom of the wood/ i took the bottom and LandA took the top.

blackstaff and bill ferreted the holes and we waited.

straight away we was bolting bunnys all over, slipping dogs left right and centre haha. was real good fun and pearl had some fantastic catches. on the last slip both dogs took off after seperate rabbits but headed the same way, we lost sight of them and i heard a horrible yelp! well i was off like a rocket, to find both dogs looking fine,

we decided that was it for the day andstarted to head back when i knoticed that pearl had had a knck and cut her le/ we cleaned it up and got her back to the motor.

we packed up and headed back to the farmers house too give him a coupleof bunnys :)

we decided while we was there to have a little bushing session and we had one slip at a bunny! well when i say we i meen blackstaff and LandA as they was in a field of cows and me and bill decided to stay the other side......... ok bill bricked it and as the responsible adult i stayed with him to take care of him :tongue2: well thats my story and im sticking to it hahahahaha! (ipooed my self when i saw the bull lol )

that was it then, the sun was going down and it was time to go home.

i gotta say thanks to the guys for today and ihope we can get out gain soon :)

thanks alot

john boy

Fair play on the right up bud, pretty good :thumbs: Let me tell you now wet sheep are :censored: heavy, even with 2 grown men pulling it up the bank side :blink::D As for the digging bit, next time i'm thinking i may need you to try, just so i can advise you on how to do it :feck:

It was a good day mate shame about the numbers but hey ho :good: We had good weather, good runs and good company, happy days :thumbs:

Fair play on the right up bud, pretty good :thumbs: Let me tell you now wet sheep are :censored: heavy, even with 2 grown men pulling it up the bank side :blink::D As for the digging bit, next time i'm thinking i may need you to try, just so i can advise you on how to do it :feck:

It was a good day mate shame about the numbers but hey ho :good: We had good weather, good runs and good company, happy days :thumbs:

How many did yous get (rabbits)